“Would return undoutidly!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Terre Resort & Spa

You added Terre Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Terre Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   West Palmaraie | La Palmeraie, Marrakech 40 000, Morocco   |
Ranked #318 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
Gloucestershire
“Would return undoutidly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

I have just returned from a three-night trip to Terre Resort and Spa with my friend (room 233 June 25th to 28th). We had a great time and I cannot get my head around some of the reviews below. This is a four/five start hotel and a restaurant meal was about £20.00 per head with wine - I have travelled to a lot of countries and would say that price was reasonable to say the least. Lunch £7-10.00 per head that’s pretty standard surely!!
The spa treatments we had were amazing (facial/massage) and I would recommend anyone try it out. Yes is it under ground, which is a bit strange, but it is after all an experience!!
Our Riad was clean, well maintained and very comfortable, towels were nice, water was fine, electric all fine and we used the in room safe at no extra charge. Wi-Fi in public areas was free and speedy.
The staff was very attentive and made as much effort as possible to speak English I wonder how many English people who visit try to speak French to them!!
The evening meal service was good but a little slow - but in my mind I would rather wait for something to be cooked freshly than have quick food that has been hanging around!
Breakfast was a little simple - but that said a typical continental arrangement and perfectly acceptable.
The pool was clean and we watched it being cleaned more than once!! The sun beds were luxurious and the umbrellas plentiful - useful in 44 degrees. Towels on all beds first thing in the morning!
The Shuttle was free and maybe a bit hap hazard on timings - but this is North Africa right!!!! The hotel clearly states it is out of town so those who suggested it was too remote obviously didn't research the place in the first instance.
As for those complaining about ants!!! That's like complaining about rain in England!!
This resort was one of the most peaceful places I've ever been - no traffic no next door pool noise no hustle and bustle - just birds and the odd frog in the bushes.
Chez Ali next door (the show) was a random experience but I'm glad I did it, the location was spectacular but the show not quiet what I had expected but for £12 per person it was ok and good to see real local people!
Overall it was an excellent break with fabulous weather and more than comfortable and clean surroundings - we are trying to rebook for later in the year when it's slightly cooler so we can get out more and see more of the city.
A special thanks you to Aziz on Reception (your jokes were amazing) and Abdul (bar) a hard worker who did everything he could to make us welcome and attended too.
A big thanks to the Manager whose business card is at home so I don't have his name - but I will be emailing you very soon.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
ferrai, Guest Relations Manager at Terre Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience at our Resort. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in its entirety and that you also had the opportunity to experience Spa services. We take pride in providing the top of the line service to our guests and strive to provide a memorable guest experience. Thank you for choosing Terre Resort and Spa and for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and we look forward to serving you in the future and catering to your specific needs!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
leeds
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

I think it was built well with the Riad experience in mind but the restaurant is expensive, poor choice... NO more than 4 or five dishes available and expensive.. Dining area is poor so is
The service and decor... Breakfast is shambles...but having said that the reception staff were pleasant... Laila and her husband in reception were polite and attentive etc..
Our friends who stay the week after stated there was no water supply for a full day in June ...
There is also a charge made to use the shuttle bus to town and if more than 4 of you are travelling suggestvuse private taxi.. Gardens are reasonable and so was the pool.The spa is certainly not impressive!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments regarding your experience at Terre Resort and Spa. We apologize for the challenges that your encountered during your stay. As far as the meal options, we are continuously working very hard to enhance the quality and variety of the meals. Our apologies regarding your experience at the restaurant but our Chef is always willing to listen to guests and prepare a different meal, it is just a matter of letting us know and we are more than happy to accommodate your requests. We do also offer a variety of breakfast choices each morning it just depends on the certain packages and rates that our guests’ choose.
We do have to disagree on the shuttle service, we offer complementary shuttle service.
Thank you for your comments as we value your feedback and take your comments very seriously.
Thank you for allowing us to serve you, and we hope to serve you in the future!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011 via mobile

I have just got back from a 3 night stay with the girls. Firstly I don't agree with a lot of the views that other people have written. I found the staff to be very friendly and the language barrier was not a problem, they tried really hard to understand us and speak as much English as they could. The rooms were lovely, they even moved us so our friend could be in the same building as us as she booked later. The food was really nice and eventhough the service was a little slow, we were on holiday so it didn't matter!

We had treatment included in our stay as we booked through groupon but my friend hadn't so the really nice guy at reception didn't charge her for hers which I thought was very generous of them.

The location was absolutely fine if you want a relaxing quieter place and it is only 15-20mins in a taxi to Marrakech itself.

I would definitely recommend going there.

• Stayed June 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share you comments regarding your stay. We are pleased that you and your friends enjoyed your stay in it's entirely, and are very happy that you were treated very well by our friendly staff! Thank you for your comments regarding the service at the Restaurant, and will consider your comments as we value your feedback.
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and we hope to serve you once again in the future!
Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

First thing first it was my first time in Marrakesh, I know that it isn't a rich country and people don't get to travel so much to see differences and "standards" but this can't justify them.
When we arrived none of them ever introduced themselves or explained us the structure of the hotel. Our toilet was really smelly and we had to call them as soon as we got there. They brought an oil burner but we had to wait at least 20 minutes. We found pastries in a plate, they were dry. One of the biggest problems was communication. They don't speak English. We only met a receptionist who did but we still had problems communicating. I'm wondering how it's possible to be work in this field without knowing the basics. Some of them had a really bad attitude. The feeling we had was that they didn't care too much about guests or if they had any problem. On average they were really slow...Sometime really slow. Sometime they didn't turn up at all. You would expect this situation to happen in a 5 stars hotel or as they define themselves a luxury hotel resort. First night I went to the loo at night and I found a cockroach. The woman to manage the Spa didn't respect the opening time and she asked me to write my appointment on her book. I'm not supposed to do that. I'm your guest. The day before I left they had a group of people from Dubai probably. It looks like they had to celebrate something. They came in the pool area after lunch and they started being noisy, also they asked the staff to put some music (aloud). The staff did it without caring of all the others relaxing and chilling by the pool and we were so many. Result? 15 minutes and we all left. The pool area was taken from these rude people. They even broke a glass in the pool area and no one told them off or cleaned the pool. What made our holiday good then? Pool Area (most of the days) and Restaurants. Also Soft Cocktails are the best I ever had but when you plan a holiday you don't want anything which leave a bitter taste in your mouth. Unfortunately we had to live quite a few disappointing experiences. I had the feeling they don't have any knowledge of gardening too, and I was impressed with their garden, beautiful. But they water grass when it's warm and sunny and they cut plants during summer. The grass was getting yellow. Jacuzzi is broken and doesn't work. The location isn't great either. They don't have anyone who check that the staff is doing their job perfectly and if they have someone who does it...Obviously they don't travel so much and have zero knowledge of how to manage a hotel. It's a real shame they have a good structure and they make such a bad use of it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Terre Resort and Spa. Here at Terre Resort and Spa we strive to meet our guests’ expectations. We apologize greatly for the challenges that you experienced during your stay. We take your comments seriously, since that is the only way that we can continuously improve our service. We do hope that you will consider to allow us an opportunity to serve you in the future so that we can cater to your specific needs.
Once again, Thank you for your comments.
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

Having read previous reviews, we were not looking forward to our holiday- how wrong we were. Terre is amazing- beautiful scenery, luxurious suites, excellent customer service from all staff, great choice of food at all times of day- I really do not know where previous guests visited but it certainly wasn't where we went! The young lady on reception was extremely helpful, even with the language barrier she was always helpful. Rooms were cleaned daily and towels changed at least once a day if not more. The waitresses at breakfast were really friendly and smily- you would not want to stay anywhere else.
They provide a shuttle twice a day into Marrakech- 930am and 2pm- they return at 130 and 730 pm- this will save you a £15 taxi ride each way and gives plenty of time for sightseeing as well as eating in the square at night as they set up at 5pm and the shuttle collection point is only 5 mins walk away. Perhaps one more shuttle back later at night would be good so you can experience a full night in town but that is our only 'bad'comment- give it a try you wont be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite-because your'e worth it!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are continuously finding ways to improve our services so that our guests have a memorable stay. Thank you for your comments regarding the shuttle service, as we take your comments seriously.
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and we look forward to serving you in the future!
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

First off, don't be put off by some of the negative reviews given previously - my wife and I read some of the reviews prior to going on holiday but they couldn't have been further from the truth in the end!!

We have an absolutely great time at the Terre - the grounds around the resort were stunning, the rooms were spotless and you always noticed staff were working away to maintain the cleanliness of the place....I never seen one stray cigarette end once in my whole 5 days!

Pool area was excellent - good sized pool, excellent choice of loungers (they even had king-sized bed style loungers, which was excellent when you wanted to relax somewhere comfortable in the sun after a dip in the pool!!) and lots off little break-out areas just off the pool if you wanted to get a break from the sun or have lunch in the shade.

Breakfast was good and food (and ease in ordering) during the day was excellent too, both in terms of traditional Moroccan food and international dishes or snacks...we were worried we wouldn't be able to order much during the day based on some of the previous reviews, but this was simply not the case. The list of options available during dinner could have been better, but food quality itself for the main courses and deserts was excellent and the choice of options available for room service was even better than the restaraunt, which more than made up for things...we found ourselves sitting having dinner in our own private terrace outside our room one night, ordering room service and simply enjoying the sun setting in the lovely weather outside.

What really made the holiday for me was the overall service we received - the staff were superb, always on hand to assist or take your order...you were honestly treated like a king and queen, with everyone so friendly and eager to assist. We took a visit to the Chez Ali on our last night (highly recommended by the way!) and Karim, the resort manager, was on hand to personally pick us up at the end of the show, taking a genuine interest on how we enjoyed it, which was great. Little things like this (and I could go on with other examples!) really gave it the "personal touch" and made a difference, which made for such a special experience during our stay. Aziz, Karim and all the staff in the restaraunt and pool side area in particular really made our holiday one to remember.

I travel quite a lot due to work, so I've had experience of good and bad hotels (both in service and in terms of quality and cleanliness of the hotel) and this place was definitely high up the list of one of my most enjoyable stays in a hotel or resort - the fact that the resort also had free wifi access in the terrace, restaraunt and pool areas helped with this even further and made it so simple to keep in touch with friends and family back home. Location wise, there wasn't too much nearby, but having a free shuttle bus run twice a day (into the old medina) and the things to do within the resort itself easily made up for this.

All in all, I can't recommend the Terre Resort & Spa highly enough - each and every one of the staff we dealt with were excellent, the weather was great and the resort and facilities were superb....what more do you need really!! If you want a relaxing holiday in the sun with picturesque surroundings and great staff, this may well be the place for you!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Regarding the meals we are continuously improving our food offering options and we value your comments.
Overall we strive to improve and provide a higher level of service, your comments only help us serve you at the highest level.
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and hope to serve you in the future! Thank you for choosing Terre Resort and Spa!
Colchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

First off the grounds of this hotel are beautiful and very well cared for. The buildings themselves were probably once very nice but now a little tired! On arrival we were welcomed very nicely and told what time the resteraunt was open but following that trying to get any information out of anyone was a mystery. our first room had no hotel information or local info. We had to be moved due to a malfunctioning shower and cockroaches. In addition the bathroom smelt musty. Our second room was a little better but still in need of some TLC. Both rooms had an empty mini-bar.
The gardens and pool area were lovely. The rest however could result in an essay... The management were most unhelpful and inefficient. The food was awful and very limited in choice, The hotel claims it serves a sumptuous buffet breakfast but our experience was dry rolls and crossaint, a bit of rubbery cheese and very watery scrambled egg... plus plenty of flies. the coffee and orange juice were good though. If you want a bottle of wine its a major trial to get one. When you ask no one seems to know what wine is in the first instance! When you eventually get that message across they only seemed to have a few bottles and certainly no rose'. The staff seemed disorganised and untrained? They were friendly enough but when I complained to the manager that I felt paying the full price for a set menu when I only wanted one course was a bit off I got no where!!! The shuttle bus only runs into the medina twice a day and returns at odd times basically meaning that you get back in time to eat at their restaraunt! We felt that the hotel was going through a change of ownership because the Terre sign was taken down during our stay. We had to move rooms at the end of our stay as the bathroom flooded following a heavy rain storm. All in all a bit of a disappointment but we managed to be quite ammused by the numbers of staff running around achieving very little for very few guests.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Terre Resort. We apologize profusely for the challenges that you encountered during your stay. Please be assured that we maintain the highest standards, and put so much effort into our training and service.

We offer a variety of breakfast choices each morning, and it depends on the certain packages and rates that our guests choose. As far as the shuttle service, we are currently expanding on this service, but do encourage to book shuttle services ahead of time. We also offer discounted taxi transportation service the are exclusively available to Terre Resort guests.

Thank you very much for sharing your comments, your comments have been taken into consideration, since your stay we have done further research and have made modifications were they were necessary. With these comments we are able to continually improve our services. We would like to welcome the opportunity of serving you once again in the wonderful city of Marrakech!

Been to Terre Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!