“Left me feeling zingy all over” 4 of 5 stars

062 71 55 71
Improve this listing
Ranked #242 of 529 Activities in Marrakech
Bursledon, England, United Kingdom
“Left me feeling zingy all over”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

As a 'Hammam virgin', I didn't really know what to expect, but this was a fun and worthwhile experience. Blokes strip off completely, apart from a little wrap around skirt thing, so be warned - you should not be squeamish about being near-on naked. First of all, one of the attendants washes you down with some black soap, and then you go into the sauna for 10-15 minutes. Afterwards, you are taken to have a quick shower, and then the treatment begins! You lie down on a table where you are scrubbed to within an inch of your life (gommage), with barely a square inch being left unscrubbed (again, having any hang-ups about getting up close and personal will seriously interfere with the experience!). After a complete layer of skin has been shred, another shower follows, followed by a massage. The package costs 270 dh (about £30), and ends with a glass of mint tea in a peaceful sitting area, which is good as I could hardly stand afterwards, and slept for 3 hrs when I got back to my hotel! I would definitely go back again if I visited Marrekech

Las Vegas, Nevada
77 attraction reviews
“Mixed feelings, not sure if it was really clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The package takes an hour and a half, and is what most people do. It's sort of a public hamman, but lots of tourists go. I didn't think it looked so clean. From the filthy rug at the entrance, to the shower doors, walking in pools of water, a bit crowded, etc. No private rooms here, all community rooms.

I didn't like that the massage guys were all talking and shouting with each other while people were getting massages. No quiet peaceful music, just a lot of talking. Kind of annoying. When you walk to/from the showers, you literally have to bump into someone's feet getting massaged. Not spacious at all.

The scrubbing and massage were quite good, I suppose the price is reasonable, but I prefer something more luxurious, more like a spa rather than a public hamman.

London
9 attraction reviews
“Pampering at its best!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Read reviews about hammam Ziani most seemed very positive so decided to check it out. First time I have ever used a hammam. Ziani very welcoming and homely, guided us into his darkened fragrant abode with promises of mint tea which he did deliver. We were made to feel very relaxed, no pressure at all, we just soaked up the wonderful sensory pleasure of the lounge area and given our slippers, towels and robes and locker keys. Ziani's dogs are sweet and I am not a dog person but they took to me instantly. We settled on the full package costing 350 dirhams. His staff do not speak English and my French was gcse level 30 odd years ago! But we managed as best as we could. There was not one inch of me that was not scrubbed, I laid back and just thought of England. After a while you do relax and just slip into the warm velvety folds of bliss. I think I actually may have regressed to my childhood as the ladies do everything for you, they even guide you onto the rooms to stop you shooting out of the door from all the oil and mud on you. All my british prudishness went out the window and you find yourself in a state of euphoria as all control is taken away from you, just enjoy the moment. The massage with argan oil was incredible, I did think they may have been pressing too hard at one point as I could hear things cracking, however pain I had been suffering in my back and neck was relieved immediately.the massage they do seems to be a mixture of shiatsu, reflexology and general massage, the smells are wonderful. Be prepared to be massaged front and back, you can cover some modesty with a pair of paper knickers, little did I care, I enjoyed the whole experience especially the hair washing, head massage and being scrubbed with almond soap. We relaxed after this awesome session with more mint tea and chatting to the owner.he does not encourage tipping...but do what your heart tells you if you feel it is right. These women have magic fingers and can caress your cares away. I would go back again, there are probably more spa like ones, but for those on a budget price was pretty good and ziani makes that experience even more special with his warm welcome. This hammam comes highly recommended!

Gradara, Italy
3 attraction reviews
“A nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was my first time in an Hammam but I can say that Ziani Hammam is a very nice place. Inside there are kind ladies that provide to give you all the stuffs you need (flip flop, slip and towel) and they take care of you for about one hour and half. I spent 200 dhiram for scrub, massage, turkish bath and body and hair wash. Before leave the hammam they offer some mint tea in a pretty room. Advised!!

London, United Kingdom
“relaxing day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was directed by my tour guide to this hamam and was a bit sceptical but once our group was inside the perception changed. we were taken to a lounge with big comfortable sofas and offered Moroccan tea and cold water as it was 45-50c outside. we were well looked after and didn't have to take anything with us, not even a towel and soap. the sauna and massages were very good as we had the superior package and included everything in the hamams offering.
After our session the ladies were not 100% happy with the massage so the owner offered a free same session the next day.
The next day we also took the kids(8 of them) and they all enjoyed it also. the owner of the business was very welcoming and entertained the kids while we were waiting for the ladies which took them nearly a hour longer than us.
All in all a good experience and worth the money.

Visited August 2013