I can't say how much my wife and I enjoyed staying at the Riad le Clos Arts.
Throughout our stay at the Riad, Georgina and the staff looked after us very well indeed. When we arrived, Georgina talked us through the city, where to go and when, what to see in the daytime, what to avoid at nighttime, and so on. Whenever we wanted anything, it was there, with a smile and no fuss.
The Riad itself is delightful, a wonderful mix of traditional hand-crafted wood and bold approaches to colour and pattern. It managed to be both beautiful and comfortable at the same time. Our room was large, lovely and was kept completely clean the entire time we were there, with fresh bed linen, towels, shampoo etc.
Our stay was arranged as part of a group and we got to enjoy a private banquet and belly-dance! Amazing! The meals in the Riad were out of this world...the salads fresh, exploding with flavour...the tagines and couscous fragrant and tender...even breakfast each day was an exotic treat.
It was our first time in Marrakech and the we found the city quite seductive - lots to see and do, wonderful smells and sights, and the feeling of being somewhere that was both entirely alien but at the same time very welcoming. I had always imagined that we would get hassled in the Souks, but actually the experience was manageable and enjoyable - I didn't have any sense of overly aggressive selling...most people were friendly and pretty relaxed - although it is good to go out at a time of the day when the Medina is a little less crowded.
One word of advice - our taxis to and from the airport were arranged through Georgina at the Riad, as part of the stay, and this really took the anxiety out of arrival and departure. This really is the way to go!
Thanks Georgina and your lovely staff for everything...we can't wait to come back!
- Also Known As:
- Riad Le Clos Des Arts Hotel
- Riad Le Clos Des Arts Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a narrow street of the Medina of Marrakech come and discover Riad le Clos des Arts: a charming Arab house renovated in pure Moresque style. Be seduced by this fascinating oriental atmosphere, be tempted by the authenticity of traditional Moroccan flavours, be refreshed by a plunge into the small pool on the terrace.The riad offers 4 suites and 2 rooms, all with ensuite bathrooms and the possibility to have dinner on order. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Riad le Clos des Arts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.