“Faultless” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad le Clos des Arts

Save Saved
You added Riad le Clos des Arts to your Saves list
Riad le Clos des Arts
Riad Zitoune Jdid, Derb Tbib 50 | Near Dar Si Said and Bahia Palace, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #3 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
London
“Faultless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I've waited a couple of weeks since visiting before writing this review, as I wasn't entirely sure if I could put into writing how fantastic this place is. Even now, I don't think anything that I write can do this beautiful Riad any justice.

My husband and I visited Marrakech for a long weekend to celebrate my 40th birthday. Within minutes of confirming our booking via the Escapio website, I had received an email from Giorgina and Massimo to confirm the booking, request our flight details to arrange airport pick up, and ask if we wanted to eat at the Riad on our arrival night. Good vibes so far!!

On arrival at Marrakech airport, our driver was waiting for us in arrivals (as stated) and drove us to the Riad. We were taken down back streets to find this beautiful building and although it was a matter of metres from hustle and bustle, was in fact, very quiet. On arrival, we were treated to Mint Tea (the best we tasted at all during our visit) and pastries, whilst Giorgina provided us with a detailed map of Marrakech, which also, on the reverse, provided a more magnified map of the Souk area, which was invaluable (and having spoken to some other English tourists whilst out there, this is not something that is generally provided by other establishments). Giorgina went into a great deal of detail with the map; areas to avoid at night, areas where you will find specific items, locations of interest etc etc.

We were then shown to our room, which was beautiful, clean and tidy and provided everything we would need.

Our meal that evening was delicious and I would certainly recommend that anyone staying here enjoy at least one evening meal.

The following morning was my birthday and when we went to our breakfast table, I was greeted with a vase of Roses, with a note wishing me happy birthday from the team, which was a lovely touch. Breakfast each morning was delicious (fruit, fresh juice, yogurt, pastries and the option of eggs). Each morning the fresh fruit and fresh juice were different, but lovely.

Another birthday gift of a beautiful pair of moroccan slippers were given to me by Giorgina after our day of exploring and no matter how busy Giorgina or Massimo were, they would always take the time to come over and greet you, ask you about your day etc etc.

The building itself is beautiful and peaceful. In addition to Giorgina, Massimo and Adriana, the entire staff were friendly and helpful and always smiling.

I want to carry on writing, because I really don't want to miss anything out and I also want to make sure that I get across exactly how fantastic I thought this place was. I have stayed in many lovely places, which I have thought could never be topped, but after having stayed here, I really think anywhere I visit in future will be hard-pushed to match Riad le Clos des Arts. I will definitely stay here again whenever I visit Marrakech.

Thank you to Giorgina, Massimo and Adriana - you made my 40th birthday one that I will never ever forget.

856 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Greek first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

From the moment we arrived, it was outstanding. Giorgina, Massimo and their staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful, and really made us feel at home. The Riad was beautiful, very comfortable and ideally placed - near enough that it was within easy walking distance to anything, but hidden away so that it was peaceful and relaxing. The food - both the breakfast and the meal in the evening - was first class. I couldn't recommend this Riad enough - we will definitely be coming back to Marrakech, and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

Eagle Pass, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

The Riad is run by an amazing couple that truly want to enhance your experience in Marrakech. The location is in the Medina, but in an area that is easy to get in and out of. The breakfast is homemade, fresh and exciting. The employees were there to help at any time of the day or night and appeared to truly be interested in making you feel at home. My only complaint is that I was only there for three nights. I have stayed in two other riads during a previous trip. This place was my best experience so far.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We were so delighted to discover the Riad le Clos des Arts. Staying there was one of the highlight of our two week vacation in Morocco. The hosts, Giorgina and Massimo greeted and treated us like we were members of their family. Our visit began when Massimo greeted our driver at the parking lot, and personally escorted us to the Riad. We walked down winding alley ways to come upon a wooden door. When we entered, we came upon a Paradise that was so incredibly beautiful. We were welcomed with mint tea and cookies, and then Massimo sat down with us, with a map of Marrakech and explained all the sights, routes (so we wouldn't get lost) where to eat and just wonderful advice that helped us to enjoy Marrakech. We were then shown to our rooms that were all different color themes, but beautifully decorated in Moroccan décor. The riad is located in the Medina, and it was a short walk to restaurants and the main square.

We decided to dine at the Riad our last night, and Giorgina sat down with us and customized our menu. Our dinner was superb, one of our best dinners in Morocco. Breakfasts on the rooftop terrace were very plentiful, and beautifully served. Everyone was extremely accommodating, and served us no matter how early we needed to leave.

We were traveling with another couple and the four of us just loved being at this riad. It was truly an oasis in Marrakech. We could not imagine a more perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying here for 3 nights. First trip to Marrakech and first time using Trip Advisor to choose a place to stay. The owners Giorgina and Massimo could not have been more welcoming and helpful from great advice on what to see and where to eat as well as tips to avoid getting lost and staying safe. Booked restaurants for us and arranged car transfers, made a short stay effortless and enjoyable. The Riad is in a fab location making getting about easy on foot or by taxi/tour bus. A short walk into the main square where you can feel part of the huddle and bustle or relax in a very peaceful Riad depending on your mood! We had dinner at the Riad on the first night and the food was very tasty. All the staff are so friendly. Highly recommend to anyone!

• Stayed November 2013
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed several nights at Riad le Clos des Arts based on TripAdvisor reviews, and could not have been happier with the choice. The riad is beautiful -- quiet, peaceful, and very tastefully decorated -- and the staff is friendly and attentive. Giorgina arranged a car to meet us at the airport when we arrived in Marrakech, then met us at the nearest drop-off point to walk with us to the riad (because cars cannot enter much of the medina, it is a few minutes walk to the riad from the nearest vehicle-accessible point). While a porter went ahead with our luggage, Giorgina pointed out landmarks so that we could easily find our way back to the riad on our own. On arrival, she spent 20 minutes or so going over the map of Marrakesh, pointing out recommendations for restaurants, sites and walking routes.

We stayed at the riad twice (at the beginning and again at the end of our trip to Morocco), so we stayed in two different rooms, Citrine and Ambre. Both were perfectly large enough for a couple, and were beautifully decorated. All of our meals (breakfasts on the roof, and dinner one night at the riad) were excellent.

As great as the house was, it was Giorgina and Massimo that really made the stay memorable. We enjoyed talking with them about their travels and their life in Morocco -- both have lived and worked in various places throughout Africa. We could not have asked for better hosts.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

What a fabulous place to stay, in the heart of the Medina yet just tucked away for a good nights kip! Georgina and Massimo were the perfect hosts. The staff were exceptional, very friendly and attentive. Having food allergies is always a little bit of a burden when travelling but they catered to my needs going above and beyond. The dinner we had the night we arrived was superb, the soup in fact was one of the best I have had. Followed by a delicious tagine - simply delicious. The rooms were cleaned daily and the decor was beautiful. I was lucky enough to get engaged whilst we were there and upon return we were welcomed by rose petals scattered with a heart shape on the bed. We look forward to stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad le Clos des Arts? Share your experiences!