“Fantastic riad that makes you feel like at home” 5 of 5 stars

You added Riad Tizwa to your Saves list
Riad Tizwa
26 Derb Gueraba | Dar El Bacha, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #85 of 491 Hotels in Marrakech
“Fantastic riad that makes you feel like at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Finding Riad Tizwa was a bit of an accident when I was browsing the web trying to find a nice place in Marrakech with only day before the departure. Now I can say it was a stroke of luck and if one wants a quiet, welcoming place in the medina where you're invited to feel like home, this is it! It's easy to get to and 10 min walk from the main square and souks with all their madness, yet it's absolutely quiet and extremely welcoming, including breakfasts on the roof terrace and great Moroccan tea & coffee served to your room. This is thanks to the staff there - Hassan and Mohammed, which is one you'd like to have in every guesthouse, they’re amazing. They made sure everything is organised starting from airport pickup, through delivering me to the bus terminal and making sure I meet my contact with tickets there to the final printing my plane passes and making sure I'll get to the airport. In a crazy city like Marrakech, that helped a lot and made my stay there a fantastic experience.

Room Tip: All you have to do is to email the riad and ask - the staff will make sure you're getting the be...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed there at the beginning of our trip to Morocco and at the end - three wonderful days in total.
We arrived there at night and at first were a little taken aback by the little alley way leading to the riad. The entrance seems to be in something of a dead-end alley but once we stepped in, we just felt transported into another world. Everything was absolutely wonderful. We were also lucky to experience two of the rooms on the first floor. I would recommend both the largest room and the one with the poster bed.

The breakfast is incredible and the service impeccable - served anywhere at any time. Every morning we'd wake up to find a tray with freshly made coffee and tea outside our room. The staff speaks perfect English and have great manners.

I wouldn't stay anywhere else on my next trip to Marrakech.

Room Tip: The poster bed room on the first floor is probably the most remote (we could hardly fall asleep beca...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We spent a few days at Riad Twiza and had the best time ever. The staff are lovely and very helpful, we felt at home from the moment we arrived. The rooms are beautifully decorated and kept extremely clean and the attention to detail is something we very much appreciated. A little plus: we were told we could have breakfast anytime of the day, anywhere in the Riad as opposed to the usual time restrictions imposed in hotels. Enjoying a delicious and copious breakfast on the terrace has to be the nicest way to start the day before heading out to the bustling Medina.
There were no false notes to our stay and we highly recommend this place as a home away from home.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely Riad, located close to the Souks. The managers are helpful with excellent English. Great breakfasts on the roof terrace and tea and coffee delivered to your room in the morning. We stayed in Room 1, it's very spacious! Our kids stayed in a room on the same floor.
Sadly, the alley way in front of the Riad was being dug up, so we were woken at 7am with drilling for the last couple of days of our stay.
I would definitely recommend.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Well located, only 5 minutes walking from main square Jemma el Fna.
The room very clean, breakfast amazing!!!!! Daily fresh orange juice and fruit!
The help you with airport transfer, reservations, good recomendations for restaurants.
If I come back to Marrakech I will come back to Riad Tizwa.
Mohammed and Hassan are amazing!!!It feels you are at home!
Thank you very much for you kindness and help during our 5 days in Marrakech!

See you soon!

Room Tip: ask for the room on the first floor ( suite room) or the room in the terrace!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Bordeaux, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife and I had the chance to stay one week in this hotel. It's really a nice place for several reasons.

The people working there are very nice (Hassan, thank you!) and will help you feel well. When you stay at the riad, you have the feeling that you're at home.

The situation is perfect. It's located at the beginning of the souks, street dar el bacha. And it's just 15 minutes walking from Jemaa el fna. I would recomment to stay in the Mouassine district if you plan to visit Marrakech. (Riad Tizwa is at the lmit of the district)

The rooftop is great. I used to wake up early and go on the rooftop waiting for the sunrise and for the breakfeast (a great one). You only could hear the birds, it was really peacefull.

I'll conclude saying that you can't be disappointed with this place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had a thoroughly enjoyable stay at both of the Riads Tizwa - they were just lovely! The Riad Tizwa in Marrakech was comfortable, well located, had a great breakfast and our stay was made all the more memorable by Hassan. We were overwhelmed by Hassan's kindness and hospitality for our three nights in Riad Tizwa at Marrakech especially given my Mum's broken hip. Hassan couldn't have been more warm and helpful and I cannot thank him enough for all he did for us.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family