“Beauty and loving care awaits you....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad le Clos des Arts

Save Saved
You added Riad le Clos des Arts to your Saves list
Riad le Clos des Arts
Riad Zitoune Jdid, Derb Tbib 50 | Near Dar Si Said and Bahia Palace, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Special Offer
END OF SUMMER 2014
Ranked #3 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
Los Angeles, California
“Beauty and loving care awaits you....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My family had the great good fortune to stay at le clos des arts this summer - the riad was one of the highlights of our perfect marrakech holiday. Prior to the trip I spent a lot of time reading reviews, looking at photos and just knew THIS place was special. I had no idea how special until we walked through the doors and were greeted with such genuine loving care by massimo and giorgina. True beauty and care has gone into every detail in this lovely gem of a home. And we truly felt at home there. Some of our best dinners were at the riad, and breakfast was perfect every morning. When we wanted food outside M + G always had great suggestions. We were guided to the most beautiful spa for a hammam,, cooking classes in the home of a wonderful local. I have traveled the world and stayed at some of the best hotels and this riad is at the top of my list. I look forward to going back to my marrakesh home and family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Greek first
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited at the beginning of July. The Riad was a peaceful oasis after an overwhelming and hot day in the markets. The owners were welcoming and kind and the food was the best we had on our trip. I would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My partner and I stayed here at Easter and had the most wonderful experience. Everything that we had read about it from the other reviews was absolutely accurate, and we loved it and would encourage everyone to stay there if they can. I endorse all the other positive comments about it.

One thing that really made a difference was that Giorgina and Massimo are originally from Europe but have lived abroad and specifically Morocco for many years. Which means that they completely understand what Europeans need from their stay in Marrekech, and when they recommend something you know it's from genuine understanding, and not because it's their family/friend that will benefit from their advice. They took real time to find out what we wanted to do, and everything that they suggested was exactly right.

The food also was fantastic, especially the wonderful breakfasts which were delicious and a real treat. And I wish we had had more dinners there, as we didn't find anything else as good elsewhere.

It's a brilliant location, very safe and secluded but within five minutes walk of everything, and the rooms are delightful and the staff really lovely. I would stay here again if I came back without any reservation.

Room Tip: We had a look at all of them (except one on the ground floor) and they were all lovely.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Before travelling to Marrakech we did a lot of online research as it seemed like a city you would not want to be caught out in...After looking at Trip Advisor reviews we chose Riad le Clos de Arts. I still feel moved thinking about our stay - it would be an understatement to say it was AMAZING! From the moment we arrived at Marrakech Airport we were swiftly picked up by hotel transfer and taken to the Riad where we were welcomed by Massimo. Greeted with tea, biscuits and an overview of this colourful city, we felt at home straight away. It was great to get the local insights and made us feel confident navigating the city streets and markets from the very beginning. The Riad arranged a tour of the city for us which again was a wonderful way to find our feet and venture into some of the more authentic city sights. The Riad also arranged a day trip into the Atlas Mountains for us which was an absolute highlight. While there are many restaurants to choose from in Marrakech, we chose to have dinner on the Riad Terrace both nights. Mouthwatering authentic Moroccan food, great service and all in the peace and privacy of our 'home away from home'. Thank you Giorgina and Massimo for your heartfelt hospitality.
Omen and Kobi (Australia)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This is not a riad. It's a beautifully designed, sweepingly beautiful private home!

From the moment that Massimo's driver arrived in the busy square near to the riad, a friendly face appeared (Massimo) to escort my elderly mother and I to the riad, I knew that we were going to have a wonderful time.

And we did! We felt like we were staying at an old friends' sprawling peaceful house. The customer service from their staff was exceptional, the food was amazing (I couldn't get enough of the home made apricot jam with crumpets for breakfast!) and the contrast of the cool quiet calm of the riad as compared to the hot, busy havoc of the souks was a god send!

Thank you so much to both of you for looking after us so well. The next time we are in Marrakech, we shall most definitely stay with you.

Room Tip: loved the turquoise room where we stayed. the stucco work on the ceiling was just stunning.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Giorgina and Massimo run a beautiful hotel that feels more like a home. From my first contact with them via email I knew this was a good choice. Once you close the door of the Riad after you enter, it's as though the chaos and craziness of Marrakesh ceases to exist - until you are ready to face it again. The rooms are large and comfortable, the décor is beautiful, the food was the best we had in Morocco, and the advice from Massimo was invaluable. We ate on the rooftop terrace, where the kitchen and serving staff were friendly and efficient. I only wish we had eaten there every night. I enjoyed the small pool on the roof, and lounging with a book for a couple of hours.

I do not know if or when I will revisit Morocco, but if I do there is nowhere else I would want to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My mother took me here as a present for my 21st birthday. Just two girls being in Marrakech was quite a daunting thought at first but everything about the Riad made it such an amazing and comfortable stay.

When we arrived we were greeted with an ice cold mint tea and a 3 course meal, cooked by the amazing chef.

The staff at the Riad were so friendly and helpful, nothing seemed to be too much to ask - couldn't fault them one little bit! Me and my mum wanted to take one of the staff members, Mohammed home with us, he was so lovely.

We only spent a few nights in the Riad, but the rooms were cleaned everyday and everything was spotless. The attention to detail in the Riad was amazing, everything was perfect.

Massimo and Giorgina, along with all the other staff made it such an amazing experience. I'd recommend it to anyone thinking of staying in Marrakech.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Riad le Clos des Arts? Share your experiences!