“Very nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Terre Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Terre Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Terre Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   West Palmaraie | La Palmeraie, Marrakech 40 000, Morocco   |
Ranked #309 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
New York City, New York
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I had to organise a week-long business trip with very little notice. The rates for an Executive Suite at this hotel within a short driving to the Golf Palace where I had my meetings . In fact, they were cheaper than those of nearby Holiday Inns and other chain hotels in the neighborhood. I was expecting therefore to have to settle with perhaps dated bathrooms or low quality furniture or something. I was very relieved to find that the room was not only stunningly decorated and quiet, but massive! I had a huge bedroom, very spacious living room and terrace , entrance hall, dressing area, and a huge bathroom with separate shower to the jacuzzi bath. The bed was ever so comfy and soft. There was also a safe in one of the closets. The staff at the front desk was very pleasant and eager to help my stay in the city be a pleasant one. They even helped me obtain difficult to get around , tips of what to avoid, etc.. Very helpful! On the Saturday morning I decided to have breakfast in the hotel as there was plenty of options; continental, Moroccan but very plentiful. I shall be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

384 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Guys... This is not the place to go if you intend on exploring the city of Marrakech and with a budget. It is quite simply too far away from the city and costs a lot to travel around - especially with the hotel's extortionist driver costs.

This was my first "exploring" type trip on my own and this was not the ideal place to stay at. I've realized through trial and error, although quite obvious, location is key with the hotel you stay at and getting to cool places. Also researching on whether the hotel has English speaking drivers and tour guides and checking prices is essential for a good stay.

First impressions count and this place did not make a good impression.

I inquired via email about a pick up from the hotel and the cost and they replied back stating the price (250 dirhams - which is a rip off) and what time my flight is. I then sent an email stating I did not want the pick up. When I then arrived at the hotel this was among the first things they tried to get off me - saying the driver was waiting for me, without me even confirming the pick up. Very unprofessional. I ended up fighting my point off that I only inquired.

Make no mistake - this hotel is quite far on the map of Marrakech from Djemaa el Fna and therefore travelling costs a lot. For 3 hours it costs 450 dirhams, for a driver who does not speak english to pick and drop you to places (some which he doesn't know where they are) - with a return to the hotel. It costs 150 dirhams for a one way trip to Djemaa el Fna. As you can see it will cost quite a bit over the course of 4-5 days. And they ask for cash in hand before the journey. They can't put it on your bill apparently as it's a different process. This got very unprofessional at times - with people asking me for money whilst relaxing at the pool. And the driver's coming 20 minutes early or 20 minutes late.

This place does not have first aid! I cut my foot during the stay and they did not have a plaster. I asked the main receptionist at first - who said no initially. Then with some digging with the other bar staff I finally got a few plasters.

The breakfast is ok. But is the same every day. It's not really a buffet as I was expecting a line of food that you fill your plate with. It's cheese, turkey slices, croissants, boiled egg and fruits etc... You can get bored quite easily after a few days. They also charge a lot for a bottle of water (25 dirhams) and cans of fizzy drinks (30 dirhams) and you will get quite thirsty.

The pool is ok - but quite small I'd say if the hotel was full.

Don't be fooled by the website pictures etc... The rooms are not that great. Pillows are very rough.

They did not have plug transformers for charging my Iphone, but with some persistence - I finally got one from them after a day or two.

There are however, some nice workers there who speak good English and can give you advice on places to visit etc.

I will advise you guys to find something closer to the main attractions.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We arrived to Marrakech on the morning flight which lands just after 10.00 As I wanted to be on the safe side, I called the hotel the night before arrival and requested them to send us transportation, although booking our holiday via lassminute.com and being entitled for their transfers.
The lady at the other end of the line did not correct me nor advised me that the transfer is at a cost, and happily booked my transfer.
Arriving at the hotel at just after 11.00 the first thing they did was to charge me 250 DHM for their transfer. Never mind, I kind of liked the private transfer, and being in a holiday mood I happily paid.
We got the room straight away, which was nice!
We booked the 'Supeior' villa and expected a wow! Well, it wasn't...
The villa was ok, but as they gave us the one furthest away from the pool and main lobby, the Wifi signal didn't reach our villa, and I had to go work in the lobby to get good wifi reception.
Important to mention that they do not air condition the main looby for some reason, so I was working and sweating...
The safe in our room was locked and it took them two days to send someone to unlock it. BTW, no instructions were found anywhere as to how we need to reset the code for the safe.
A couple of the ceiling lights did not work, and again it took quite long for house keeping to respond and reach us with a ladder and a couple of bulbs. They should really be checking those before they check you in...
On our first night out, we booked a taxi to go into town.
Taxi did come, but it was an old Mercedes from about 1975. No aircon, and by the time we reached the Djema el Fna we were both soaking in our own sweat. Not very pleasant, and it cost you 150 DHM one way.
On the next days when we booked a taxi, we pointed out very clearly that we wanted a taxi with air conditioning. It worked....
All in all, our stay was pleasant, the staff were welcoming and we enjoyed the pool and our villa. the breakfast was really nice, but sometimes you think they forgot you existed... We called it "the Moroccan time".
If you are looking to be close to the old city and main attractions, this is not the place for you. If you come to relax and set your standards to less than excellent, go for it.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

We had a blast 3 weeks ago at this Beautiful place for the entire week. We were hesitating to stay at this hotel due to its location, then we read that it offers free pick up and drop off to and from the airport, and we all have to agree that we are glad we chose it.
It is tastefully decorated, super clean and the staff were extremely attentive. Very tasty and fresh cooked meals daily, Tagine was top notch, and we tried most plates that were equally delicious and great quality to what you get outside. We tried few meals in the city, mostly oily or under cooked.
All my friends enjoyed an afternoon in the spa at very affordable price.The gardens are so relaxing and birds everywhere, it totally takes you away to another level of relaxation. Loved it..... We are definitely going back next year. Wish our stay did not end that fast.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
ferrai, Guest Relations Manager at Terre Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at our resort. The entire team at Terre Resort & Spa is very pleased to hear about your experience at our resort. Our Restaurant only prepares fresh food and most of the preparation is from scratch, you will only indulge in exquisite quality meals. We are very happy that you enjoyed the resort and that you were able to relax. Our resort is localized outside of the city so that you can achieve maximum relaxation. We look forward to hosting a future stay and hopefully you can stay longer so that your stay doesn't end so soon!
Thank you for choosing Terre Resort & Spa!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

The Resort was more than a bargain ...you may want to be super pampered elsewhere but for the price you cannot beat it. Clean. Clean. Clean ...my middle name. Gorgeous pool and pool area , mint tea and great Moroccan pastry upon arrival....the shops and sights are a bit away but the hotel provides a shuttle a few times during the day that takes you to and from Jamlafna square , a crazy place that one should visit not more than once . Staff is wonderful and accommodating. Free WIFI ...which you either love or hate. They go above and beyond. Pick your own restaurants to eat at because the ones they will send you to are Tourist Traps , example the restaurant next door called Chez Ali is to avoid at all cost ....we learned after the first night that they launch fireworks every night witch scared us at first but enjoyed at the following nights . If you stay on a Saturday you can visit the market where the "people" shop. Interesting smells, sights, and if you are into souvenirs you will find mountains and mountains of gadgets.
I will definitely come back to Marrekech and most definitely stay at Terre Rose.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ferrai, Guest Relations Manager at Terre Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with our community of travelers on trip advisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We focus daily on our entire resort being up to the highest standards; cleanliness through out the resort, well maintained outdoor areas, world class dining, complimentary wi-fi and shuttle for guests, just to name a few of the ammenities and standards that our resort has to offer for you enjoyment. The city is very fast paced, but is just about a must if you enjoy shopping! Thank you for your comments as our community can see that our resort indeed takes pride in offering a high level of service!
Thank you for choosing Terre Resort & Spa, and we hope that the next time that you visit Marrakech, you also visit us as well!
Bazel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

This hotel is really beautiful and luxurious!
You cannot describe it with words.

If you want to visit Marrakesh, stay at this place.
This will definitely give your trip a boost!

The staff are also friendly and very helpfull.
Welcome in paradise!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
ferrai, Guest Relations Manager at Terre Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at our resort, our staff is happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Most of us in this community of travelers can relate you, as there are no words to describe the magnificence of this resort! We work very hard to provide our staff with the appropriate training, therefore we see the results immediately when it is addressed on this forum. Thank you for your compliments, and we hope to see you soon!
Southampton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

My partner and I are fairly well travelled, between us we have visited the majority of Europe, China, Austrailia, NZ, America, Thailand, the Caribbean and stayed in different accomodation, ranging from camping, hostels, B&Bs, average hotels, to 6* hotels. This was my 3rd visit to Africa and my 2nd visit to Marrakech.

We normally have a look at trip advisor before going away but we take the reviews with a pinch of salt and are pretty open minded. This is my first review as I would like to give other visitors a fair view of the hotel. We arrived during a Moroccan holiday and the hotel was fully booked on our first two days.

We were greeted by an arranged transfer - friendly taxi man and he pointed out some of the sights to us. When we arrived at the hotel the staff were welcoming and we were offered a mint tea and some Moroccan pastries, different and a nice touch!

We were then led to our rooms, on first impressions the hotel looks great! Gardens are beautiful, pool area is lovely. When we got to our room we were pleased with the size and, as i say, on first impressions looked great! Once the manager had shown us to our room and left us to unpack (after promising to send someome to tune the TV) we realised....no pillows on the bed.....no towels.....no hand towels......no hand soap......shower broken.....army of ants in the bathroom....no instructions to use the safe....ok not a problem, we were happy to relax in the sun and sort out those details later, we had been up for a long time and were not in the mood to complain as we had only just arrived!

After a few hours in the sun we went to reception to get somebody to help us with the safe - they said they would meet us there so my partner went back to the room and waited. 15 minutes later he returned - still no one had turned up. He went back and waited again, then back to reception to say he was waiting, then somebody eventually came to help unlock and programme the safe.

Later in the afternoon we returned to the room for before dinner. I telephoned reception for them to bring pillows and towels. We waited an hour, as we knew they were very busy - no pillows or towels. We went to reception again and asked for pillows and towels and returned to our room to wait. Half an hour later a maid arrives with two dirty pillows - smelly, dusty and with human hair on them. Still no towels. Again we were too tired to complain so we took the pillows and asked her for towels- which she brought.

After all of these niggles, we thought we would just eat at the hotel and head in to the town centre in the morning. After a very average dinner in the lovely surroundings we headed back to the room. Just as I was getting into bed...a cockroach scuttles across the room. We didn't think much of it as we were in Africa and assumed it was a one off.

In the morning we were greeted by friendly, smiley staff - breakfast was average. Lots of flies in the dusty dining room. I didn't mind the little birds flying around the dining room but I could see why they would not be liked by some people. Many of the tables were not laid and dead flowers on the tables from the previous evening.

We caught the shuttle bus in to town (which is NOT free) but is easy, cheaper than a taxi and reliable. On the bus with us was a couple and a family, the couple asked our thoughts on the hotel and we explained our experience, they said similar to us, with more implications of no hot water in their room and other things. The family also said they were experiencing the same problems and were not happy. This made my partner and I feel slightly better about how we felt as we are usually extremely laid back.

We spend the majority of our time following this in Marrakech itself to escape the hotel - or by the pool. The pool is lovely but I am not convinced of its cleaning system, there was a piece of cardboard at the bottom of the pool for a couple of days.....

On the 3rd day of our stay we were met with another large cockroach in our room before breakfast (which we left under a glass for the cleaner to find). After breakfast I approached reception and requested to speak to the manager. The receptionist said he would be in later that day and she said she promised she would bring him to speak to me. A short while later, the receptionist came to me by the pool and explained the manager would not be coming to the hotel today and would we like a new room, we thanked her and she said we could come to reeption when we were ready and be shown to our new room. The new room was great - bigger, cleaner, shower that worked, towels, safe that worked and no animals! This new room was offered to us after the Moroccan holiday and the hotel was much quieter.

On our final day we confirmed our pre-booked transfer at breakfast with reception and confimed the time. When we arrived at reception that afternoon and paid our bill they suddenly remembered we had booked our transfer and made some frantic phone calls. The transfer showed up 20 minutes late and did not drop us at the departure door- half way across the car park and we were greeted by a local who "helped" us with our bags and then demanded money - we refused to pay him!

Marrakech is brilliant - this hotel does not reflect the excellent standard of other 5* hotels in Marrakech. The hotel could be fantastic, more cleaners and more staff needed, staff very overworked.

Staff did do their best but not upto 5* standard....I hope this is a fair view of our stay and our experience, I am sure the hotel will respond.....

Room Tip: If you are in a ground floor room you will be able to hear the people above you!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at our resort. Thank you for bringing these comments to our attention, as the only way for managment to take immediate action is when it is brought up, as you have done. We appreciate you taking the time to bringing this to our attention. As you can see we have some wonderful reviews about our personalized attention and service. We strive continuously for our guests satisfaction and when we find out that something is far out of normal we immediately take action to correct this issue. Let me assure you that we have not only considered your comments but have also implemented new policies for our staff, and we are now fine- tuning all the details with our staff so that an occurrence like this does not affect other guest's stay at our resort. Allow me to take this opportunity to apologize for the occurrence. I hope that you will consider our response, and that you allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future and demonstrate that indeed we are up to 5 star standards.
Once again thank you for sharing your comments with our team, and we hope to see you in Marrakech soon!

Been to Terre Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!