“Piece of Heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #82 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
New York City, New York
“Piece of Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Riad Tizwa is like heaven in Marrakech . The location is in the perfect spot to explore the city to see the sights, the rooms are decorated in a wonderful mix of new and traditional, the bed was king size and the linens natural and crisp. But the best part of Riad Tizwa is Hassan. He is the ultimate host. A mix of professionalism, and warmth. No request was to large. His breakfast is the best we had in all Morocco. We fell in love with him. Can,t wait to return.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

The elegance of this riad was the warm welcome of the staff after the bustling alleyways of Marrakesh. I loved starting my mornings with a tasty breakfast on the rooftop terrace. This riad has been restored with much care and good taste, and offers their guests a tranquil sanctuary. Our room was comfortable and the food is great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

My first trip to Marrakech was made very special by staying in Riad Tizwa. Perched a short walk from the main square Riad Tizwa is an oasis from the noise and bussle of the main crowds. We stayed in the most spacious room complete with original features, overlooking a quiet central courtyard. The Riad was like a private home, with access to the roof for daily served breakfast or just for lounging around. One day we bought our own local foods and cooked in the kitchen and then dined on the roof terrace under the stars ! The staff were ever helpful, polite and friendly. (The cook makes a very delicious chicken tagine served on the terrace !) What a unique place to stay. Will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for large room on first floor.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

When Hassan greeted me at 8AM with mint tea and said 'welcome, it is your home here'...I didn't know I was in for such a warm and pleasant experience. The Riad itself is traditionally restored, nicely appointed with fine linens and local crafts, plenty of plants, and a terrace that makes the heart sing! The bed in Room 4 was incredibly comfortable with fresh linens and air-conditioning. The walk-in bathroom was quite spacious with tadelakt walls and the most wonderful local soaps. It is an easy walk to the Jemaa al-fnaa although I do recommend taking a taxi upon your arrival so not to get lost the first time.

Other than the easy booking and comfortably clean space, the staff is really what makes this Riad a top choice. Every consideration is made, recommendations are solid, and Hassan especially went out of his way to make sure I arrived where I needed to be, escorting me when he thought I might get lost. He was giving with his time and as a solo traveler it was nice to share my experiences of the day when greeted back at the riad with more mint tea. Mohammed was also generous with his information and the other staff were quiet but pleasant. A hearty breakfast including fresh oj, fresh fruit salad, muesli, yoghurt, pastries, etc. is served whenever it is desired and other services like laundry are available on request.

I couldn't recommend this Riad more and my only regret was that I couldn't stay longer!

Room Tip: I loved Room 4 but I noticed the one on the ground level was absolutely gorgeous with the carved det...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Will never, EVER forget entering Riad Tizwa, it was absolutely magical...Hassan gave me the warmest welcome. On opening the front door, I was overcome by the sweetest, most incredible scents & the loveliest smile, we walked through the arches into the warm night air, sat ourselves down in the courtyard & drank refreshing mint tea surrounded by the subtle candlelight in the courtyard. Perfect & very otherworldly. Thankyou Bee brothers & the warmest, friendliest & down-to-earth staff. A fabulous welcome to Morocco!

Room Tip: Please find photographs via Facebook...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
haaksbergen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

Hello to Hassan, Mohammed and the rest of the staff,

We arrived home safely on april 21 02.30 early in the morning after a good flight.

We want to thank you for a fantastic 8 days at riad Tizwa.
First there is Hassan with his warm welcome and mint tea. The early morning tea and coffe were always there outside our door and he served the breakfast at whatever time and whatever place we wanted it. His care for the guests, the house, the plants, the curtains, cousions and everything around the house were absolutely great. Hassan you are the best host we have met in years. You are the best.
Then there is Mohammed. His smile brightens up every place and he can solve every problem, no matter how big or small it is. Keep smiling Mohammed , it made our day.
Marika, the lady that kept our room and bathroom (nr.3) clean and tidy in a very quiet way. We loved the way she intoduced herself to us saying: hello, I am Marika and I will look after your room. Good job you made.
We do not know the name of the lady in the kitchen but we do know she is a fantastic cook and she made us feel welcome too.
The arrangements we made were well taken care of, even the taxidriver was exact in time both ways from and to the airport.

We wish you a lot of guests in your lovely riad which is decorated with great care. We just love there were NO pictures on the walls, it was just right with all the white curtains and sofa's and green plants and colourfull flowers and the environment efforts you make. You surely deserve the "clef vert" for instance for the shopping baskets at the front door.. You could not have done any better we think.

Thank you very much for all the efforts you took to make our stay so nice and we will recommend you to every one going to Morrocco.
Best wishes from
Herman Langerak and Fennie Timmer.

Room Tip: room nr. 3 is magic
Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Alloa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

I stayed at the Riad Tizwa in November 2011 and it was one of the most wonderful holidays I have had. The staff are so attentive - inobtrusive, but always on hand to help with directions, ideas, price advice, a local map - and the breakfasts they serve up - genuinely, at whatever time suits the guests - from the home made yoghurt, fresh fruit and pastries - are the best start to the day. What is also lovely is the coffee or tea left at each room in the morning to help you get off to the best start a stay in the busy-ness of Marrakech requires. My friends and I had two dinners at the riad; the food was amongst the best we had in a week in Marrakech and the table setting - be it on the roof terrace or in the courtyard - was super. The rooms are all individual and the toiletries are truly different and smell gorgeous. The decor is just right and wee touches, such as fresh oranges dotted about the riad and the fragrance of roses which permeates the riad all make for a delightful stay from start to finish. As for the location, I loved being in a part of Marrakech where you are surrounded by locals - local shops, people, lots of alleys to explore - but only a short walk from Jema'a al-Fna, the local sightseeing buses, bus station, taxi stops, lovely restaurants and interesting shops and the world famous souks: it's perfect. I would recommend a stay here to anyone who wants to enjoy the oasis type calm of the riad and its staff in the heart of the city of Marrakech.

Room Tip: All rooms are highly recommendable.
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Tizwa? Share your experiences!