Me and my family had book a very long stay at the Riad el Noujoum. It's tucked away from the hussle and bussle of the neighboring Kasbah. But a thirty second walk brings you straight into the chaos of it all.
The Riad is very nice. But after a few days, you start to see the not so nice things about it. When we stayed, the Jacuzzi on the roof top had mold all over it. The upstairs lounge area is very dirty and dusty...
Our friend had booked a room with confirmation, but Ahmed had gotten a better offer, so without warming our friend had his room cancelled the day he was going to check in. Ahmed was rude and unaccomodating with this situation.
A few days prior to checking out, I had paid Ahmed for two weeks accommodation in cash. The day before departing, he tried to charge me for two days extra and for the washing that he had said was complimentary. He overcharged us for the laundry.
The day I was leaving to go to another accommodation, he was not there. I told the ladies that worked there, that I would put my bags in the car and return to settle with Ahmed. At this point, they locked the doors to the Riad and DID NOT ALLOW ME TO LEAVE. They stood in the door way while my children were outside in the parked car!
Needless to say, that I have will never want to stay at the Riad El Noujoum no matter how nice because Ahmed is a horrible human being who is greedy. But this is not the norm for people in Marrakech. Marrakech people are genuinly kind and respectful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Riad El Mansour Luxury Marrakech Riad providing Hotel Accommodation in the Heart of the Medina Riad el noujoum, a boutique riad embodying Moroccan hospitality, architecture and artistry, is designed for those seeking a more intimate and personalised luxury hotel break in Marrakech, offering authenticity and originality. Refurbished to the highest specifications of comfort and style, using a palate of traditional Moroccan colours, an original mix of Moroccan and European art and furniture, making us a perfect choice for your holiday in Morocco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Riad el Noujoum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad El Noujoum Marrakech
- Riad El Noujoum Hotel Marrakech