“One of the best places I've stayed anywhere on EARTH!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad le Clos des Arts

You added Riad le Clos des Arts to your Saves list
Riad le Clos des Arts
Riad Zitoune Jdid, Derb Tbib 50 | Near Dar Si Said and Bahia Palace, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #3 of 472 Hotels in Marrakech
clermont fl
“One of the best places I've stayed anywhere on EARTH!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I'm writing this review during my last night here. I really had no idea just how incredible Riad Clos Des Arts would be until I arrived. I booked it rather whimsically --mostly due to location. I have traveled the world quite a bit but haven't experienced anything quite this unique nor have I ever experienced such thorough, wonderful, and consistently sincere service and hospitality anywhere else in the world.

As I single American dad, I spent two nights here with my daughters (ages 8 and 10) who fell in love with Massimo and his wife. Our simple room with 3 small beds made us feel like we were wonderfully bunking together..The curtains to the double doors that opened from our room into the courtyard and fountain made us feel like we were in an Arabian fairy tale. Virtually every time we stepped out, Massimo or his wife were there to calmly greet us and provide just the right amount of help, play, valuable information, and more.

Our luggage had gotten lost back in casablanca (we took a taxi to Marrakech) and Massimo went out of his way to continually follow up and arrange for us to get it. Jet-lagged, we woke up and left our room between 1 and 2pm each day, and they still gladly made us breakfast on their gorgeous terrace by the small pool --hours after the official breakfast time had ended. When we wanted to go to the nearby water park, they lent us special towels as an exception. When we had dinner in the terrace, they customized the menu to fit my children's somewhat picky palettes..

Massimo played wonderfully with my daughters and won their hearts. His wife gave them beautiful necklace gifts during our candlelit terrace dinner for "good luck .." It meant a lot to them --My daughters even bought them gifts in return ..

The entire staff was helpful, freindly..and really made us feel like we were staying in a home --yet with all the privacy and freedoms of a hotel...

The check-in complete with tales of Massimo's life living voluntarily in refugee camps and moving to a new country every 5-7 years as his chosen life experience were incredibly thorough, welcoming..intriguing ...I LOVED how he first met us in the parking area/taxi drop off and had us follow him around several alleyways and narrow lanes to this quiet getaway ...
I'm sure this review is a bit disorganized but hey, I'm having an amazing trip and me and the kids LOVE LOVE LOVE this place...There's just something about the ambiance and mostly, the service and friendliness and Massimo and his wife...that make this an unforgettable gem.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Can't fault the place - perfect location, friendly and efficient team, beautiful riad.
On arrival (booked transfer from the airport - definitely recommend it as not sure we would have found it otherwise!) Giorgina made us feel very welcome with some Moroccan mint tea (and instructions on how to pour it), a great brief on the city and some helpful cultural tips, as well as a bit of Arabic.
The Riad is located a couple of minutes walk from the main Souk, but is amazingly quiet and is a genuine haven of tranquillity after the bustle of the city. Cooling down by the pool on the rooftop after a busy day trying not to buy carpets is ideal. Breakfast was a very tasty combination of fruit, yogurts, eggs, pastries etc served on the roof terrace in the morning sun - life doesn't get much better!
Would certainly recommend staying here and avoiding any of the bigger hotels, especially those outside the city - don't miss this authentic, charming and relaxing riad.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My girlfriend and myself have just returned from a 4 night stay in Marrakech at the Riad le Clos des Arts and had the most enjoyable stay that I could imagine. From the moment we walked through the door until the moment we left we were made to feel welcome and valued. Our hosts Massimo and Giorgina arranged our airport transfer and met us with refreshing drinks which were well needed after our travel there. Walking into the Riad for the first time was inspiring with the regards to the wonder of Marrakesh. It is such a stunningly beautiful building and one which would prove difficult not to feel at home in. Massimo sat down with us and went through a thorough orientation of Marrakech, providing us tips of local etiquette, places to visit or avoid and the like before we sat down to a very tasty meal. I'd had problems with the ATM at the airport and Massimo gave me assistance which was in itself a real act of kindness and something that I would never have imagined could take place having only just met and certainly not in the circumstances. That in itself set the tone for our stay at the Riad. The staff at the Riad were so friendly and attentive without being invasive and always had a smile. The room was comfortable and was a nice relaxing place to retreat to after a day walking around Marrakech. Breakfast on the roof top terrace always provided a nice start to the day and a dip in the pool a good end to the day. Whilst we were there it was my girlfriends birthday and we were pleasantly surprised on the morning of her birthday that the staff had been informed and presented her with a cake with a candle at breakfast and later on that day Massimo presented her with a present. It was very thoughtful and made both of us feel valued as guests. During our stay we went to eat at the recommended Riad Kniza, a much more expensive Riad, but I can honestly say that after visiting there that I was glad we had chosen to stay at Riad le Clos des Arts. Whilst the Kniza offered a very formal more hotel like experience, our Riad provided a relaxed homely environment which made you feel relaxed and comfortable. Our stay at the Riad along with a recommended visit to a local Hammam were the highlights of my trip (gratefully persuaded by Massimo to give the Hammam a try) and I'm pleased that we chose to stay there. It was the perfect back drop to our visit to Marrakesh and again I would like to say thank you for a wonderful stay. One tip for any man wanting to whisk his girlfriend away for a romantic break, you will struggle to find somewhere that will impress her as much as here. I have already been recommending this place to everybody since I've been home.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Citrine room and whilst one of the smaller rooms, it was certainly large enough and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our family of four spent three nights at this Riad. We were actually booked in a different Riad on our return via Marrakech and changed it to the Close des Arts because of Georgina and Massimo's hospitality. This Riad is a comfortable and authentic setting, with an extraordinarily friendly and hard working team who want their guests to have the best possible experience of Marrakech during their stay. We found it to be a very quiet and comfortable place - it is off the beaten track, but you will still hear the call to prayers, and the sound of flocks of birds singing. It is welcoming and stylish, but not sumptuous or luxurious - more like staying in a hosted-home setting than in a serviced hotel. We ate dinner here on the first night after a long trip and were well attended by the staff and enjoyed a wonderful tajine. Our jet lag caused early wake ups and we sat by the small plunge pool on the roof and listened to the city wake up. Breakfasts on the roof were a memorable and relaxing start to the day.
Massimo and Georgina celebrated their 4th anniversary of ownership and they were honored by their team of Moroccan staff with a musical celebration while we were there. The sense of mutual respect was clear, and it made us realize that this couple are doing more than just running a hotel - they are supporting a community in their role as small business owners.
Massimo's orientation on our arrival - over mint team - was unforgettable. He gave us confidence to get lost in the medina by providing clear ideas of how to get back to our location, and our teenagers embarked with gusto in their discovery. We were also glad for our kids to meet people like M&G, Europeans who have lived all over Africa providing humanitarian assistance, creating sustainable ventures, and embracing new ventures.
Riad Clos des Arts was a highlight of our trip - if this review resonates with you, then you will likely feel the same way!

Room Tip: The rooms vary in size - we had suites for most nights and the smaller Rubis room the last night. A...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

There are literally thousands of places to choose from in Marrakech. Selecting the Riad le Clos des Arts for our stay was a very fortunate decision. Frankly, it really set the tone for our stay - which was AMAZING.

Our hosts (Georgina, Massimo, and their staff) were welcoming and gracious. They attended to our every need.

The riad itself is a beautiful, charming, quiet, and relaxing oasis. It is impeccably clean and has all the modern conveniences you'd find in a modern hotel. The location is hands down one of the best you will find - within walking distance to just about everything.

We ate all over the city, but no kidding - the best meals we had were at the riad. Plan on eating there!!

Massimo and Georgina take the time to orient their guests to Marrakech - things to see, do, where to eat, things to avoid, and provide cultural/language tips. All in order for you to have an amazing stay; LISTEN TO THEM AND YOU WILL!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The Riad is real sanctuary. It has a lovely atmosphere, the rooms are fantastic, the food and service are excellent, the staff are always friendly and the location is ideal to explore the delights of Marrakech.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Recently returned from Marrakech after a 3 night stay in what has to be the most unique, beautiful place I have ever stayed. The owners Georgina and Massimo offer a first class service to their clients staying at the Riad, from the moment Massimo met myself and my daughter from the transfer taxi they arranged (and at a very compeitive rate) their hospitality and warmth was second to none. Travelling along with my daugher, the advice that they both gave on the do's and don'ts when out and about was invaluable, held us in good stead for our break and made our experience of Marrakech all the more fun and enjoyable. The riad provides what only can be described as a haven of tranqulity amongst the hustle and bustle of this amazing city. So much more to mention, the location, the rooftop terrace where breakfast is served, the plunge pool, our beautiful room, fantastic staff, free wi-fi. Missing the place already, can't recommend it highly enough and cant wait to go back. Georgiona and Massimo a massive thank you to you and your staff for making my daughters 21st Birthday trip one we will both treasure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Riad le Clos des Arts? Share your experiences!