“Home Sweet Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad le Clos des Arts

You added Riad le Clos des Arts to your Saves list
Riad le Clos des Arts
Riad Zitoune Jdid, Derb Tbib 50 | Near Dar Si Said and Bahia Palace, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #3 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Home Sweet Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Before travelling to Marrakech we did a lot of online research as it seemed like a city you would not want to be caught out in...After looking at Trip Advisor reviews we chose Riad le Clos de Arts. I still feel moved thinking about our stay - it would be an understatement to say it was AMAZING! From the moment we arrived at Marrakech Airport we were swiftly picked up by hotel transfer and taken to the Riad where we were welcomed by Massimo. Greeted with tea, biscuits and an overview of this colourful city, we felt at home straight away. It was great to get the local insights and made us feel confident navigating the city streets and markets from the very beginning. The Riad arranged a tour of the city for us which again was a wonderful way to find our feet and venture into some of the more authentic city sights. The Riad also arranged a day trip into the Atlas Mountains for us which was an absolute highlight. While there are many restaurants to choose from in Marrakech, we chose to have dinner on the Riad Terrace both nights. Mouthwatering authentic Moroccan food, great service and all in the peace and privacy of our 'home away from home'. Thank you Giorgina and Massimo for your heartfelt hospitality.
Omen and Kobi (Australia)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This is not a riad. It's a beautifully designed, sweepingly beautiful private home!

From the moment that Massimo's driver arrived in the busy square near to the riad, a friendly face appeared (Massimo) to escort my elderly mother and I to the riad, I knew that we were going to have a wonderful time.

And we did! We felt like we were staying at an old friends' sprawling peaceful house. The customer service from their staff was exceptional, the food was amazing (I couldn't get enough of the home made apricot jam with crumpets for breakfast!) and the contrast of the cool quiet calm of the riad as compared to the hot, busy havoc of the souks was a god send!

Thank you so much to both of you for looking after us so well. The next time we are in Marrakech, we shall most definitely stay with you.

Room Tip: loved the turquoise room where we stayed. the stucco work on the ceiling was just stunning.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Giorgina and Massimo run a beautiful hotel that feels more like a home. From my first contact with them via email I knew this was a good choice. Once you close the door of the Riad after you enter, it's as though the chaos and craziness of Marrakesh ceases to exist - until you are ready to face it again. The rooms are large and comfortable, the décor is beautiful, the food was the best we had in Morocco, and the advice from Massimo was invaluable. We ate on the rooftop terrace, where the kitchen and serving staff were friendly and efficient. I only wish we had eaten there every night. I enjoyed the small pool on the roof, and lounging with a book for a couple of hours.

I do not know if or when I will revisit Morocco, but if I do there is nowhere else I would want to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My mother took me here as a present for my 21st birthday. Just two girls being in Marrakech was quite a daunting thought at first but everything about the Riad made it such an amazing and comfortable stay.

When we arrived we were greeted with an ice cold mint tea and a 3 course meal, cooked by the amazing chef.

The staff at the Riad were so friendly and helpful, nothing seemed to be too much to ask - couldn't fault them one little bit! Me and my mum wanted to take one of the staff members, Mohammed home with us, he was so lovely.

We only spent a few nights in the Riad, but the rooms were cleaned everyday and everything was spotless. The attention to detail in the Riad was amazing, everything was perfect.

Massimo and Giorgina, along with all the other staff made it such an amazing experience. I'd recommend it to anyone thinking of staying in Marrakech.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The fact that everyone's review speaks to Massimo & Giorgina's hospitality is a testament to the guaranteed great experience you will have at this Riad. I got an email from these friendliest hosts soon after I booked introducing themselves and offering us pick up from airport as well as first night authentic Moroccan meal on site. We took up both and was glad we did. We were greeted with a helpful tour of the old city on a map (noting dodgy areas to avoid) with glasses of chilled mint tea in our hands. M & G helped us with booking a great (altho indulgent) hamman at a reputable & exclusive spa as well as a 3 day tour that ends in the Sahara. It didn't take us long to trust their recommendations and at the reliable price. The Riad itself is just spectacular and only thing I regret is not booking our last days in Marrakech there. We got into another riad that had high ratings but at much cheaper rates. The 2nd riad was decent for what we needed (backpack-esque) but not the little palace that Les Clos Des Art made us feel like we were in. The upkeep even ensuring paint cracks are repaired and décor is just gorgeous. I've done my share of roughing it on trips and thought Marrakech would be much of one of those trips. Everything was, hustle & bustle so my friend and I were very glad to come back to the Riad after navigating the souks and unnamed winding streets at the end of each day. It's a bit of a good surprise and luck that we ended up there!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Ticehurst, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My partner and I stayed 4 four nights and could not fault the accommodation, service and food. We found the rooms to be clean and perfectly serviced each day, the staff extremely friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We enjoyed the dinner on the first night so much that we decided to eat in each night and wow, what an experience.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and the owners simple made it a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

A lovely intimate little Riad in the hub of the old city, but in a quiet peaceful location. Lovely rooms, traditionally decorated, great and helpful hosts in Giorgina and Massimo backed up by caring generous staff.
Wonderful little pool on the terrace to cool down in, good traditional food at dinner and refreshing breakfast of fruits and pastries, good coffee and homemade yoghurt.
Close to all the sights, shops, square and great restaurants especially the Jamma Restaurant - best tajines. A great little haven while visiting beautiful Marrakech.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Riad le Clos des Arts? Share your experiences!