“Fantastic experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Dar Najat

You added Riad Dar Najat to your Saves list
Riad Dar Najat
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Derb Lalla Chacha 18 | Douar Graoua, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Offers & Announcements
COOLEST MARRAKECH DEAL
Ranked #30 of 471 Hotels in Marrakech
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Just returned from a 4 day trip to Marrakech and can't recommend this riad highly enough. Geniune, warm, friendly and very helpful staff. Upon arrival I received a briefing on what to do/where to go etc in Marrakech, followed by being brought to the main square (Jemaa El Fna) - a short distance away - through a couple of charming streets. The staff were only too happy to arrange anything I needed - taxi/excursion/Hammam (Turkish bath & massage). Not only arranged, but took me to and collected me from the Hammam - all for no charge.
Room/building/terrace - all beautifully decorated in traditional Moroccon style. Food was another great positive - delicious and LARGE portions!
Truely enjoyed spending time with these people in a fabulous location.
To the ladies & gents of Dar Najat - hats off to you all - thanks for a great holiday!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I have just returned from 3 nights at Dar Najat and both agree that it is the best all round hotel that we have ever stayed in!

We booked our airport transfer through the Riad in advance which was so easy & hassle free, would definitely recommend doing this. Upon arrival at the Riad we had Moroccan tea and a beer on the roof terrace and were shown on a map the top places to see and things to do by Oliver. This was a lovely touch and we felt very welcome and at home.

Gorgeous rooms and decor throughout the Riad, service was impeccable, breakfast amazing and fresh every morning, nothing was ever too much to ask of anyone.

Location was a huge bonus, almost everything was in easy walking distance and when you arrive someone from the Riad will walk with you to the main square and show you the best route to take/which signs to follow, very easy once you've done it once and we never got lost during our stay. Also felt very safe walking around outside the Riad, it appears to be in a very safe area.

Honestly have nothing negative to say about our time at Dar Najat - we would highly recommend it to anyone and everyone!

Thanks again to Oliver & team for such a wonderful time x

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I cannot say enough positives about Dar Najat.

My partner and I are currently staying at the Riad and have just extended our stay as a result of the excellent service.

We arrived in Marrakech and immediately fell ill with the flu. The staff looked after us; went to the store to purchase Sprite when the kitchen didn't have any on hand; and made us breakfast when we would finally exit our room at 2 in the afternoon.

Oli and his staff have been communicative, friendly and welcoming from booking to end. It feels like a friendly little community in a land far from home. I doubt I've ever had close to this level of service from any hotel.

The hotel itself is gorgeous! After we recovered from being sick, we found ourselves just enjoying the sun and the relaxing music and atmosphere on the rooftop.

The food is absolutely amazing! Breakfast each morning is a feast.

I could not rate any more highly! If you are in Marrakech, book at Riad Dar Najat. You will love it!

• Stayed December 2013
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

This is my first ever review on a travel site, for what that's worth. A friend and I spent 3 wonderful days at the end of November at Dar Najat, and I will enthusiastically say that Oliver and his team are the friendliest hosts I have ever encountered traveling. They are helpful and funny in such a way that makes them feel like old friends. The riad itself is also very clean and comfortable, probably a nicer example of the courtyard-style riads in central Marrakech. The location is a convenient walk down an engaging but not too crowded street right to Jamaa El-Fna square, and the souks as well. I should also say the dinner we had there was outstanding, one of the best meals I had in Morocco, and the breakfasts each day were delightful as well. I would gladly stay here again on future trips to Marrakech, and for that matter Essaouira as well, where Oliver has another riad. And I give it my hearty recommendation!

Room Tip: I actually stayed in upstairs and downstairs rooms, and both were excellent. Upstairs was a bit mor...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Kristiansand, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have never felt so safe, welcome, at ease and comfortable being away from home before visiting the Riad Dar Najat. I want to recommend this place to everyone going to Marrakech, with friends family or on your own. It doesnt only have nice tidy rooms, central location, great breakfast and comfortable beds, its also a nice place to hang out during the evening, cuddling up in a sofa drinking wine, snacking olives: A perfect ending of a hectic and exciting day in the big city of Marrakech. At the same time we never got disturbed by any noise the few days we decided to go to bed early. I regret we never tried the restaurant, but ... next time I will! When we wanted help we got it and when we needed to make some changes with the breakfast, it was the least problem. Everyone at Dar Najat really did everything they could to make our stay perfect. If... I mean when I come back to Marrakech the choice of where to stay would be simple. Thank you Said, Mido, Momo and the always smiling Sakina and Bouleta -and of course Olivier.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Just come back last night from a fabulous 4 night stay at Riad Dar Najat they deserve an extra star!

Everyone at the Riad are so welcoming, helpful and informative. Olivier, his wife, Momou and the rest of the staff are only too pleased to do anything to help your stay at Dar Najat and Marrakech go as smoothly as possible.

Even before booking Olivier was very prompt and professional responding to some queries I had.

Dar Najat is absolutely beautiful and very thoughtfully decorated in North African decor. It was nice to get back there and enjoy time relaxing in peace away from the hectic streets of Marrakech.

I would strongly advise if offered airport transfers to accept, it just took the hassle out arriving (not every driver knows every single Riad) and also we gladly accepted the offer to show us how to get the main square and back (something which could be a little daunting if just arrived, but once they show you it is really easy!)

Oliver also recommended a few places to visit, restaurants worth visiting and a few wise tips. Which were great recommendations.

Thank you Olivier and all at Riad Dar Najat and we hope to return at some point next year!

• Stayed November 2013
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

The Dar Najat Riad is quite nice and has a central location. After booking the property I setup a cab to pick me up at the airport because it was my 1st time in Marrakech and figured it might be worth it. It definitely was, I would have never found the place. The taxi took me within about 2 blocks of the Riad and then from there is was walking only. They said that it would be prepaid but the driver was not aware of this ... he called the building and sorted everything out as I did not have any cash yet (a note I would suggest getting cash at the airport as ATM are a bit more difficult to find than some cities).

My arrival was late and checkin was just someone to show me to the room.

The next day we sorted out the paperwork with I think the owner.

The roof deck was perfect, fresh juice, beers, whatever you could want. I did not really take advantage of the meals up there but others staying they said they were quite good.

The room itself was a good size, nice bed, and a sitting area with local decoration. The A/C was strong and cool. The only downsides I can think of were a slow internet connection and a tight bathroom.

The property was well maintained and the location, just 5 minutes walk from the main square was a highlight. Almost all the sites that you want to see can easily reached by foot which is a good thing as there is not much public transport and within the walled city few cabs either.

Room Tip: There are several different rooms, each with a different name so make sure you have a look to see wh...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Riad Dar Najat? Share your experiences!