“If I win the lottery I am buying this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
COOLEST MARRAKECH DEAL
Ranked #20 of 463 Hotels in Marrakech
Reading, United Kingdom
“If I win the lottery I am buying this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

From being picked up from the airport and having our bags taken to the car we were made to feel special. Upon arrival to the Riad we were a little nervous when we appeared to be in the middle of nowhere exactly! Then two smiling faces came out to take our bags, give us a warm welcome and lead us down an alley... This is standard for Morocco so don't panic! We were led into a beautifully laid out Riad with roof terraces, great decoration and a well appointed and clean room. A hot tub on the first open floor is a great way to unwind and relax. And relaxing is what Dar Najat is about, nothing is too much trouble for the staff here, friendly, funny and helpful - we really didn't want to leave. Food is excellent, and well worth trying. Breakfast is just perfect and included as is the wi-fi (3G isn't about in Morocco so check your emails and Facebook at the Riad!) and chilling in the peaceful surrounds of the roof terrace having a laugh and a cold drink with the staff is brilliant.

We were told that "this was our home" and it felt like it - nothing was too much trouble, from advising us on shopping, to arranging a driver and even finding us a few beers in the middle of the day during Ramadan (surely not easy!). The room was clean, housekeeping was spot on and daily and all the staff were exceptional. They even walked us to a few spots around town to help us get orientated and we were certainly gutted that our short stay came to an end. Would we go back - one million per cent yes, I can't think of anywhere else in Marrakech I would even think about.

Marrakech itself wasn't quite as expected, although it was 40+ degrees and Ramadan so a bit quieter than usual. There are some parks, museums and palaces to see but really this place is about the souks, market and watching the world pass by. The souk can be over powering and getting lost is far too easy, and everyone has advice or knows the best way to the main square, always via their stall... Being able to say no and move on is a skill, but with narrow streets it is easy to get lost and hard to navigate so beware, and Google maps won't help! The square at night is bustling with life, and police as well as undercover police so don't panic, you are safe - any trouble just say "police" loudly and people back off as tourists are the lifeblood and the police will protect the revenue...

Our trip was for 3 nights and a total pleasure... Two final tips... 1: on the way home you can't take more than 1000 dirhams out of the country and the duty free store after passport control does NOT take dirhams (!!!) and 2: stay at Dar Najat - you will not regret it!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Hello there! I’d like everyone who reads this to know that the Riad Dar Najat can be part of your great travel experience… "your home away from home", as we were told upon arrival at this fantastic hotel, and oh how true that is!

My sister and I had the joy of staying in this comfortable oasis, nestled in a sea of activity, for some 5 days and nights and we’d not stay anywhere else were we to return to Marrakesh. From being picked up at the airport, to the warm greeting we received at the hotel, to getting to know everyone, it was delightful.

Sleeping rooms opened onto communal courtyards and you felt comfortable enough to leave your door open as you relaxed and chatted if you arrived back ‘home’ before other weary adventurers. One evening, under a starry sky, we sat upstairs sharing stories and photos with 2 other lovely guests from Berlin until the wee hours. There’s also a computer guests have access to.

I first met Oliver, the proprietor, when I got ink all over my hand from a leaky pen while journaling our adventures. He actually got special soap and a towel and helped me clean-up at the outside restaurant sink. It wasn’t until a day later that I discovered that he was more than another attentive staff person!

The lovely young ladies who kept the rooms were neat, clean, quiet, and helpful. Whatever you needed was no further off than a request. All other staff members were equally nice. One even assisted us with our shopping one evening when it got down to the wire and we needed a few specific gifts.

The kitchen was a dream! I hate vegetables and the Dar Najat kitchen made the veggies so appetizing I could’ve eaten them for months… without meat, although the tagine stews were definitely memorable. There was always lots of tasty food available (breakfast was filing and pretty)and to know that everything from the kitchen is clean and safe was well worth every dirham.

Everyone at Dar Najat was so accommodating. Customer service was truly the order of the day. For an example we made a purchase at a “fixed-price” store and had insufficient money converted to pay for everything. The store was closing in about 1 ½ hours; we were departing the next day; and saw no way to get to Dar Najat, exchange more money, AND return to the store before closing. We rushed back to the Riad, explained the situation to Oliver who then took everything into his capable hands, and with money we exchanged, he had one of his Super Staff retrieve the items for us with a few minutes to spare. The items that were held were all correct and I’d had little faith that I’d ever see those souvenirs again! I should’ve known better.

There is a ton more I could relay but I know folks don’t want to read a mini-book; they want to get to travelling! Suffice to say, the Riad Dar Najat and it’s wonderful staff made our entire trip more exciting and fun. With their knowledge, direction, and willingness to make our stay ~ soon to be YOUR stay ~ The Best Ever, we had a blast!! Enjoy and pass on the love. : )
Sherrill (Dallas & New Orleans, U.S.A.)

Room Tip: With rooms on the fist floor you may experience some foot traffic with guests entering and leaving...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Absolutely wonderful experience - staff went above and beyond to take care of us. Great rooms, food was delicious, excellent location, great value. I went with a friend in 2010 and both of us have returned. Made a faraway place feel like home.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Roosendaal, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

My friend and I stayed in this riad when it was 48 degrees in Marrakech. We can recommand this riad for sure. The staff is very friendly and provided us with drinks each time they saw us. Because of the enormous heat this was highly appreciated. Non alcoholic drinks are for free, that's the strategy of the owner of this riad. He even gave as a free lunch. We had the pleasure of being part of a typical Morrocan birhtday party, complete with wonderful music and dances. The riad looks great, it has an African touch and has a jacuzzi.

Kind regards, Tamara&Vivian (The Netherlands, July 2012)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We chose Dar Najat because it is in the heart of the Medina, five minutes from the famous Jemaa el Fna. We arrived late, tired, and travel worn and crossed through the nondescript doorway into an amazing oasis of beauty, warmth, and hospitality. We were not greeted as guests but as long lost friends. There was no check in hassle, but instead we were immediately shown our room to freshen up and relax. When we were ready we were given a tour of the multilevel riad surrounding a courtyard and decorated with rich woods, beautiful African craftwork, tile, and lush plantlife. There are likely 25 pictures we took of the interior alone. We ended at the rooftop patio with views of the Medina and the most famous Marrakech Mosque, the Koutoubia. As we relaxed with our choice of drink (which includes wine and beer options), Momo graciously answered all our questions and then left us to relax peacefully. It was late but we were not rushed for the dinner we had paid for with our reservation. When we did go down to eat, the dinner was the best food we had in our time in Marrakech. Breakfast and our first mint tea was amazing. Rooms were clean and comfortable. If you want to be treated like a reservation number in a sterile hotel from some multinational hotel chain, this is not the place for you. If you want to be treated with smiles, warmth, and concern by every single employee and feel like you truly visited the heart and soul of Marrakech, you can not do better than Dar Najat.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
North Yorkshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is my 2nd visit to Marrakech now -and after my brilliant experience of Dar Najat I had to return.
The riad had been renovated since our last holiday 3 year ago -now with added roof terrace with sun loungers. What a difference! After a hard day of shopping and exploring the city, relaxing under the stars was truly memorable.

Our room (Widad) was clean -beautifully decorated and the air con was brilliant. We had the room that looked into the courtyard and I loved to sit in the morning whilst my husband slept (I wake early!) watching the World go by. I got to recognise the same local faces each day going about their business.
Sheets towels and bedding changed every day whilst we were out. Staff will also do your washing and ironing for a small charge (no irons in room).

Breakfast was the best ever. Selection of pancakes, eggs, breads, fruit coffee and the gorgeous fresh orange juice. They will make this whatever time you wake as well.

Oliver was his usual charming funny self -brilliant man with a heart of gold. He has become a really good friend since our last visit -he even made my husband a birthday cake (amazing!) which was presented to him on arrival.

Free transfers to and from airport are included and staff help with the suitcases -nothing is enough trouble. Although we did not take up the offer of trips this time as we wanted to do our own thing -staff will arrange trips for you and will show you around if needed. We did take up the offer of a Hammam and Spa though -well recommended. (Medina spa).

Night time at the riad is very special once the many coloured lanterns are lit. The jacuzzi is an added extra and was so lovely just sitting with my feet in the water!

We will definitely return -Dar Najat feels like home now and I am so sad to be back in rainy England. Thank you Oliver and your fantastic team of staff.

Room Tip: Widad has the court yard view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I had the best experience at the Riad Da Najat - i did not have the chance of meeting Oliver the owner of the Riad (who is a great man) but his staff were soooo wonderful and caring - Amine was my best friend on this trip - smashing personality and escorted me everywhere, showed me the best parts of Marrakesh and i had my first experience of riding on a mo ped- very exciting for me. Mahmood was great also - fun guy with so many interesting topics to share while i was around. He was definitely great company.

Aisha is a great cook - food at the Riad was rich and enticing- portions large and satisfying. She is a lovely person as well as humble and fun to be around,and a second lady though I cannot remember her name.

Guests at the Riad were all like family - was comforting!

The Riad itself was mesmerising - it is not in the busiest part of town but it is so perfect, they call it the old town- quiet and breathtakingly traditional. I will go again not just for the great Riad but for the beautiful staff i was blessed to meet.

Oliver was a hand whenever i called him, i felt he was right beside me. He also assisted my daughter and I with chamging our booking after British Airways cancelled our flight. So we owe Oliver alot.

We return soon to see you all!!!!!

Love Pauline

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Riad Dar Najat? Share your experiences!