As soon as we walked into this beautiful riad from the madness of the streets in Marrakech we couldn't believe how instantly the atmosphere changed from chaotic to totally peaceful.
The place is spotless and beautifully decorated and furnished in the traditional Moroccan style.
Our room was on the ground floor and was very nice but then we were upgraded on our last night to a suite on the 1st floor which was fabulous.
The staff are lovely, some do speak limited English though so a few words of French are useful. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Breakfast didn't seem to have a set time so it didn't matter if you got up early or late. We generally slept until late as the rooms were so dark at night.
Beers were cheaper in the riad than anywhere we found that sold them elsewhere (220 dirhams as opposed to 600). There are only a few places selling alcohol in the medina so its a good idea to buy some on the plane, especially as a lot of the rooms have a fridge.
We were told a couple of days before we left that we would need to pay our bill in cash but we were given plenty of notice about it and paid on our last night.
On our last day there was a bit of a mix up with our transfer to the airport but the staff sorted it out very quickly and the riad owner gave us a lift there straight away.
We had a hammam session there which left our skin lovely and smooth, and the plunge pool was very refreshing. Unfortunately the hot tub was out of action, not sure why but it might be worth checking if this is important to you.
Overall we found this a very relaxing and good value stay and would certainly return here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Riad El Mansour Luxury Marrakech Riad providing Hotel Accommodation in the Heart of the Medina Riad el noujoum, a boutique riad embodying Moroccan hospitality, architecture and artistry, is designed for those seeking a more intimate and personalised luxury hotel break in Marrakech, offering authenticity and originality. Refurbished to the highest specifications of comfort and style, using a palate of traditional Moroccan colours, an original mix of Moroccan and European art and furniture, making us a perfect choice for your holiday in Morocco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Priceline, Despegar.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Riad el Noujoum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad El Noujoum Marrakech
- Riad El Noujoum Hotel Marrakech