to be fair our first impressions of Marrakech weren't positive having to trek to the Riad from the taxi drop off which is approx 200M from the Riad (suggest getting picked up by the hotel staff at the airport if possible) navigating strange streets while being approached by everything with two legs was somewhat stressful!
The Riad is situated down a side street and upon entering you find yourself in a different world full of tranquility.
Our room was on two levels with 4 beds and two bathrooms - but facing the street so the general street noise was difficult to ignore (as was the 5am call to prayer!!!) Would suggest a room facing the courtyard for real quiet. The room was spacious and comfortable. We breakfasted on the roof terrace daily which was a real treat. Breakfast was really very good with plenty to tuck into each day. A special thanks to Mustafa for trekking upstairs multiple times to serve breakfast. The staff were helpful and made our stay more pleasant
We took advantage of a trip planned to the Atlas Mountains (again this was with the help of the hotel) our guide for the day was really nice and we used him on other occasions to get from A-B
Watch out however for the scheduled stops at the Argan oil co-operatives and other attractions on the way (it seems all tours of this type have the same agenda).
A piece of advice - agree prices for extras in advance - never at the end. Overall, the trip to the mountains is a great experience
I would certainly recommend the Riad to anybody wishing to stay within the walls of the Medina.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Amira Victoria Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Amira Victoria Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stone's throw from the Marrakech Museum and the Mederasa Ben Youssef, a genuine haven of peace and quiet, Riad Amira Victoria, welcomes you in from the hustle and bustle of the souks. Indeed, a beautiful home with over 500 square meters on the ground floor the riad boasts 11 bedrooms with views on the two tree-lined patios. Original labyrinth style architecture with Moorish lines symbolizing the epitome of traditional Moroccan art. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, HostelBookers, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Escapio and Hotels.com so you can book your Riad Amira Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.