We needed an overnight in Marrakech and selected this riad on recommendation from people in Essaouria where we were going the next day. The riad set up a taxi from the airport to the hotel, which is a must because like most riads, it is inside a souk; you cannot drive up in front. Instead, we were met at an entrance to the souk and guided to the riad. Do not use riads if you have a lot of luggage because you are likely to have to haul it yourself.
The riad is isolated in an alleyway and very quiet. It is well decorated and contains several comfortable sitting areas, which are essential because rooms are typically small. The room we had is tiny; the double bed just fit into the space. Nevertheless,we were comfortable and it worked for us. However, I am not sure I would want several days in a room in which the suitcases took up most of the room.
You could also have a problem if you don't speak or understand French. I had communicated with people in English but no one was present at the riad who spoke it. However, my wife is fluent so we managed well.
People are very nice and accommodating. Food is simple but excellent. Getting from the riad to the medina takes time; it would be easy to get turned around. We were given a hand drawn map. The worse part about Marrakech is if you look out of place someone with an agenda will try to pick you up and guide you. People are nice but typically they want money. They are difficult to shake so important either to accept and negotiate terms or be firm that you don't want help.
Finally, the credit card machine did not work or the manager did not know how to use it. Have euros or dirhams.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Les Trois Palmiers Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Les Trois Palmiers Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Riad Trois Palmiers El Bacha est une magnifique demeure du 18e siecle situee dans le quartier des antiquaires de Dar El Bacha. Tres au calme mais seulement a 2 mns des taxis et 10 mns de Jeema El Fna, ce riad vous enchantera avec ses 12 chambres, deux patios, deux piscines, deux terrasses et un point de vue extraordinaire sur la Medina de Marrakech. Les proprietaires sur place mettront tout en oeuvre avec leur equipe pour rendre votre sejour inoubliable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Riad Les Trois Palmiers El Bacha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.