“Friendliest hosts and convenient comfort” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Coolest Summer Deal
Ranked #25 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
Brooklyn, New York
“Friendliest hosts and convenient comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

This is my first ever review on a travel site, for what that's worth. A friend and I spent 3 wonderful days at the end of November at Dar Najat, and I will enthusiastically say that Oliver and his team are the friendliest hosts I have ever encountered traveling. They are helpful and funny in such a way that makes them feel like old friends. The riad itself is also very clean and comfortable, probably a nicer example of the courtyard-style riads in central Marrakech. The location is a convenient walk down an engaging but not too crowded street right to Jamaa El-Fna square, and the souks as well. I should also say the dinner we had there was outstanding, one of the best meals I had in Morocco, and the breakfasts each day were delightful as well. I would gladly stay here again on future trips to Marrakech, and for that matter Essaouira as well, where Oliver has another riad. And I give it my hearty recommendation!

Room Tip: I actually stayed in upstairs and downstairs rooms, and both were excellent. Upstairs was a bit mor...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

765 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Kristiansand, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have never felt so safe, welcome, at ease and comfortable being away from home before visiting the Riad Dar Najat. I want to recommend this place to everyone going to Marrakech, with friends family or on your own. It doesnt only have nice tidy rooms, central location, great breakfast and comfortable beds, its also a nice place to hang out during the evening, cuddling up in a sofa drinking wine, snacking olives: A perfect ending of a hectic and exciting day in the big city of Marrakech. At the same time we never got disturbed by any noise the few days we decided to go to bed early. I regret we never tried the restaurant, but ... next time I will! When we wanted help we got it and when we needed to make some changes with the breakfast, it was the least problem. Everyone at Dar Najat really did everything they could to make our stay perfect. If... I mean when I come back to Marrakech the choice of where to stay would be simple. Thank you Said, Mido, Momo and the always smiling Sakina and Bouleta -and of course Olivier.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Just come back last night from a fabulous 4 night stay at Riad Dar Najat they deserve an extra star!

Everyone at the Riad are so welcoming, helpful and informative. Olivier, his wife, Momou and the rest of the staff are only too pleased to do anything to help your stay at Dar Najat and Marrakech go as smoothly as possible.

Even before booking Olivier was very prompt and professional responding to some queries I had.

Dar Najat is absolutely beautiful and very thoughtfully decorated in North African decor. It was nice to get back there and enjoy time relaxing in peace away from the hectic streets of Marrakech.

I would strongly advise if offered airport transfers to accept, it just took the hassle out arriving (not every driver knows every single Riad) and also we gladly accepted the offer to show us how to get the main square and back (something which could be a little daunting if just arrived, but once they show you it is really easy!)

Oliver also recommended a few places to visit, restaurants worth visiting and a few wise tips. Which were great recommendations.

Thank you Olivier and all at Riad Dar Najat and we hope to return at some point next year!

• Stayed November 2013
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

The Dar Najat Riad is quite nice and has a central location. After booking the property I setup a cab to pick me up at the airport because it was my 1st time in Marrakech and figured it might be worth it. It definitely was, I would have never found the place. The taxi took me within about 2 blocks of the Riad and then from there is was walking only. They said that it would be prepaid but the driver was not aware of this ... he called the building and sorted everything out as I did not have any cash yet (a note I would suggest getting cash at the airport as ATM are a bit more difficult to find than some cities).

My arrival was late and checkin was just someone to show me to the room.

The next day we sorted out the paperwork with I think the owner.

The roof deck was perfect, fresh juice, beers, whatever you could want. I did not really take advantage of the meals up there but others staying they said they were quite good.

The room itself was a good size, nice bed, and a sitting area with local decoration. The A/C was strong and cool. The only downsides I can think of were a slow internet connection and a tight bathroom.

The property was well maintained and the location, just 5 minutes walk from the main square was a highlight. Almost all the sites that you want to see can easily reached by foot which is a good thing as there is not much public transport and within the walled city few cabs either.

Room Tip: There are several different rooms, each with a different name so make sure you have a look to see wh...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Bordeaux, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We ended up making a last minute booking here after the riad we'd originally booked fell through just two weeks before our trip, and we're so glad we came to this place! From the moment you arrive you are made to feel so welcome, and the hospitality and friendliness of the staff puts you at ease straight away and really made our trip special and memorable. The decor is beautiful and the roof terrace a perfect place to relax with a beer or delicious mint tea away from the mad hustle and bustle of the city! The location is perfect, just a few minutes walk from the main square yet on a quiet street... Though you might hear the locals calling out as they come through with their donkeys in the morning, all part of the Marrakesh experience! Breakfast was delicious and plentiful, and we also enjoyed an evening meal at the riad one night which was one of the best meals we had on our trip. If you're looking for a spacious, luxurious bathroom you'll be disappointed but the shower was good and hot and the towels always clean, what more do you need?! All in all we would thoroughly recommend Dar Najat to anyone looking for honest, traditional and charming Moroccan hospitality in a beautiful setting.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
toulouse
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Rooms are small and compact bathrooms with knee scraping toilets. But very friendly staff always ready to advise. Good breakfasts with flowing coffee. Dinner is better had at a nearby restaurant. Hotel's location is very good. Some external music echoed through our bedroom until midnight during our stay. A bit annoying.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RiadDarNajat, Owner at Riad Dar Najat, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Hi there!
First, thanks for your comment regarding the staff.
A part of it...if I have a good memory. .our guest was very tall indeed. . more than two meters and sorry ..if the dimensions of Morocco's houses we're not convenient for him..
Regarding the gastronomy..at the opposite of a huge majority of our guests too , didn't seem to live his expectations.
Last ..regarding the music, we had several resident guests who we're having a late dinner and again, sad if the reviewer was annoyed.
Yours,Oliver.
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights with a friend early November. We picked it purely because of the good reviews on this site and it did not disappoint! The staff are so lovely and made us feel very welcome. The food was excellent and we ate so much for breakfast each morning we didnt need to buy lunch! We had a drink on the terrace every night and enjoyed the views and the stars. We thought the rooms were great and the whole place is the perfect mix of tradition and luxury. Oliver arranged our trip to the Atlas Mountains and even sorted out our bus ticket and accomodation in Essouira. The hospitality at Dar Najat made our holiday very relaxing as we felt they had everything covered, even taking us to the main square on our first day to ensure we didnt get lost! Cannot recommend this place enough. Thanks Oliver!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Dar Najat? Share your experiences!