“Just heaven!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Hayati

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riad Hayati
Save Saved
You added Riad Hayati to your Saves list
27 Derb Bouderba | Riad Zitoun Jdid, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #50 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Calgary, Canada
“Just heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have just come back from what can only be described as heaven – Riad Hayati!

Having fallen for Marrakech on my first trip there (I stayed elsewhere last time - a mistake I won’t ever be making again) I decided to go back and after reading the reviews on here thought that this time I’d book to stay at Hayati. It is every bit as amazing as described and more!!!

It’s a long journey from Canada but my tiredness soon wore off as soon as I stepped into the courtyard. It really takes your breath away - twinkling candles, singing birds and music playing - such bliss. It’s really hard to do it justice with a review on here, you have to see it for yourself to understand.

The rooms are beautiful and I think about 10 people could have fit into the bath in my room (no exaggeration!). Upstairs on the roof terrace there’s a sunbathing area, pool (much needed in the hot weather) and a table where you can have drinks as the sun sets – one of my favourite parts of the trip.

During my stay I was lucky enough to meet Ron, the owner of the Riad. What a welcoming and charming man! The care and attention to detail that has been put into his guests having the perfect stay is evident and it really makes for a fantastic trip.

In addition to the sheer beauty of the place the food is just outstanding. I did go and eat out for a few nights but nothing compared to the standard of food that we ate there. As is the service - you actually feel like this beautiful place could be your home (if only)!

Riad Hayati is a sanctuary and I cannot praise it enough! If you are undecided on where to stay then look no further - you cannot fail to be impressed.

Room Tip: They are all beautiful - each has its individual charm so it's hard to suggest one. My room was...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

401 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

The first thing I would like to say to our new found friends at Riad Hayati is DON'T CHANGE A THING - EVER! The property is just so lovely,comfortable and the service simply flawless.

We found Hayati in a review in Vogue. After a couple of conversations with Ron,we arranged to rent the whole riad for my 50th. It was a perfect choice for my birthday party. Ron and his staff really pulled out all the stops to make it memorable and we can't thank everyone enough.
Our friends were enchanted as well.

Mina is a fabulous cook and some of us hung about in the kitchen for some homey cookery lessons. Mina moves about in a confidant manner turning out the most delicious tajines and French desserts. She made a three-layer "death by choclate" birthday cake that was simply lucious. Together with her brother Abdel they cared for the eight of us.

Well, if I had to turn fifty this was the place to do it. Unforgettable!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely and extremely comfortable,each with its own character. I guess the suite w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The Riad has a wonderful location very close to the palaces,markets and the main square but it is tucked away in a charming little cul de sac. We were literally a couple of minutes stroll from several lovely restaurants and right next to the Bahia Palace and the old spice market,

We had our own terrace with lovely palms and tiny pool. The suite was large,airy and extremely comfortable and even had a butler's pantry stocked with juices wines and snacks. The bathroom very large with a walk in closet was extremely well appointed with shampoos,bath gels,robes and slippers..We had breakfast whenever we wanted in our robes on our own terrace.

Meals in the riad rivaled any of the restaurants we tried. Mina's Moroccan and French repetoire
seemed without limit. Her brother Abdel provided wonderful service not only in the riad but in helping to arrange day excursions to the mountains and Essaouira.

Our week was extremely restful in one of the most charmingly elegant places we have ever stayed at. Riad Hayati is a real treat.

Room Tip: The suite is perfect for romance with its own garden terrace and pool.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Absolutely superb stay at this lovely property much loved by its owner and guests we met that week. The riad is totally bling-less with an elegance and comfort that is an absolute dream. The service is professional, warm and just flawless. Ron and his staff make you feel totally relaxed. The smiles are as genuine as their wonderful care.

Every corner of the house is designed for rest and comfort. You could and entire day just moving from one charming room or alcove to another. Charm is everywhere.

Staying at Riad Hayati was a deliicious treat and, I might add, a perfect refuge from a city that challenges all your senses day and night. We enjoyed Marrakech even at its craziest, but we truly adored Hayati.

Room Tip: Our friends each had a charming room with private bath, but the suite is truly a dream. It's se...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is really a haven of exquisite charm with a deeply restful ambience that made us feel instantly at home. Abdel and Mina are real treasures who provided flawless service during out entire stay and Ron is the absolute perfect host.

The riad was the perfect venue for our reunion with friends who like us needed a bit of sun after weeks of rain and cold in London. It turned out to be the perfect house party with everything planned in advance with Ron who constantly provided thoughful surprises throughout our stay. I happen to mention that I liked pink roses and for five days the house was filled with masses of fragrant pink blooms. Each night aperitifs appeared after siesta and the dinners were simply fantastic. Mina offered us all the Moroccan classics and heavenly French desserts.

Riad Hayati is a real find and totally lives up to its reputation. Very Highly reccomended. Errol and Gang.

Room Tip: We rented the entire riad for five days. Every room is tasteful and extremely comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I would be remiss if I didn't admit that our stay at Riad Hayati was 100% in all respects.

As we were booking with Ron he sent us his own briefer on Marrakech with personal suggestions for do's and don'ts in in the city. These notes were extremely helpful in helping us

Our flight was extremely late due to a problem with the Madrid connection. But Ron was on the phone to us and tracked us right to Marrakech where Abdel was waiting with his gentle smile. With that kind of efficiency and care we felt very well looked after.

The hustle and bustle of Marrakech can be wearing on the nerves if you are not in the right mood for it. And when it all got too much we literally fled back to the riad to recharge. Some nights we just stayed in to be treated to one of Mina's delicious suppers.

The riad is classically beautiful. No bling or flash. It's lived-in elegance and it's all there to be enjoyed. The care and service we received was second to none and I am writing here to say how grateful we were for the experience.

Room Tip: We had a few very hot days so we really appreciated theair conditioned suite with the little plunge...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

What a delicious treat we had for our week at Riad Hayati. It's about as perfect as we could have hoped for and more. From the moment Abdel met us at the airport and whisked us off to the riad we were thoroughly awed. My goodness, I keep remembering our little gasp when we walked through the door into that magical courtyard, insence wafting through the house and the silence broken only by the sensuel Arabic music and a gurgling fountain.

Mina had already prepared a wonderful dinner for us and we dined by candlight. I could feel the stress of travel rolling away. That night we slept deeply in the cool comfortable bed with crisp linens and real turkish towels and rosemary scented bath soaps and shampoos. Fragrant roses everywhere .

There are lots of little quirky surprises throughout the house. A tiny foutain in a corner of the gallery, A salon filled with real Ottoman art and antique photos of Morocco and Arabia throughout. Masses of fabulous books, music. On a practical note, the WIFI worked perfectly.throughout the house.

Staying in this beautiful house was a wonderful bit of magic we won't soon forget. So grateful to Ron and his staff for our very special week.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely and very comfortable, but the suite was of course special with its own terr...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Hayati? Share your experiences!