We stayed here the weekend of the 19th April. After arriving at the rhiad around 8:30 we were told by Hassan there was no food being served. As we hadn't eaten since 1pm we were starving so ventured out into the maze of the medina to find a restuarant. This was a big mistake. As 2 women travellers we were very intimidated and got lost so came back to the hotel and didn't eat till breakfast.
Very basic breakfast but very nice.
The staff were very unfriendly and we had long waits for both food & drink. The wine was awful and expensive so we only had a few beers, this was the only selection of alcohol.
Evening meal consisted of cold tinned veg but the tagine was lovely, however 20Euro's was way overpriced.
We had the bill at the end of stay and nothing was explained so again was very expensive. Overall Hassan was lovely but not in the Rhiad enough, the staff were very rude & unhelpful. The Rhiad is lovely and clean but very hard to find without arranging a taxi in advance.
Sun terrace was basic and a pool would be nice.
Wouldn't go back!!
- Also Known As:
- Riad Amira Victoria Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Amira Victoria Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stone's throw from the Marrakech Museum and the Mederasa Ben Youssef, a genuine haven of peace and quiet, Riad Amira Victoria, welcomes you in from the hustle and bustle of the souks. Indeed, a beautiful home with over 500 square meters on the ground floor the riad boasts 11 bedrooms with views on the two tree-lined patios. Original labyrinth style architecture with Moorish lines symbolizing the epitome of traditional Moroccan art. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, HostelBookers, Venere, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Riad Amira Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.