We stayed here for four nights on our honeymoon. Before listing my problems with this place, I think it is only fair to say that the suite (which we had at a discounted price) was beautifuly decorated and, if the service in the hotel had not been diabolical, this hotel would have been value for the money we paid (i.e. at the discount). The hotel is located in a nice part of town and easy to find if you ask the shopkeepers on the Rue de la Kasbah. But here are the problems:
1. Paying - on the last night we were informed that we could not pay our bill with credit card. The owner claims that when I made the booking I was told that I had to pay in cash. I have no recolletion of this. When I arrived, a man (who I took to be the boss, but was later informed was not the boss) told me I could pay by cash and so I assumed it was ok. As a result of this, it came as a surprise when I was told that I had to pay in cash. I had to walk around Marrakech at 11pm for half an hour to withdraw the cash from a cash machine and then carry all this cash back to the hotel - not a nice experience in any city. What was particularly galling about the whole business was that no one even offered us an apology for this inconvenience.
2. Service - The key to our door broke on the first day. As such, it was not possible to look the door to the bedroom. The staff failed to fix the lock for the period of our stay. There is a safe in the room, but we couldn't put all our stuff in it. On a different note - on two of the four nights we were there we had to ask for towels in our room as they had forgotten to leave us any.
3. The pool - the pool itself is very pleasant, but you have to be brave to use it! One bedroom looks straight on to it as does the kitchen where the staff are working and chatting. You really feel like you are spoiling the party if you try and take a dip.
4. Breakfast - we stayed in eleven hotels in our time in Morocco. This was the most expensive and had the least inspiring breakfast. There was nothing wrong with what was served (some bread, jam, a crumpet, orange juice, cake(!) and coffee) but at the price we paid, you expect a little bit more.
5. Laundry - the hotel agreed to some washing (no ironing) for us. It was one normal plastic shopping bag. When we came to pay the bill, I was infomed that the wasking cost 40 Euros (which I refused to pay). The receptionist begrudingly agreed to waive this for the inconvenience of me having to troop into town to find a cash point to pay the bill.
- Also Known As:
- Riad El Noujoum Hotel
- Riad El Noujoum Marrakech
- Riad El Noujoum Hotel Marrakech
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Splendia and Priceline so you can book your Riad el Noujoum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.