We are just back after 3 nights in Marrakech at Riad Amina. Marrakech is not short of beautiful and atmospheric accommodations, however Riad Amina is really a good choice for several reasons:
1) The building itself is beautiful and nicely maintained (the original owner was the Moroccan Royal family). Some of the rooms are masterpiece of decoration, and where possible the original details have been maintained giving to the ambiance a very genuine feeling.
2) the location is really strategic, It is at the northern end of the medina, in a very quiet neighborhood (for Marrakech standards) with a very local flavor. We have been around early in the morning and late at night and we felt perfectly safe, lots of local families with children going around doing their own business and lots of friendly people. In 10 minutes walk (but be sure that you understand the directions given by the manager) you will reach one of the main monuments in Marrakech, the beatiful Ben Yussef Madrassa, thal lies near the Musee de Marrakech at the norther end of the main souks. From there your reach the main square through the souks within 15 min. Alternatrively you can reach the main square from the Riad walking out of the souks in 20 min. Near the Riad there is a conveniently located taxi station (Sidi Ben Slimaine). Yes, it is near the Sidi Ben Slimane Mosque, and you will hear the muezzin's pays at 5 am, but believe me, it will not be that bad. And for the rest you will have prefect silence during night.
3) the staff: simply great. The manager (Mariam, but I am not sure that the sopelling is correct) was extremely polite and gave as many useful suggestions, But all of the staff members were very efficient, discrete and courteous. We have been in many nice places around the world but people at Amina made us feeling really at home. Just as example: check out was at noon but our flight was late evening. When we came back to pick up our luggage (stored in the Riad) after a long walk in the medina we felt the need of a shower. Our room was occupied by the new guests but Mariam kindly allowed us to use a different room to get showers and to relax. This was really polite.
4) food: the Riad serves excellent food, and drinks, including alcoholic drinks. The latter are very uncommon in many bars and restaurants in the medina. The former is easy to find in town, however having the possibility to have a very nice dinner in your place is definitely a plus, because sightseeing in Marrakech can be exhausting, and going out for dinner not always the best option.
In summary, it was great, we will surely come back.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Amina Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Amina Hotel
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Riad Amina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.