“Dar Najat made our holiday perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Dar Najat

You added Riad Dar Najat to your Saves list
Riad Dar Najat
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Derb Lalla Chacha 18 | Douar Graoua, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Offers & Announcements
COOLEST MARRAKECH DEAL
Ranked #29 of 471 Hotels in Marrakech
North Yorkshire
“Dar Najat made our holiday perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

The Riad is 5 mins walk from the main square (Djamaa El Fna) and is <100m from the nearest pickup/drop off point so in a great location. The Riad is very clean, with rooms cleaned and fresh bedding & towels provided daily. The free WiFi was also useful so my kids could keep their Facebook accounts up to date too!!!

On a couple of occasions we ate in the riad and the food was outstanding. On other days we went to places recommended by staff (they even walked with us to one restaurant which was hard to find) and all the places they recommended were excellent.

We booked a couple of trips through the riad and these were also top quality.

The staff were exceptional. Of the 4 staff that were around most of the time, 3 spoke good english and 1 spoke enough to hold a brief conversation. I would recommend being able to speak some French in and around Marrakech, but this was not needed in the Riad.

I will definitely go back to Marrakech, and the Riad Dar Najat is one of the main reasons for this.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

I realy enjoyed my times in Marrakech and expecially when I stayed at Dar Najat! Everybody there was very hospitable and I was practically a stone throw away from Djemna al Fna square. Unlike staying at normal hotels you might have a bit more luxury but that doesn't quite replace being helped by people that know Marrakech like the back of their hand! And that is what all of the staff at Dar Najat is good at. They advise you on the best places to go and point out the tourist traps so you can avoid them. Dar Najat riad is definately the place to go if you want to experience Morocco like a local.

Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

We stayed at riad Dar Najat for the most wonderful,romantic 5 nights. oh what a fantastic place..Oliver and his team made our stay relaxing and most unforgetable. nothing was trouble they really know how to make you feel at home in this magical riad.the rooms were clean and cosy and the air con was heaven sent as it was 47 degrees when were were there last week.breakfast was served on the roof terrace whenever you woke up which was lovely. Do not miss their cous cous royal and the tasty chicken tagine.
the location is fab 5 minutes away from the intense market. if you are looking for value for money in a clean,friendly,romantic riad then look no further this place is a real gem in the middle of the medina, the decor is superb and the nights up on the terrace sipping wine were romantic and magical. they also play world music selection which adds to the whole atmosphere of fun and relaxation..i recommend this place...you will love it!! thank you Oliver and the gang we will see you next year. Madame Swan

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
North Yorkshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

This was our first trip to Marrakech and I could not have picked a better place to stay. Even before we arrived, Oliver made me feel welcome with his emails -organising our day trips and arranging to pick us up from the airport.
I travelled with my husband and 2 daughters (21 and 13) and we had the time of our lives. Nothing was too much for Oliver and his FANTASTIC team of staff. They all have great sense of humour and made us laugh so much. One day i fancied chips so Said (famous film star -been in Gladiator!!) went to buy potatoes just for me! My clothes were washed and ironed as well!
The food is delicious -you must try their cous cous! Also had a great chicken tagine -really nice to eat on the roof terrace after a very busy day.

The rooms were like something out of Arabian nights. We stayed in Weida and the girls in leila room -both lovely and clean. The air con is also amazing and very cold.
All rooms are cleaned each day with fresh bedding and towels. Breakfast is served whenever you wake up (1pm in the case of my teenage daughter!) on the roof terrace.

I highly recomend a trip to the Atlas Mountains -we spent a day at a Berber market and a Berber family home -what an amazing experience that was! Followed by a camel ride and a trip to the Ourika Valley. Oliver will organise this for you -our driver/ guide (Abdoul) is so nice -spoke good English and a very safe driver. We also had a lovely day with Oliver and his family at Essaouira (much cooler and less hassle to buy).

Marrakech is a different world. People so friendly -donkeys and bikes everywhere -so many beautiful places to see. We are intending to return next year but in April time as August was so hot. It was 48 degrees when we were there and it hit 51 the week before.

Oliver and staff -thank you for the holiday of a life time!!

Northallerton, North Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

My time in Marrakech and Dar Najat has been one of the best weeks ever. The Riad surpassed my expectations - it is simply stunning. There is so much to look at and the decor makes you feel like youre staying in the poshest of hotels but with the comfort of your own home. The location is also perfect, with the square only a 5 minute walk away.

The rooms remained spotless, with the ladies coming in to tidy up and change the sheets on a daily basis (but only if youre not in the room!). I must admit, i appreciated getting into a nice tucked bed everynight. The Riad is also maintained daily to its usual fantastic standard - the staff really do take pride in this place.

The food is fantastic - really fantastic. Their cous cous is most definately worth trying, and im convinced they also do the best tagines in the city. The lemon chicken tagine was AMAZING!! I also looked forward to the breakfast everyday. Such a selection of food, it really sets you up for the day.

However the most positive aspect about the Riad is the staff. If the Riad was rented as a private villa, it would no doubt be a beautiful place to stay - but the staff have really made my time here something i will always remember. I was often sat on the terrace alone with my puzzle book and the staff would come over and chat with me. They are all extremely approachable and easy to have a laugh and giggle with. I enjoyed my conversations with them and felt really welcomed. They are so helpful, and often left the Riad (without us knowing) to buy things for us that werent in the Riad. They also walked with us to show us directions and key spots and organised all our transfers and trips during our stay.

I think we are already planning to come back early next year (when i hope it will be abit cooler) and will definately stay at Dar Najat again. This place makes an already amazing place even more amazing. I love it, take me back!

Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

Loved it. Five minutes from the Square, so not so manic but with easy access to everything. The staff were really helpful, and the place really relaxing and beautiful. I would take the offer of being met at the airport as it could be a bit difficult to find the first time.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

We have just returned from Morroco where we spent four nights in Marrakech staying at the Riad Dar Najat. This Riad is gorgeous - very Morrocan with beautiful, clean rooms - liquid soap and tissues plus a bottle of water in each. Eating the ample breakfast on the top terrace was a perfect start to the day. What makes staying at this Riad so perfect is Oliver and his staff. They are just brilliant, full of good humour who go out of their way to make your stay so enjoyable. Nothing is too much trouble for them - they took us to restaurants to make sure we did not get lost and even came to a music shop to barter for CD's for us.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Riad Dar Najat? Share your experiences!