“Beautiful hotel, great location, excellent service, and friendly hosts!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad le Clos des Arts

Save Saved
You added Riad le Clos des Arts to your Saves list
Riad le Clos des Arts
Riad Zitoune Jdid, Derb Tbib 50 | Near Dar Si Said and Bahia Palace, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #3 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Beautiful hotel, great location, excellent service, and friendly hosts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I visited at the end of August 2013 and stayed 4 nights. We couldn't have asked for a better hotel in Marrakech.

I would 100% recommend getting the airport transfer service from the Riad - it wasn't terribly expensive, and regardless, it was the best money we spent. The streets of Marrakech have VERY few signs on them, and the last thing you want to have to do is haggle with a cab or deal with a packed bus with your luggage and find your way by yourself. A driver will meet you at the airport (although, ours was late), and drive you in a clean and comfortable van to a small little square just off the main city square. There, Massimo (one of the hotel owners) will meet you and help you bring your luggage to the Riad.

After you arrive, Massimo will give you a map and a lay of the land. This information was invaluable - I suggest you not rush through it. He has great advice about where to go (and not go), how to act, how to shop, what to do, and other very good practical advice.

We arrived at night so we decided to have dinner at the Riad, which was honestly the best place meal we had the entire trip (until we had dinner again at the Riad on the last night, which was the best meal we had the entire trip). I would definitely suggest eating there at least one night. If you want to eat out, Giorgina and Massimo can provide recommendations (or you can consult your own guidebook, either way) - their recommendations were also very good.

We stayed on the second level in the Turquoise Room, which was clean, spacious, and gorgeous. No complaints at all. The second level is probably preferable since the first level also serves as office and "lobby" space and may have slightly less privacy (although, all the rooms have wooden doors for privacy purposes).

The rooftop was cute and quiet (which was amazing given how close you are to the hustle and bustle of the main square). Pretty much every day, after a day trip or just a long day of walking through the city, my wife and I would return to the Riad and take a swim in the pool on the roof - so unbelievably refreshing and private.

One last comment - the staff was superb. Massimo and Giorgina (the owners) really are the nicest and most helpful people. At the end of the trip, my wife commented that she felt like they were our new close friends. They've led such interesting lives and are a real joy to speak with and get to know. Furthermore, they've hired an AMAZING staff. I couldn't say enough good things about the Riad's staff. They were always available to help with smiles on their faces (goes to show you how well they are treated by Giorgina and Massimo). The cook, as I mentioned above, was amazing, and the other members of the staff were just fantastic.

I could probably go on and on about how great this Riad is, but I'll go ahead and stop now. I highly recommend staying at Riad le Clos des Arts, and with the value it provides, it's really a no brainer.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Turquoise Room, which is on the second level away from the main "lobby" a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Greek first
Shrewsbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We have been to Marrakech before and stayed in lovely Riad's, however Riad Clos Des Arts is excellent and outstanding from the moment we were met by Giorgina when we arrived at the parking area...because Giorgina and Massimo make the whole experience special, by welcoming and making you feel so at ease and genuinely enthusing about your stay and meeting you.

Since we booked they could not have done more but their game is upped even more on arrival as they seek to help you get the very best out of your stay in Marrakech, as they ply you with mint tea and Moroccan biscuits...

A perfect position quietly situated just off the Riad Zitoun Jdid and a short walk to the main square of Djemma el Fnaa....

Clos Des Arts itself is so cosy and every room seems special...you would not be disappointed with any of them...we stayed in the Nacre Suite on the ground floor which suited us fine and we had breakfast on the enclosed roof terrace with it's private sunbathing area and plunge pool to retreat from the hubbub of Marrakech and it's souks. Rooms had hairdryers ...wifi was available

A bureau de change just around the corner on Riad Zitoun Jdid is handy!

Every meal is a delight and the dinners dished up by Leila, are alone worth visiting Riad Clos Des Arts for!

Each day we returned to our oasis it was like coming home and relaxing with mint tea or refreshing ginger drinks.....

Giorgina and Massimo arranged a special gala evening for our party and a group of visiting friends and prepared a special menu....you could not have bettered the food anywhere in Marrakech!

Our only disappointment was we had only 4 nights here where we wanted to stay longer! We plan to visit again.... inshallah!

Thank you so much Giorgina Massimo.... Leila and your team!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Nacre suite which was ground floor so great for those who struggle with steps and...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
uttoxeter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were very impressed with the riad clos des artes. The riad itself is absolutely beautiful, a very calm and tranquil place to relax after exploring the souks.

Giorgina and Massimo were excellent hosts, giving us local information, spa and cooking class recommendations and tips for first timers. They even recommended a good place to buy moroccan carpets!
The staff at the riad were very friendly and attentive, and always greeted us with a smile. The breakfast and dinner at the riad was also delicious!

The riad is a short walk from the main square so is perfectly located to explore the city, it is also nr the bank where you can top up on dirhums and there is a taxi rank nearby too if you need it.

We had a great time and really appreciate the warm welcome we received.
Highly recommended, especially if it is your first trip to Marrakech.

Shukran and Grazie Giorgina and Massimo!

Charlotte and Joe

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Staying with Giorgina and Massimo at Riad le Clos des Arts is such an amazing experience. From the first moment of contacting them directly to book a room to my departure with Giorgina helping with my luggage and Massimo riding up on a bicycle to say goodbye, the experience was a delight.
I spent four nights at the riad at the end of September / beginning of October and was allowed to use my room the final day until I headed out for my flight in the early evening.

Breakfasts on the roof terrace were delicious feasts with yogurt, fresh fruit, homemade breads and jams, eggs, fresh juice, tea and coffee. The room was comfortable and beautifully decorated. In many ways it is more like visiting a friend's home than booking an hotel. Giorgina and Massimo are available for advice on getting the most out of visiting Marrakech, or scheduling tours or a visit to a modern Hammam. (which I booked and loved -- after a day in the mountains).

Arranging for my pick up at 2:00am after a delayed flight, Iced lemon and ginger in the late afternoon, relaxed conversations with Massimo, arranging the visit to the hammam later in the evening after being out all day -- where else on the planet could this be done with such ease?

There is a climate of respect and a love of their work between Giorgina and Massimo and their staff that creates amazing hospitality. With respect for the culture and customs of their workers, work schedules allow time for family; daily lunch meetings keep things running smoothly; bonuses are available for excellent service. All of this enables a professional staff to work with warmth and sincerity to provide exceptional service.

Thank you, Giorgina and Massimo, for such an unforgetable experience,

Mary from Sacramento

Room Tip: My room was off the lobby
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I honestly don't know where to begin my review of Riad le Clos des Arts, was it the exceptional service, the amazing food, the wonderful location, the attention to detail, the attentiveness of our hosts Giorgina and Massimo, in the end it was all this and more that made our stay in Marrakech simply amazing.

Marrakech is a daunting place for even seasoned travellers, you need the experience of locals, and right from the start Georgina and Massimo looked after us like family, our pickup from the airport dropped as close to the Riad as possible, and before we could pull out the map and start wondering what we'd gotten ourselves into, we were met by staff with a trolley, and guided through the apparent maze that is Marrakech to the door of the Riad, our luggage was spirited to our room while Massimo gave us an introduction to Marrakech, all whilst we sipped on mint tea and cookies.

This sort of personal and attentive service continued throughout our stay, I simply cannot list all the individual niceties that we experience whilst staying at Clos des Arts, I'd need to write a novel. After a long day haggling in the markets, Giorgina would offer us a cold ginger drink to refresh, or organise a digestive tea after a dinner. Massimo helped us with reputable guides and drivers, all making our stay much more relaxing. On our last night we had dinner at the Riad, it was specially setup for us, and after eating at La Sultana the night before, I can honestly the say the food was far superior at Clos des Arts, and served as if we were part of the family.

I'll say it like this, if you are heading to Marrakech, you need give no more thought were to stay, Riad Clos des Arts is like staying with family right in the heart of Marrakech, I cannot wait to come back and see Giorgina and Massimo for another stay in wonderful Marrakech.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 'Citrine' room, and it was lovely.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlisle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I've just returned from 4 days in the Riad le Clos Arts. The location is fantastic (though suspect most would need help to find it the first time) being very close to the centre but up a quiet back street which means there is little noise. Entering the riad is like stepping back in time, it is beautiful and decorated to a high spec.

The staff are amazing, from the welcome provided by Massimo and Giorgina to all the restaurant and room staff. Nothing is too much bother, it feels extremely relaxed but all staff are willing to go above and beyond to make the stay perfect. Even on arrival Massimo helped get my bearings by talking me through the area and then showing me round the neighbourhood so that I could find my way back to the riad. We took his advice around restaurants and also ate in the riad a few times (which was always excellent).

The breakfasts were a true highpoint: always fresh juice, homemade yoghurt, fresh fruit, home made jam, a choice of breads and omelettes. Amazing way to start the day sitting on the roof eating such great food.

I stayed in the smallest and cheapest room but it it was pretty spacious and had all the amenities I could need (inc safe).

I would wholeheartedly recommend this riad and if you go, try the homemade lemon and ginger drink!

Thanks Massimo and Giorgina!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The Riad is only five minutes away from the most famous square Jameaa el-Fnaa . From the first moment you enter in the Riad you receive a warm welcome from Massimo and Giorgina. They show great hospitality by offering you tea and it doesn’t take long before you feel at home. The fresh smell of jasmine pervades all your senses. The architecture and the refined decorations are the result of the exquisite Moroccan style implemented by Massimo and Giorgina. The elegant rooms each of which has its own design and style, makes this Riad unique in its genre. The terrace offers not only a comfortable place to have your breakfast or dinner , but also a swimming pool, where you can rest and relax after a long day out in the heat of the city.
You can taste the wonderful and exquisite Morocco cuisine, tagine and Moroccan traditional homemade soup, with the soft light of candles and Moroccan-style lamps. Fresh cakes are baked every morning, and organic and homemade jams are all products of Georgina’s expertise.
The staff is friendly and really professional. They are always keen to help you and make your stay unforgettable; yes it is a really unique experience. I personally recommend the Riad Les Clos des Art as a fantastic place for an unforgettable holiday.
Roberto from London

Room Tip: the rooms are really comfortable, It is really quite and
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Riad le Clos des Arts? Share your experiences!