My friend and I were fairly well travelled but had never been to Morocco. We had read lots of guide books but I still don't think I was really prepared for what Marrakech would be like. The roads were chaos and on entering the medina soon became too narrow to pass in a car. We unloaded our luggage into a handcart which was pushed down ever narrowing alleys full of donkeys, souks with their salesmen and scooters until we stopped at a dark door. This door opened into an open courtyard with a deep pool and sunloungers. No matter how hot, dusty and noisy it was outside the other side of that dark door it was always cool, airy and quiet. In fact the only noise came from the other guests.
Our room was always clean and airy and we didn't need the aircon even in June. Getting the flow and temperature on the shower could be quite complicated but the free products were lovely.
We took our breakfast and sunbathed on the roof terrace which was luxurious with sunbeds, towels, straw hats and magazines. The view was amazing with rooftops and satelite dishes, minarets and in the distance the Atlas mountains.
The staff took care to make sure we had instructions that made sure we could get to the landmarks and back without getting lost. They were always there, but not obtrusive, and served us beautiful breakfasts and a traditional evening meal. They also made excellent recommendations of places to go and the swallows at sunset on the roof of Cafe Arabe whilst drinking cocktails is pretty much unbeatable.
This is a well placed riad from which we did almst everything on our huge to do list without coming home exhausted. I would definitely stay here again either to visit Marrakech again or to use it as a base to travel further.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Les Trois Palmiers Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Les Trois Palmiers Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- his sumptuous and spacious traditional Riad is located in the heart of the Medina, in one of the most sought after area of the Marrakech, less than 10 minutes walk from the famous Djeemaa El Fna Square, the souks and other places of interest.This vast and elegant Riad has been completely renovated by its owners in the pure respect of Moroccan craft, combining luxury, comfort, authenticity and charm. A true cultural and exotic journey through time and history.The Riad is offered in exclusivity in either 5/7 or 12 bedrooms and can comfortably accommodate up to 26 guests. A perfect venue for the family reunion, a large celebration or any other festive events.Modern and tastefully decorated with a touch of oriental’s, each bedrooms has quality beddings, safety deposit box, air-conditioning and en-suite bathrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Riad Les Trois Palmiers El Bacha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.