“Wonderful Honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Terre Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Terre Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Terre Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   West Palmaraie | La Palmeraie, Marrakech 40 000, Morocco   |
Ranked #306 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

I took my wife here for 7 nights on our honeymoon.

The hotel itself is about a 40 minute drive from Marrakech airport, located in the Palmerie area of the city. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty. We were given a free upgrade to the Romance Suite, which was beautifully decorated and very spacious in size.

The staff went out of their way to ensure that we received the highest level of service. One morning after breakfast for example, I asked a member of staff for an umbrella to be taken down to the small pool/jacuzzi area. Having gone back to our rooms to get changed, we went to the pool area to find two large umbrellas placed by our sun bed, which had been covered in towels and sprinkled with rosepetals. The staff go out of their way to get to know you, to know how/where you like to take your meals etc and they really do cater to your every need. They work around you and your expectations and needs. I cannot praise them highly enough.

The spa is a haven of tranquility and you are able to book sole use of the hammam to yourself, which my wife and I did. It was a good hour of relaxation. The food on the whole is great. Breakfast is lovely with a good selection of pastries and fruit, and the lunch menu is fantastic. My only criticism of the food would be the dinner menu, which was not as varied as it could have been. However, I would encourage everybody to venture into the Jema El Fnaa at least one evening, to sample local cuisine. The hotel staff were happy to arrange all the excursions we had planned and would have a driver at the door within half an hour of booking.

The hotel grounds are stunning, with long, windy paths leading to the rooms and many shady and seated areas set in the stunning gardens to keep you out of the glare of the midday sunlight if you wish. Even the fireworks at 10:30pm coming from Chez Ali next door did not dampen the experience for us. Other than these fireworks, the hotel is very quiet and peaceful during the day.

Would I go back? Certainly.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Terreresort, General Manager at Terre Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
Dear Client,
thank you sincerely for your lovely words which I shared with my staff. We looking forward to hear from you in the future. Best personal regards
Marco Crea Terre Resort & Spa

384 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

We have just returned from a nine night stay at the Terre Resort & Spa.....myself, wife and two daughters. We all agreed that this was one of the best holidays we have taken. Marrakech in July (and presumably August) is certainly hot. However, sensible use of sun-tan lotion and plenty of water generally sorts this out. Humidity is generally lower than many holiday destinations.

Just over a three hour flight from the UK and you're in Africa. Marrakech (particularly the Medina) is an incredible experience. Completely different culture, extremely friendly people and lots to see and do. Great food and sounds in this amazing city.

All of the tips on Trip Advisor (about restaurants etc) are well worth reading before you go.

And the Terre? Absolutely wonderful! Mr Crea and his staff will go completely out of their way to make your stay very enjoyable. There are many reports on this site about the hotel and some very valid comments, some good and some not. You will note that the manager always replies to people who have issues to raise. And that's the point....when you have a hotel where everyone is determined to make sure that you have a great time, it is very commendable.

We had a great and spacious room, the food was excellent and we were fortunate to meet some lovely people during our stay.

A five star endorsement from me!

• Stayed July 2010
Terreresort, General Manager at Terre Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 1, 2010
Dear Mr. Jon,
it was a great pleasure meeting you and host you in our resort. Looking forward to see you soon. thank you and your family for coming.
Marco
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

We were offered a complimentary upgrade to the Princess Suite which was a wonderful surprise, a spacious and comfortable room with separate seating area and patio. Breakfast was always fresh although if you arrive for breakfast after 9.15 you may have to wait a little while for the fresh breads etc. to be topped up. Amazing pancakes and omlettes too!
Great idea to offer free shutlles into the Medina however it would be even better to have them depart later than 4pm as taxi cabs were a little pricey booked through the hotel
Hotel staff are very helpful and eager to please, it seems they may be a little under-staffed at times but this does not affect the their willingness to stay.

A lovely stay, only downside is the food is a little expensive if dining at the hotel restaurant but that's to be expected.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Terreresort, General Manager at Terre Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 30, 2010
Dear Client,
it was a great pleasure to host you during your last vacation in Marrakech. Thank you again and looking forward to hearing from you.

Terre resort & Spa
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

My boyfriend and i stayed at this hotel for our anniversary for 10 days and i can't think of a better place to have been in whilst in morocco. I managed to find an amazing deal on expedia which made it even better. I was very sceptical at first because i rely heavily on reviews and well the rating and reviews for this hotel was outside my comfort zone. I emailed the hotel before we left with some of my queries which they did get back to but not with answers which i hoped would reassure me.
However when we got to the hotel it was exactly as splendid as the photos we had seen. It was beautiful, we were greeted with cocktails and then given a tour of the hotel before shown to our room. The room was very big and spacious with subtle moroccon character, although the only thing i woud change would be maybe to bring a bit more character and colour into the room. I think this would have made a big difference.
The service was brilliant. Even before we would ask for things, we had people assisting us as if they read our mind. The staff were very friendly and polite and keen to help with anything. The hotel itself is beautiful and the pool is great. We couldn't have hoped for anything better.
We knew the food would be expensive but it was very tasty and when i didn't like the veggie options they brought me something off the menu which was great.
The shuttle let us save on so much money. We had no problems with the shuttle as long as we booked ahead. Usually we would try and book the day before.
Excursions through the hotel are expensive but only because they do private tours where you would get your own driver and tour guide. We took a tour of the city however we were told we would visit 6 different sites but only were taken to 3. On arrival back to the hotel we went to reception with our complaint (i learnt from the other reviews if you have any problems at all, it is best to inform the staff straight away and it will get dealt with). We were very happy when we were compensated with a free transfer to the airport.
The only down side on our stay was the expense of the food, tour and spa which we would have like to have booked if the prices were more reasonable but other than that we had an amazing stay. As my boyfriend said, it is not the problems you encounter but how they deal with them and this was evident when our shower broke at 12am and they sent someone to fix it immediately.
I'm so glad we went ahead with the booking of this hotel and ignored the negative reviews by others. I have never written a review before but just so i can increase the rating of this hotel i thought i would write one.
I would def recommend this hotel and would come back and stay here again!!
Thank you terre, you treated us very well!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Terreresort, General Manager at Terre Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 26, 2010
Dear Client,
thank you again for your kind comments. it was a great pleasure to host you in our property and we are looking forward to welcome you again in the future.

Marrakech
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

Well the rooms are magnificent and most of the staff great.
I will write more about the (high quality) food later.
The motto seems to be "This is your House" Which I thought magnificent. Everyone has lived up to this motto until....

It's the first time I've walked into an Hotel with shopping bags to be told:

"That's not allowed!"
"Nonsense" I replied.

No this is not allowed you cannot take these to your room."
"Nonsense" I replied

"We will charge your room"
"Nonsense" I replied,

SO my kids have some crisps and orange juice, I have tonic and lime for my duty free gin....

What would you do?

I'll tell you more soon.
Yes ticked..for now

Nick

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dear Client,

I saw this morning your comments and would like to express our point of view in this regards.
The reply of our duty manager, as you described below, is about enourmous quantity of food and beverage, we are not infact dealing about few chips for the kids.
Apart from a problem of higyene and storage, in fact, we did not expect all this food from exterior when we can deliver to you the same service.
It is common sense but also an obligation to respect all our Clients staying at the property.
I am also aware that any "extra" requests you have done has been accommodated without any extra surcharge. Thank you for staying with us and have a nice late flight.

Bournemouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

Have just returned from an 11 night stay at this hotel and had an amazing time. For the amount we paid to stay here, we got real value for money. The grounds are beautiful & the villa we stayed in was lovely, spacious and furnished beautifully. Air conditioning system worked very well, which was much apprieciated in the heat.

Some of the reviews complain about having to pay the 150dhs (approx £12) for a taxi to get to and from town if no shuttle is available, but for the price you pay for the hotel in the first place this is really not an issue, and is the going price for any taxi whether booked through the hotel or not.

Make sure you don't miss the Belly Dancing lessons which are so much fun, or the Moroccan night on a Friday where they do a set 3 course Moroccan meal with musicans & belly dancing. Fantastic value & very tasty food & wine. I even asked for chicken instead of beef & it was no problem for them to do this for me. The food at the hotel was always very good. The non Moroccan evening menu was a little on the expensive side, however you get what you pay for & it was cooked to perfection. Breakfast was always fresh & the hot pancakes were delicious - couldn't get enough of them.

I had 2 wonderful Hammans with full body massage in the hotel spa. I would definately recommend a treatment in the spa to unwind.

My overall opinion is that if you want to relax in lovely hotel, with friendly staff and at a good price then book now. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here & would love to go back one day.

A special thanks to Fatima who was very helpful throughout our stay & would often ask us how our holiday was going, & to all the waiters (nothing was too much trouble for them), especially Abdul who never stopped smiling.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Terreresort, General Manager at Terre Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 19, 2010
Dear Client,

thank you most sincerely for your kind words. My staff and I really appreciate your comments which makes for us another pleasant day in delivering the best service to our Clients.

We passed onto Fatima our reception manager your congratulation as well as to Abdul in our Restaurant for their good hard work.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon, I remain

Best personal regards

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

I was at this resort last week and cannot fault it. We paid about USD90.00 per night I think and what we got for our money is amazing.
Arrival:- Bags taken to our rooms, quick and easy checkin, complimentary mocktail and a quick tour of the premises so that we know where everything is.
Rooms:- Very spacious, comfortable, clean, all the amenities you could need or want, room service, TV (which works perfectly and has an english movie channel), complimentary bottled water, complimentary moroccan pastries.
Facilities:- Pool, large unheated jacuzzi, restaurant, spa, free shuttle service to the medina.
Staff:- Very warm and friendly, could not do enough for you and never once was there any pressure to tip or did they ever ask for a tip.
Restaurant:- lots of variety, moroccan menu was superb. We ate lunch out and dinner at the resort every night and found that the moroccan food at the resort was much better than a lot of the other places we ate at outside. I would also highly recommend the chocolate mousse :)
The resort also tried to find other ways to entertain their guests - free belly dancing lessons, free moroccan cooking classes etc - I guarantee you that the 5 star hotels in Europe and Asia would not offer these free.
To be honest, I found a lot of the complaints of other reviews to be invalid at best and lame at worst. When you think of how much you are paying per night this place is EXCELLENT - clean, comfortable, breakfast included (fresh and a good selection), free shuttle to the Medina and back and free wifi in the bar and pool area.
A word on the taxis - a complaint was made that they could not get on the shuttle and so had to pay for an overpriced taxi. I feel this is unfair. We got on the shuttle each time we wanted but when we needed to get a taxi we paid 150 Dirrhams into the medina and 250 dirrhams to the airport. This is the standard price - this is the price we were asked for when picking up a taxi from the Medina and reception told us that it is a fair price. It is a little on the expensive side but you cannot blame the hotel for that.

I am planning another trip back with my sister and we will stay here again. I recommended Terra to 2 friends and they are booking their holidays here for October.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Terreresort, General Manager at Terre Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 15, 2010
Dear Client,
thank you for your kind words. We always do our best to exceed Customer exepctations. Therefore I have shared proudly your comments with our staff. Thank you again and hope to hear from you in the future. Best personal regards
Octogone Hotels

Been to Terre Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!