“wow” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Les Trois Palmiers El Bacha

You added Riad Les Trois Palmiers El Bacha to your Saves list
Riad Les Trois Palmiers El Bacha
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   36 Derb Tizougarine | Dar El Bacha, Marrakech 44000, Morocco   |
Ranked #308 of 1,072 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

WOW WOW WOW!!! Completely and utterly lovely. Not your modern boutigue riad that i have seen on the internet but utterly charming and full of character and history from the actual riad to the host, Patrick and his wonderful staff. You can't help but fall in love with the place. We can't wait to go back as soon as possible.

Room Tip: The terrace room is lovely as you have your own little area closed off from everyone else, but to be...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

My friends and I loved Riad Les Trois Palmiers! The owners and staff are so friendly and accomodating. It's like staying with a family. It's location is great, just a short distance from the square. I am already planning to go back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Goodness! What can be added to all that has been said? I too stayed here and cannot praise this well run, calm, and peaceful escape from the madcap world outside the door. I had a room down on the ground floor and loved it. It was enormous and perfect for my requirements. Suffice to say that I did not worry about padlocking the door as I felt as easy as if I had been in a friend's home. I was drawn a map and I have to admit that getting through the Medina is a bit of a challenge but once get the hang of it - no problem. I felt safer walking than I do in parts of London. I was lazy and ate all my meals at the Riad. As I am alone - it is actually more convenient than going into a restaurant. I am not mad on Couscous so I was given something else. One night we had grilled meat on skewers - they just kept coming. The lovely motherly chef Dahlia took pride in what was served and I loved everything that they put in from of me. Patrick and Caroline are simply delightful - it is clear that pleasing the guests is their primary concern. Wifi is available but you'll need to surf on the ground floor as the signal is somewhat limited - I understand that they may be doing something about that - but to me it was no big deal at all.

Do be aware that payment is in cash - and they do tell you this very clearly in their email. They will arrange for you to be collected and dropped back to the airport. Please also be aware that in all cases you are dealing with people both staff and owners who are intrinsically kind. I would trust them totally and left feeling as though I was leaving a good friend. I would think of setting foot anywhere else should I return.

The highest compliment I can pay were Patrick's last words to me as he stopped in the alleys as he sailed along on his moped "P if you need anything - anything at all - call me at once on my mobile - whatever it may be, Please do not hesitate"

I was no longer his guest and yet I had no doubt that he would have helped me had emergency or mishap occurred. What more can anyone ask?

I commend and recommend without hesitation

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I've stayed in Marrakech a few times before now, each time trying something new. But this is the Riad I shall always stay in from now. The rooms are not the largest I have stayed in but they are well laid out, clean and very cosy and 'happy'. There is one mark dropped on the rooms because we had booked a room with a private terrace but were actually placed in a different room. The hotel did make this up to us with a free lunch and the room we were placed in was a very nice room anyway.

The staff and owners of this Riad quite clearly love what they do and want you to be happy. All staff will always acknowledge you as you or the walk past, but not in an overly intrusive fashion. They have that perfect balance of discreet but attentive service, a balance that is very hard to strike IME.

We ate here every night because the food is superbly cooked, in a timely fashion and served in the lovely courtyard of the riad. Also with breakfast you can either take this downstairs, in your room or on the terrace. Nothing is too much trouble.

The owner wrote us a very useful map to and from various sites and one thing I wish I had done, is to take the offer of the riad's own transport from the airport, because it's a bit tricky to find and you will get hassled on the walk to the hotel.

I personally will not even bother looking at other options when in Marrekech in future, I have stayed in places three times this price and not been as happy. It's a great little riad and I am sure you will be as happy here as we were.

Room Tip: All rooms seem nice but Bahia has a private terrace for sun-bathing.
North Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed three nights at the Les Trois Palmiers. We had a wounderful time and were made to feel like family, Nothing was too much trouble for Patrick, Caroline and their wonderful staff.

The bedrooms were spotlessly clean, and we appreciated all the little extra touches.

We ate at the riad during our stay and the meals were outstanding, my husband is now expecting five courses every night !!!

Thank you to everybody who made our trip so memorable.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Four fantastic nights in a beautiful riad, just minutes away from the hustle of Djema El Fna.
Patrick and Caroline have achieved a monumental task in transforming two riads into a gorgeous and luxurious place to stay while visiting Marrakech.
Ably assisted by great attentive staff. I'd be back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a 5 day city break. It was our first time in Morocco. This riad provided an ideal base for exploring Marrakech from the new town to the old. Once you get your bearings it is not hard to navigate from here. It is within easy walking distance of the Majorelle Gardens with a comfortable half hour walk or short ride in a petit taxi to La Place with all the hustle and bustle of the souks.

The riad itself was attractive, clean and comfortable. The staff were helpful and polite. There was free wifi in the lobby. We had a good sized fridge and a safe in our room. The breakfast is basic but perfectly adequate with good coffee and fresh pastries. There are plenty of shops, cafes and restaurants nearby. The maid created some lovely bed and towel art for us. We would definitely recommend it for people like us who go off exploring all day and just need a decent place to crash at the end of it. In fact we are planning a return visit in May.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Les Trois Palmiers El Bacha? Share your experiences!