“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 1,149 Marrakech B&B and Inns
San Jose, CA
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We absolutely loved this riad. It is beautifully decorated and the breakfast served was great. Each afternoon we returned to sit in front of a roaring fire, and were served mint tea and cookies. With only four rooms, there's a lot of attention paid to the individual guests. It is well located for sightseeing. There are two friendly cats in residence as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Beurgit, Propriétaire at Riad Boussa, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Kim and Neil,
Thank you for your kind review on this website.
We did our best to make your stay enjoyable.
The riad is "excellent" you said.
Thank you to share your feeling with the future guests.
Come back when you want for more adventures.
Warmest regards
Brigitte and the Riad BOUSSA team

osaka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed at this Riad in New year 2013.It was so nice interior Riad and had a nice breakfast.
The owner who was so kindness for us.She could just speak in French and English,but she have talked with us politely.(we are japanese.) Although I just think that is a little bit a far and dark street from Place Djamaa el Fna to the Riad,you will see a warm and peaceful place in here. If I go to Marrakech next time,I wanna stay there again!! Thank you Madam! I have never forget what she said that "you are not Japanese!" at say good bye.I'll be back soon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed 3nights in the end of the year.
Upon stepping inside, I was fascinated by the atmosphere!
Beautiful setting, stylish furniture, bouquet of roses decorated on a table, and nice music.
Especially I love the fire place. Every night I enjoyed reading books with drinking mint tea beside the fire place. Cut cat is always come to sitting next to me.

The room is cozy, and warm enough without heater.
Every night, small moroccan sweets are served with a message card "We wish you a good night". (Yes, I could sleep very well!)

We had the last dinner of the year at Riad. It was the best meal in this trip. I miss their Cous Cous!

Thanks to warm hospitality of Brigitte, Ali and riad boussa staffs, I really enjoyed my staying. It was the most memorable birthday and new year.
I made a reservation through e-mail, and exchanged message with Brigitte several times before my trip. She is kind enough to gave me quick reply at all time, and gave me a lot of useful information. It was my first trip to Morocco, but thanks to Brigitte, I could visit Marrakesh without worry.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Beurgit, Propriétaire at Riad Boussa, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Noriko,

Your birthday and the new Eve at Riad BOUSSA. Specials occasions.. You spent good time at home, it's very nice from you to share your felling with the futures guests.
I remember the moment when I went upstairs to ask you if you wanted something and I found you asleep in the sofa near the fire-place..like at home..
You enjoyed everything with pleasure, free time at Riad BOUSSA, dinners and hammam...
I'm happy to read your stay will be memorable.
Boussas (kisses) from us to you and Hisahsi of course.
Brigitte and Riad BOUSSA staff
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is the third review I have written for Riad Boussa, and I think this has been the best stay yet!!!!!

Ali & Brigitte make the best breakfasts ever, and they serve them either on the roof terrace or the lounge area downstairs at whatever time you like! The team simply can't do enough for you, they make dinner reservations, give you maps and directions and also arrange trips. They also arrange your transport to and from the airport.

It is also ideally located, 5 minutes walk from Jemma el Fnaa and the Koutobia Mosque which is ideal as it is virtually impossible to get lost!

Rooms are cosy and comfortable, with big bathrooms and authentic Moroccan décor. We also had fresh flowers and bottled water.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Beurgit, Propriétaire at Riad Boussa, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hello Tracy and Jon, of course !! What can I say ? Only a big THANK YOU for your message !!
Third stay and I'm sure not the last one.....We will find something special especially for you next time.. Boussa for Ali and I.
Brigitte
Riad BOUSSA
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

had a real good stay at Riad Boussa, very cozy and homey. loved the interior and atmosphere that are very sofisticated and relaxing. the owner is a french woman so that explains. i believe most riads owned and run by the local families would be a bit different, probably more strictly islamic feeling to them. the reason why a half star is missing is i hit my back really badly in the dark bathroom with the tap strangely sticking out at the middle of the bathtub, i had to shower in a squatting position as enough hotwater wasnt coming out. but as long as you're careful and OK with no hairdrier use after 11pm, you'll enjoy a wonderful stay and service here. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. 初日のdinnerはここで食べましたが、すごくおいしいわけではありません。遅くて疲れてたしまあいいか、というのが本音です。

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Beurgit, Propriétaire at Riad Boussa, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
The Limoun room is the biggest room of the riad, room for 3 or 4 people, very confortable with two big beds, booked very often like a twin room for only two people with the double room price.
The bathroom with bathtub is warmed in winter by the fire-place situated in the lounge next to the room (same wall).
Sincerely, there is, in this room, all that you expect to be enjoyed and relaxed, except the tab of the bathtub !!! Sorry but it's easy to go inside and outside without any trouble..and it's not too long to have hot water, only few seconds like in all the riads renovated.
The dinner wasn't so tasty ?? Unbelievable....
At least, the Riad BOUSSA is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED....but we have lost a star and finally not an half star.....We don't understand very well but that's life...
But thank you to recommend the Riad BOUSSA, we try to do the best every days....
Brigitte and the Riad BOUSSA staff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

traveled Marakkesh by myself and stayed Risd Boussa 3 nights.
The all of staff were so kind and every furniture were so cute. The owner, Brigitte gave me a map and told me the best way to go around Marakkesh. It is good Riad when the girl travels alone.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Beurgit, Propriétaire at Riad Boussa, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Hanae, I know you are busy actually (nice holidays in New-York I hope) so thank you for review. We spent good time with you and were enjoyed to share our Marrakech experience with you.
Come back one day for more adventures !!
Happy New Year !!
Brigitte and Riad BOUSSA's staff
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Our visit to Riad Boussa in Marrakech, Morocco was indeed a spectacular one. A warm welcome, beautiful setting, lovely room and charming staff made all the difference from the other accomodations we had in Morocco. I was impressed with the special touches like fresh roses in our room, its cleanliness, the comfortable beds, lovely and fully stocked bathroom with plush, soft towels. The guest lounge areas were also comfy, clean and relaxing with softly lit candles and soothing music playing day and night, ideal for my journal writing and photo recording each afternoon or evening. Coming back in the evening, we were given fresh hot mint tea and cookies, a welcomed treat since we were tired, cold and hungry for a snack. Our breakfasts were delicious each morning! Having the owner Bridgette there on the premises with her dedicated and charming staff was indeed a plus for us in feeling safe and truly more like her houseguests instead of paid guests. The location was perfect for us as we were able to do all that we had planned, since good food and shopping were just minutes away at
Djema el-fna.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Beurgit, Propriétaire at Riad Boussa, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear Janice and Wayne,
A review from Hawaï !! Wonderful !! Thank you for your message.
To welcome your nice family was really a pleasure. Your grand-son Ryan was so cute !!
I don't know if I will plan a trip one day in your country but surely I will contact you or your daughter.
We remember Wayne's birthday, of course !!
Thank you again.