“Beautiful riad with wonderful staff and a great location!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Coolest Marrakech Deal
Ranked #28 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Glasgow
“Beautiful riad with wonderful staff and a great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

This riad is perfect to stay in as even though Marrakech is an amazing city to explore it is nice to have a break from the heat in the wonderful settings of the riad. The staff couldn't have been more helpful or friendly and you are advised about places to see and things to do and even taken to nice restaurants and the main square etc.
I have never stayed somewhere where me and my boyfriend felt so welcome, safe and relaxed.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

766 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

Everything you could want a Riad to be.. beautiful, comfortable, lovely rooms and roof terrace. Food was fantastic! Location good - very central. However, best point would have to be the staff; all so friendly and lovely and welcoming and always happy to help! The perfect place to chill out and take a break from the heat and bustle of Marrakech (the jacuzzi is appreciated with temperatures are above 40!). We were only supposed to be staying there one night but could not leave and ended up staying four! Thanks to Olivier and the other staff for really making out time in Marrakech amazing. :)

lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

a fantastic experience for my first time in morroco made all the more special by the wonderful hospitality shown to us by oliviers saeedand crew.extremely laid back riad which we seriously didnt want to leave.made many new friends of differing nationalities and had many a laugh

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

This Riad was everything we had wanted and hoped for. Marrakech is a wonderful place but can be a little overwhelming, and Dar Najat was exactly what was needed, a respite from all the hustle bustle, with friendly staff, delicious food and beautifully crafted rooms. The orange juice and tortoises were the icing on the cake.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

If you are looking for a special first time Marrakech experience you must stay at Dar Najat. Oliver and the team are incredibly friendly and hospitable, nothing is too much trouble.

The riad is extremely relaxed and fresh orange juice and mint tea is available at all times on the terrace. The recommendations Oliver made to us were always insightful and incredibly suitable for us and we are quite specific.

The Riad is extremely central and close to the main square. Once you have been shown the route by one of the amazing staff you will feel comfortable at all hours of the day.

We have been all around the world and stayed in many places, but Dar Narjat is certainly one of the friendliest.

If we return to Marrakech there is no doubt we will be booking a room at Dar Narjat again, the kindness of the staff made our trip! Thank you Oliver and team!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Sofia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

Dar Najat is a great place to stay in Marrakech. I had a marvelous time there and it was a pleasure to spent time with the people of Dar Najat. This is the place if you want to even become friends with the staff who will do everything that you feel great and relaxed. The place in reality is better than on the pictures and the staff is making you feel even better than at home! The rooms are nicely decorated in Moroccan style, very comfortable with everything you need for a nice vacation in Marrakech. The riad is very close to Jemaa El Fna square, 5 minutes walk. The terrace is a great place to spend time relaxing listening to fine music during the hot afternoon or cool night. The riad offers lunch or dinner if requested and the meals are very delicious. I'm very happy that I've chosen Dar Najat for my stay in Marrakech and I hope that I'll be able to come back soon and spent quality time with my new friends!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

I have to preface this whole review by saying that I found myself in Morocco under some difficult circumstances. Somehow though the stars aligned for helpful people to fall into my lap. For that I am thankful.

Now to Dar Najat! I booked Dar Najat as a result of the reviews I had read on tripadvisor. I also appreciated Dar Najat`s website and the quick responses I had gotten from the owner, Olivier. So, I booked it. Here you go:

1) The riad is EXACTLY like what you see online and in the pictures of the guest reviews on tripadvisor. In fact, it`s better. It`s cozy, authentic, and beautiful. Rarely do I say that a place exceeds my expectation. Dar Najat definitely exceeded my expectations. It was clean; it was clean; it was clean. This you will definitely appreciate in Morocco.

2) The staff is extremely helpful. Olivier goes out of his way to get to you know you. With that said, it`s not oppressive. Olivier doesn`t get in your business. He just lets you know that he is there for you in event that you have questions or need something. Amine and/or Zaid are at the riad at all times. They will lead you through the medina. They will bring you something to drink. They will basically help you with whatever may present itself. This is a big help.

3) The breakfast is good. They also prepare a couscous dinner for guests who so desire. The cost for me alone was 250 diram (about $31). Just keep that in mind. It was, however, excellent. The portion was HUGE. And everything was fresh and delicious.

4) Now to the taxi situation. The staff at Dar Najat will arrange taxis for you. This, however, does come at a much greater expense (every time I got in one of the taxis used by Dar Najat it was a standard fare of 100 diram (about $12). This is exorbitant for Moroccan standards. With that said though, these drivers are a known commodity. They are nice and professional. Just know that there are other options. You just need to be adventurous and confident in your negotiating skills or have a Moroccan friend with you, as I did most of my stay.

5) Olivier's mother! I could not write this without mentioning what a lovely and completely random day I spent with Olivier's mother and wife in a water park in Marrakech. It's a long story, but to keep it brief, I will never forget Claudine as long as I live. We spent the whole day discussing life, choices, and dreams. It was almost magical, especially at a moment when I was coming to grips with my father's passing.

There you go! Don't hesitate to contact me with questions. I feel confident in saying that you will not be disappointed with Dar Najat. It was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Dar Najat? Share your experiences!