“Blissful hammam experience” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Henley on thames
“Blissful hammam experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My friend and I flew home this Thursday, 23rd May, having decided that a pre-flight visit to a hammam would be a jolly way to wind up our wonderful holiday. We settled for Hammam Ziani and were not disappointed. We did not want the usual spa experience with its inflated prices and sometimes snooty therapists and this traditional hammam was a world away from that.

We rather tentatively stepped into the small entrance where we were immediately made to feel welcome by the manager - there was no hard sell, just an explanation of what treatments were available. We discussed them with him over a glass of mint tea and settled for the very reasonably priced two hour deluxe package. We were then collected by our respective therapists, charming and caring women who took us to change and showed us where we could lock away our belongings. We were then given some outrageously small g-strings to wear, much to our amusement. There followed two hours of steaming, scrubbing, massaging with oils and hair washing before we were wrapped in towelling robes and given a towel to dry our hair. This was followed by relaxation in the traditional sitting room, where we sipped our mint tea before leaving with a spring in our step and a great sense of wellbeing.

A word or two of caution:

1. Although there is a 'no tipping' sign up, a woman who appeared to be in charge came and asked for a tip at the end of the session 'for the girls.' I had no objection to tipping my therapist - she worked incredibly hard on my behalf, but I was concerned that she may not have got a share of the money I handed over.

2. Beware of the wet and slippery marble floors. Never move away from the massage tables without immediately putting your hammam shoes back on - these are provided.

andover
“Definitely worth the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I went to hammam Ziani last week. My friends and I were invited to look around before we booked. I opted for the basic 25 euro treatment, body scrub and 40 minute massage, I couldn't fault the treatment I received. Came out feeling refreshed and relaxed. The ladies were polite and the massage was one of the best I've had! There are no posh treatment rooms but it's clean.

Chicago, Illinois
“Great Location, Excellent Staff, Reasonable Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I am a student and cannot recommend this hammam more. Before my hammam experience, I went in to request more information. The owner was more than accomodating and even recommended a fantastic place for my friends and I to enjoy lunch before the hammam. He was invested in helping us have the best time in Marrakech.

This hammam is clean, has a great staff, and is worth every cent. The process is extensive, relaxing, and you leave feeling incredible. I enjoyed the hammam experience and the tea following the hour or so long hammam session.

Please pick this hammam - it is great way to wrap up a day of site seeing and leaves you relaxed and rejuvenated.

Visited April 2013
Lafayette, California
86 attraction reviews
“Good overall. Some problems, but handled very well.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We went as a couple and had different experiences. My treatment was good: there may be nicer boutique spas, but it was definitely good value.

My fiance's treatment wasn't quite the same. First, it was about twenty minutes short of the length that we were told it was going to be; the masseuse skipped his back almost completely. Futhermore, although there are signs everywhere saying that tipping is not permitted, the man who attended him in the hammam demanded a tip at the end. He gave him all the change he had (about 10% of the total, still a reasonable amount, and he wasn't going to give him one hundred dirham), but the attendant insisted it wasn't enough and asked for more. However, when my fiance mentioned the problems to the owner, the owner was very apologetic. He asked my fiance to point out the attendant, then offered a free hour massage or a significant portion of the price back.

The service wasn't flawless, but as a business they handled it about as well as you can if your employee acts inappropriately.

London, United Kingdom
“one more reason to go to Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

first visit to Marrakesh and i got addicted to this hamam which is clean thorough all the staff are trained and know how to give a massage
a definite reason to return to Marrakesh

Visited April 2013