“wonderment.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Les Trois Palmiers El Bacha

Save Saved
You added Riad Les Trois Palmiers El Bacha to your Saves list
Riad Les Trois Palmiers El Bacha
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   36 Derb Tizougarine | Dar El Bacha, Marrakech 44000, Morocco   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #300 of 1,040 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“wonderment.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

arrived late at night and was met and escorted down a series of dark lanes a tunnels and wondered where on earth we were, on opening the door to the riad we were transported into a fantastic riad that has been totally restored by the owner patrick.
after being shown around the many leisure areas and balconies all decorated to a high standard we were taken to our room ,once again excellent standard with very comfortable beds and good quality bath room ,
breakfast is served on the balcony terrace and was extremely good,
take some time to explore and listen to the history of the riad , fascinating.
my main praise is reserved for the staff , nothing was to much trouble what ever you requested was meet with a smile and yes sir, it may be unfair to pick anybody but khalid dose deserve a special mention, he drew us maps so as we would not get lost and advised where the loclas shopped and ate so as we good get the best deals, we had a most enjoyable stay and would highly recommend this riad to other t a travellers

Room Tip: only 12 rooms all set around balcony and very quite
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

574 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Weymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is the second time at this Riad,Great hospitality and very very friendly and courteous staff especially khalid who is always happy and blessed with great and welcoming skills. The weather was fantastic and extremely hot on the terrace, and the Breakfasts were lush in the morning sun.We had one meal on the first night which was a Chicken Tagine with a nice array of Moroccan Starters.This time having done all the Cultural things we decided to have a Hammam on Monday morning which was arranged by Patrick and was amazing with full body massage and scrub @ 45 pounds, and we went Quad biking on Wednesday which was amazing, and very very good value for money@ 45 pound. The riad is close to the bustling square and souks. and is peaceful and tranquil on arrival...One tip (make sure you have cold beers available all the time for us greedy English)...We all loved it and we love Morocco...will it be a third time again soon I am sure. Great 4-5 day break 100% recommend it. Special thanks to Khalid and the ladies who were working in the kitchen and in the rooms.See again some time soon.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Luxury riad hidden away in the old medina. The decor is exquisite and the ambiance is calming. A great place to lose 5 bpm off your heart rate - and at a fair price. The hosts and their staff seem to have a professional comprehension of what 'luxury' actually means.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Riad Trois Palmiers is a beautiful riad with a very tasteful and well-chosen interior and decoration! The owners Patrick and Caroline were very welcoming and helpful and you can certainly feel their passion for their riad! We booked half-board since we were travelling with 3 kids under 3 and a pregnant friend: I am still dreaming about the breakfast today! The dinner was also wonderful every single time, local food, originally prepared and guaranteed no stomach bugs-very recommendable! The staff was superfriendly and polite, especially our server Khalid and the kitchen staff! The location could not be better, right at the edge of the busy Medina streets and only a short walk from the souks, main square and attractions! I would highly recommend this riad and its 'cuisine' without any hesitation to everyone, especially when travelling with children (you can even borrow the owner's stroller)!!

• Stayed December 2013
Lyon, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We had a great weeks stay at this beautiful Riad. After being collected from the airport we were welcomed by the very friendly staff who gave us some mint tea and pastries before being shown around by Pat, the owner. He described and showed pictures of the history of the Riad which he is rightfully very proud of.

Pat was always willing to help with very useful hand drawn maps of the medina, advice on where to eat and the numerous excursions he provides. We went to the foothills of the Atlas Mountains and had a great day out. We also ate twice at the riad, the food was excellent and plentiful with the price being extremely reasonable.

The most memorable thing though was the peace and quiet the Riad provided. This is really needed after a day in the medina. The sun terrace was great for sunbathing and also for breakfast and lunch in the sun. A really great stay! Thanks

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I had to think about this post a few times before I actually decided to sit down to write it.

I requested a pick up as I had a very short trip and didn't want to waste time getting to the Medina. I was surprised when I presented myself to the driver and he just turned around and started walking away. I didn't need any help with my bag and would have said no, but the least I expected was an offer. When we got to his taxi he started shouting with someone else (for about 15 minutes) and I obviously couldn't understand him but he was "fighting" with someone who should have cleaned the car. I didn't think this was very professional, as I was just sitting there watching this. When I arrived at the Riad I was so impressed that I totally forgot this bad experience.

Patrick the owner is a GREAT host and very kindly gave me great tips and suggestions and sat patiently with me drawing a map for me to know what to do.

I decided to take the cooking lessons and Samira and Dalila where fantastic teachers and a pleasure to be with. All the staff was very kind and always helpful. I was having a fantastic experience.

But then again, when I had to return to the airport the last day I was accompanied by on of the staff to the taxi and my things were placed in the car and I sat down and the driver is talking to the hotel staff. A couple of minute later he gets in the car and starts complaining to me that the ride to the airport costs at least 100 dirham (just short of 10 euros) and that the staff had just given him 60 and that I had to pay the difference. I had actually paid 15 euros in other words at least 50% more than what he wanted and therefore wasn't going to give him one cent, but all I said was I had already paid at the Riad and he would have to settle that with Patrick. All upset he starts driving away and then all of a sudden stops the car in the middle of the street close to another taxi get out and talks to the other driver, and comes back to the car and says "get out, he is going to take you". I was really upset and if I didn't have a flight would probably have wanted to go back to the Riad to clear this mess up, but I just checked with the other driver that I wasn't going to pay anything as I had already paid and he said ok and turned on the meter. I was actually shocked because when I go to the airport the meter was at 32 dirhams...

I wrote to the Riad and have waited for 5 days and received no reply and thus and making this bad review. I am sure that Patrick will change the driver so please check this if you do book the transfer. But except for that I had a fantastic experience at the Riad and strongly recommend it to all.

Room Tip: Stay at the rooms on the top floor!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Stansted
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I recently spent 5 nights at this Riad - Patrick Caroline and their staff could not have been more helpful, hospitable or friendly. The hotel is in a 300 year old building right in the centre of the medina but off the beaten track. The rooms are characterful, the food is good and the whole experience from start to finish was excellent. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Les Trois Palmiers El Bacha? Share your experiences!