“How to experience the real morocco” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #10 of 1,046 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“How to experience the real morocco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Fantastic experience. Brigitte (the owner) and Ali (the manager) made our stay wonderful. Very attentive and professional they gave us the peace we need it after all day in the souks. We will definitely go back. Brigitte is also a great organiser, ask anything and she will satisfy your request in not time. A place to be experienced

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

789 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

the riad is beautifull. the owner is really polite and kind, she can organized all the trip you like to do, such as desert tour and cities, not to mention cookery courses. the riad is very clean, the staff is polite and kind. staying there you can enjoy the medina, the souk and the market and the peace of a private place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Riads are a somewhat quirky but comfortable alternatives to staying at hotels in Moroccan cities. We were recommended to stay at Riad Boussa in Marrakech, and we are very pleased that we had the experience. The owner, Brigitte, speaks good English so there was no difficulty in making the reservation. She asked us to call when we arrived in Marrakech so that she could send the 'trolley man' to collect our luggage and ourselves from the nearby drop-off point, since vehicles are not permitted in the old part of the medina in which Raid Boussa is located. We followed our guide down ever-smaller laneways until we arrived at the Riad's unimposing front door.
There were only a few rooms set around a small courtyard. Tiny by hotel size, but bright and clean, and there was no mistaking that one was in Morocco as the decor was shabby chic Moroccan. Quite delightful. Brigitte gave us helpful sightseeing information. Since we had a prior diner arrangement, we did n not eat at Riad Boussa until breakfast the following morning. We had this on the rooftop terrace, three levels up and overlooking an assortment of rooftops. Breakfast was typically Moroccan inspired, with fresh yoghurt, fruit, juice and baguette, and a choice of eggs. All done very nicely.
The pity was that we only had one night there as I would have like to taste the tajine that I smelled cooking in the kitchen!
We would recommend Riad Boussa for an unpretentious and enjoyable stay when visiting Marrakech. Don't expect vast rooms, but the cuteness and colourfulness is part of the experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This was definitely one of the perks of my short trip to Marrakesh from June 23-26, 2012. Situated about a ten minute walk from the main square Jemma el Fna. this very cozy, beautifully decorated Riad was truly comfortable and more importantly very clean! The shower area for our room was spacious with strong water pressure that was fantastic at the end of a long, hot walk through the Souks. The owner, Bridgette, was extremely helpful and pleasant, and her staff like Jamella and Ali made sure we had what we needed and served a delicious breakfast (that changed every morning) and much appreciated mint tea in the afternoons when we needed to wind down. Beds are comfortable in the rooms and lots of space to lounge around when needing some time to cool your heels or escape from the heat. Would go back and stay there again! Shukran to the staff of Riad Boussa.

Room Tip: There are rooms with either a matrimonial bed or two single beds, so depends on how many you are tra...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Excellent in all regards. Clean, stylish and well run riad. Bridgitte, the propiretor was very attentive and helpful for all needs including travel, maps, itinerary recommendations, places to eat and shop. Her assistant Ali even took the time to show me where to find a taxi at 4am when I needed a cab to get me to the train station.

Room Tip: All rooms as far as I could tell were excellent and quiet. The location of this riad is perfectly si...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Beurgit, Propriétaire at Riad Boussa, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Hello Philip !! An american guest at Riad BOUSSA like before the arabic spring. Before this time we welcomed so many american people... We were glad to welcome you of course. You appreciated everything at Riad BOUSSA, thank you. You gave an "english" course to Ali who was happy to help you early in the morning because you were a little bit worried. Service 5 stars at Riad BOUSSA !! Thank you to have shared your feeling with the future guests. You can be our travel agent in your country. Warmest regards. Brigitte and Ali, of course !!
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Immense gratitude to the staff at Riad Boussa. You are first class.
It was more wonderful than the pictures -always lovely music and a wonderful scent.

To the 2 French femmes- Thank you for leaving my room immaculate. Jamila- for washing the henna mud off my arms. I tried to find the equivalent of your cookies around town, but they were no where to be found.

Praise to Ali. Handed me tissues within the first 10 minutes of my arrival. Good idea not wanting me to sweat a monsoon all over the cat. Always went the extra mile like predicting that I would have no spacial recognition, thus yelling down the street to turn the other way. Or running to the store when I wanted that "reallllly good yogurt." Or escorting me the Majorelle Jardin when I didn’t think I had enough time to go. Or setting up the appointment at Le Bain Bleu when there are too many hammams to choose from and blah blah blah.

Yes, go ahead, choose Riad Boussa. It’s flawless.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Beurgit, Propriétaire at Riad Boussa, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Dear Leigh-Ann. Thank you for your review. My staff took care of you during my holidays. They made their best for you. You realised and appreciated everything, perfect !! Thank you to share your feeling with the future guests.
Come back later, I will be enjoyed to welcome you, Ali, Jamila and Zineb too !!
Warmest regards
Brigitte Riad BOUSSA
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

I love this wonderful riad! (Clean room, nice breakfast! ) The owner of this riad was so kind person and always helped me to enjoy the trip in Marrakech. Thanks to her and staff, I had a great time there! Hope I can stay there again!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Riad Boussa? Share your experiences!