We picked this Riad out after extensive research and it worked out fine. The best thing about this Riad was its location - just a few minutes from El Jamaa square. Also they had a great roof area for sunbathing and rooftop viewing, and a plunge pool at ground level. And it's lovely inside. Plus the staff are really helpful and friendly. Our room was absolutely fine; it was a bit dark due to the nature of a Riad (no outside windows) but was large and the bed was super comfy. I have to say that I was not quite appreciative of the Riad features - one significant one is that noise travels all around the courtyard due to the way they are set up so it can be quite noisy if people are talking in the central area late at night although this was not a major problem. We did not eat here in the evening here so cannot comment on the food really, but I thought breakfast was somewhat limited and a bit boring after a few days.
Note that the directions (from Jemaa el Fna) to the Riad on the website (www.riadlesbougainvilliers.com) are very good - although you need to translate from simple French - fairly easy online. We made our own way to the square and found the Riad quite easily once we had our bearings. What you have to do is find the Cafe Toukbal for the start of the directions - it's to the right of all the rooftop restaurants. And don't expect la rue Riad Zitoun El Kdim through the arch to be a road - it's just a narrow walkway, like a lot of the 'streets' in the medina. So just get a taxi to the square, and it's a few hundred yards from the arch and fairly easy to find with the directions.
At the end of our stay we thought it was a good choice to stay at this Riad, although to be fair we had nothing to compare it with being our first trip. Not sure we would come back to Marrakech; we were somewhat disenchanted by all the people here trying to extract money from you, often on the pretence of being helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marrakesh 4-star Riad les Bougainvilliers, located in Riad Zitoune Lakdim, only five minutes away from the Djemaa el Fna square, offers a special holiday in Morocco, in one of the country's most enchanting cities, rich in souks, narrow streets, palaces, mosques, handicraft and Islamic Art Museums. Passed the Riad's entrance you will be fascinated by a patio hosting a flowered garden with banana and palm trees. A second patio hosts the swimming pool, while the indoor lounge and the terrace offer the ideal atmosphere to read a book and relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, HostelBookers, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Riad Les Bougainvilliers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Les Bougainvilliers Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Les Bougainvilliers Marrakech