“Dar One - highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #18 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Dar One - highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed in Dar One and their sister Riad, Dar White in January 2012. Staff were really attentive and helpful - they were pleased to assist when organising day trips and excursions.
The rooms were small and cosy, very clean and bathrooms in particular are very luxurious.
The Riad is located hidden away down some dark alleyways, which some may find intimidating, however we never encountered any issues.
Loved Marrakech and loved Dar One / White - would definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

643 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Korean first
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We just returned from three nights at Dar One. It is an oasis in the Medina, and I can't say enough good things about the Riad and its staff. First, the Riad is impeccably decorated and both stylish and comfortable. Second, Jean, the owner, and all of his staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and look after you as if you were their own houseguest. We ate dinner on the terrace one night, and the tagine and spread of morrocan salads were delicious. The highlight of our trip was an excursion to the Atlas Mountains arranged by Jean. Hassan, the Berber guide used by the Riad, took us on a hike through several Berber villages with a stop for lunch in a local home along the way. We saw virtually no tourists, and Hassan was an incredible companion for the day, teaching us about the local customs and language and sharing stories about his life. It was a unique and unforgettable experience.
I highly recommend Dar One and look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This place was amazing, I am smiling as I write this, as I can only describe my trip as the time of my life.
It was my sisters hen weekend and our visit was for 4 days, I cannot fault the Riad Dar One , the staff were so friendly and helpful , all very welcoming and went above and beyond to make the trip so good.
Every room was just wonderful, the roof terrace was amazing and the whole Riad was immaculate and clean.
There were 11 of us so we had the whole Riad and it was jusr perfect.
I would highly recommend this place to anybody, just perfect.
Thank you so so much to every member of staff. :)

Room Tip: All rooms were beautiful
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have just come back from a Hen Party staying at Riad Dar One. What an amzing time we had thanks to Jean PERES and his team. The service provided was second to none I really can not find one thing to fault. The food was excellent the Riad was perfect and don't get me started on the bathroom I didn't want to leave it.. The trips they arranged for us enabled us to experiance things we would never have done otherwise. The Riad is well placed to visit the Medina and the Souk. This was a holiday I will never forget and I can not thank Jean and his team enough for making it all happen. I truly hope I can go back one day as the 4 days we had were not enough.

Room Tip: All the rooms were beautiful, cool and quite.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My friends and I have just returned from a 4 day trip in Marrakech, for my hen do. We stayed in Riad Dar One, and had the time of our lives!!

We were so well looked after that we barely had to think for ourselves. The riad is absolutely gorgeous, such a well restored place. As there were 11 of us, Jean organised transport from the airport and when we arrived in the Medina, we were met by one of his staff, who escorted us, the very short walk, to the riad. And this set the tone for the whole holiday. Jean and his staff are only too happy to organise any bookings etc that you want. And poor Ismael had the horrendous task of accompanying all 11 of us on a shopping trip of the souks!!! Which he did brilliantly. The food at the riad is AMAZING, so please, if you are intending to stay, do make the time to have a meal cooked for you there. It really was the best food we had in Marrakech during our stay, and believe me it was fantastic value for money. We paid much more nearly everywhere we went and the food was nowhere near as good!! The location of the riad is the best. As it's right next to the Bahia Palace, if you get lost, you can always ask directions back to the palace to get home again. Right in the thick of things.

Please also, do not be put off by people saying you can not buy alcohol and that you have to cover up, and that its not safe for women on their own. This really could not be further from the truth. As I've already said, there were 11 of us, and we walked around the medina day and night, without getting a second glance. People were happy to help when we were lost, we wore shorts/vest tops/t shirts during the day and you can certainly buy alcohol (Kosy bar)!!!

I really cant recommend Jean Perez and his staff enough (he also has another riad, Dar White) which was also well located in the medina, although we didn't stay there, we did walk past it.

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING. Please if youre going, don't use one of the big hotels in the new town. The only way to experience Marrakech is to stay in the medina. Also ask them to organize your trip to the Atlas Mountains (WEAR TRAINERS) it was fantastic!!

I really could drivel on for ages, but go and experience for yourself, you will absolutely not be disappointed! If they can keep 11 ladies happy, they must be doing something right!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Room Tip: The best room is Scirroco as it's on the top, but all the rooms are beautiful and such comfortab...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My partner and I stayed at riad dar one for 1 week in August and would highly recommend staying here! We stayed in the sirocco suite which was beautiful and the private balcony was a lovely touch. The food was amazing and the staff would do anything to help. Jean provides you with a map at the beginning of the stay which had some great restaurant recommendations and sight seeing ideas! We chose to do to the cooking course which was amazing! We started the day in the medinas learning about spices and ingredients, then went to jeans ranch for a cooking course and then a relax by the pool! One thing we would recommend would be getting your dirhams from cash points in Marrakech. We got ours from the airport and the exchange rate wasn't great. Perfect stay can't wait to come back

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This Riad is the place to stay in Marrakech, in the heart of the old Medina it is a calm oasis to come back to after a hard days trekking through the streets of Marrakech. Service is excellent, there is a very nice plunge pool inside which you are allowed to swim in, the rooftop area is very cool also, Jean adds a personal touch to the entire experience. We took the cooking class and went out to Jeans personal ranch where we cooked a tradition lamb tagine, all the staff wee friendly. The Riad decor is of high quality and cannot fault anything. Marrakech is a very different experience especially those not used to its culture however this review is for the Riad and not the city of Marrkech. 5 stars all around. Highly reccommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Dar One? Share your experiences!