Jan.1-9, 2013 my husband and I escaped the world at the Riad Trois Palmiers in the impenetrable old residental area of the Medina. We knew from Google Maps where we were supposed to be but it was a good thing to be met by the staff both at the airport and at the street end to be guided in through mysterious passages to the door of the Riad.
Much of the passage was covered, how would we ever have found this place?
No matter, by the next day we were experts.
Already an adventure to find, the Riad itself was perfect, warm and welcoming and beautifully restored and decorated by Patrick and Caroline, our hosts. Our room, the "Alaouite" room was exactly as pictured in the website but better. Heavy wooden doors and window frames with coloured glass panels opened onto the courtyard below.Totally charming and private. Great bed, bathroom too exotic to believe, we felt like VIPs. And that is the standard of the Riad; the best chef, the wonderful staff who treat you like long lost family. We loved it. Forget going out to dinner or breakfast, bring lots of books or read the books in the library, nothing is lacking here.
The wines of Morocco are served in the Riad and in most restaurants that serve alcohol. We enjoyed the white and Rose wines and Patrick can suggest good choices. Patrick is the go-to person for advice on excursions out of Marrakech. With a comfortable SUV and driver Ali, we made several trips, one to the Atlas Mountains with a mule ride up the inacessible to a hilltop Berber village and a brilliant lunch in the sunshine overlooking valleys on two sides with snow a few hundred feet away. This is a must, ask Patrick to arrange it for you. In fact, ask Patrick what he suggests for places to visit in Marrakech. He always visits every suggestion made by guests to check out the venue for himself and his taste is impeccable. This also goes for places to eat although on review, the Riads's chef was the best.
The location is ideal, within the Medina and near the Souks and most historical must-see sites.
We walked everywhere and enjoyed exploring the city at a leisurely pace.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Les Trois Palmiers Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Les Trois Palmiers Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- his sumptuous and spacious traditional Riad is located in the heart of the Medina, in one of the most sought after area of the Marrakech, less than 10 minutes walk from the famous Djeemaa El Fna Square, the souks and other places of interest.This vast and elegant Riad has been completely renovated by its owners in the pure respect of Moroccan craft, combining luxury, comfort, authenticity and charm. A true cultural and exotic journey through time and history.The Riad is offered in exclusivity in either 5/7 or 12 bedrooms and can comfortably accommodate up to 26 guests. A perfect venue for the family reunion, a large celebration or any other festive events.Modern and tastefully decorated with a touch of oriental’s, each bedrooms has quality beddings, safety deposit box, air-conditioning and en-suite bathrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Riad Les Trois Palmiers El Bacha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.