“Half term break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Terre Resort & Spa

You added Terre Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Terre Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   West Palmaraie | La Palmeraie, Marrakech 40 000, Morocco   |
Ranked #315 of 464 Hotels in Marrakech
Liverpool, UK
“Half term break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my friend during half term as we had always wanted to visit the area and shop in the souks.
My friend chose the hotel as it was in the Palmerie area and had a spa. I personally would have liked something a little nearer the medina but the hotel did offer a shuttle bus.
I liked the hotel and facilities - it was great to relax by the pool and in the spa to get away from it all and the food and service was really good. That said, we arrived during terrible rain and had organised a transfer with a company she has used before (she works in tourism) but the journey from the airport to the hotel took ages.
We'd never visited the area before so a lengthy journey in the pitch black was a little startling. I grew alarmed when our driver was ignoring signs for the Palmerie and after an unnerving ten minutes I asked him where he was going. Fortunately, I speak French and he explained the rain had caused floods which had resulted in a toad block. Sure enough, we soon saw the Police barricade and then some lights started appearing out of the desert so we knew we were heading towards a more developed area.
By the time we got to the hotel we were so relieved to be in one piece, we didn't pay much attention to the decor or set up and went straight to bed.
In the morning, we realised (by daylight) how nice the hotel was. Our room was in its own terra cotta building, beautifully decorated, spacious and clean. Views from the bathroom window showed cacti, goats etc and I really felt as if I was away from it all.
The poolside was lovely and quiet, breakfast was plentiful and staff were pleasant and answered any queries we had.
We took up the offer of the free shuttle bus and saw by day what had appeared a slightly scary and bumpy journey from the hotel.
We were at the centre of things within about 20 minutes and raring to go! The only downside to this was the shuttle bus offered two return times - one mid afternoon and one later at night. As you can't 'reserve' places we found that later at night, armed with souvenirs and leather goods, most of the hotel had opted to come back at this time. My friend and I had to squeeze in next to the driver or we would have been stuck there or left with finding a cab. However, we got back safely and after a great, hot shower we hit the sack.
The next day we did the hop-on / hop-off bus tour and travelled right round to various districts including the Palmerie which illustrated that although our hotel was gorgeous, it was a fair way from the centre.
On our ladt day we did notjing but soak ip the sun and enjoy massages in the spa. it was a great and inexpensive wind down after the hurly burly of the medina.
On reflection, I would have preferred something a little nearer to the Medina, but I can't fault the accommodation or staff.

Pros
Clean
Friendly
No gangs / stag / hens
Lovely food
Didn't feel like a 'chain' hotel

Cons
A little out of the way
Not much going on at night

Perfect for:
Sightseeing
Shopping
Relaxing

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

17 Dec 2012 Amanali
The Rose Garden Resort and Spa is truely the jewel of Marrakech. We had the most amazing time here and we would recommend to all to book their stay at this hotel. The staff were all amazing and the service was impeccable and we were lucky enough to meet the lovely owners of this hotel during our stay. The hotel is surrounded by the most beautiful majestic gardens anyone could imagine and the views were spectacular. The suites are very grand and beautifully designed. To be totally honest, the staff is what makes this hotel as they cater to your every need and are so welcoming. We recommend having the traditional hammam bath and massage in the spa as it was so tranquil and an amazing experience. We were truely sad to leave. A special thankyou to Mustapha, Mahir and Samad for ur hospitality, you really made our holiday!

• Stayed November 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed at the Royal Terra for 10 days, what a fabulous place to stay. We were on the 7th floor overlooking the beach and pool and couldnt have wished for a better location. The 2 bedroomed accomodation was just lovely with ensuites for both bedrooms. The language barrier was extremely difficult as none of us (4 adults could speak french) but we would defintely go back. it is a short walk into a little town where you have a great selection ot resturants.Because it isnt a huge complex it suited us much better.

Room Tip: any room would be great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Firstly lets remember we're in morrocco so the same ratings don't apply as for Western Europe there are very clear pros and cons and ill list them below:

Pros
Lovely setting. Gardens are gorgeous and constantly maintained.
Huge rooms. Seriously huge. And lovely decor.
Pool area is beautiful. Lots of very comfy loungers.
Breakfast - tasty, no hot options but lots of tasty cold. Like a mini buffet at your table.
Spa- gorgeous and great massage but double the price of similar spas in the medina

Cons
First room has a broken shower. Second room wasn't clean but got upgraded to a stunning suite that had a phenenomenal shower.
Hotel has changed hands and feels like maybe it was under maintained by previous owners as lobby toilet flush was also broken but fixed during our stay.
Service at hotel is incredibly slow. And that's when it's not at all busy. Hate to see it in busy season. Try to order everything an hour before you might need it. Drinks half an hour!
No free shuttle as mentioned on previous reviews due to change of hands but they order cars at 150 dirhams which isn't bad.

Overall a good relaxing, hot winter break but don't come expecting luxury.

Oh and treat yourself to Mystic Orient for spa and maison mk for dinner- both in the medina .

• Stayed October 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was going on my own so I was making a choice between the company of other young travellers at a Riad in the Medina over the relaxation of a hotel, and don't think I could have picked anywhere better.
This was up there with one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. I had my own building let alone room; my own lounge area, my own terrace. And all the apartments are given lots of room to breathe amongst well maintained gardens.
The hotel was beautiful and offered the calm that much of Marrakech didn't. It was so serene. I spent about an hour on the last day just walking around the place looking at the plants and taking in the atmosphere.

Not many of the staff spoke much English, that's true. When that changes, more people will go, and the price will go up accordingly. It's that simple. I got by with my English and fumbling French.

For me, this was the hotel that all other hotels have said they are but aren't! It's quiet, it's beautiful and it's facilities are up to date.
I noted someone said about the jacuzzi not working - it wasn't when I was there either, but I've posted a picture of that non-functioning jacuzzi that may show how it doesn't necessarily matter.

Pros
Quiet but spacious
Picturesque but with modern facilites

Cons
The pricing of the food/drink is a bit sporadic.
English is not fluent throughout the hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

People speak only french and they don't seem to understand any english at all.
The rooms are not very clean especially the bathroom. When we went there the jacuzzi was broken, apparently from the look of it, from a very long time. The best side is food, the lemon chicken tagine was amazing and the people at the spa where professional. As many people said is not a 5 star hotel, probably 3 star would be more appropriate.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

We spent a week at Terre Resort and we can say we made the right choice. A the beginning we were not sure about the distance between the resort and the center of Marrakech, about 10' by cab, but after a full day experience in the mess in dowtown we have been happy to find some peacefulness. The swimming pool is spectacular as well as the entire building. The breakfast is really good, but maybe is the only thing that should be improved, especially in terms of food selection. The sandwiches, drinks and pool service is very very good and also the spa: we had a 4hands massage pool front and it was amazing. The room is huge and clean. We highly recommended this place.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Terre Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!