I'm writing this review during my last night here. I really had no idea just how incredible Riad Clos Des Arts would be until I arrived. I booked it rather whimsically --mostly due to location. I have traveled the world quite a bit but haven't experienced anything quite this unique nor have I ever experienced such thorough, wonderful, and consistently sincere service and hospitality anywhere else in the world.
As I single American dad, I spent two nights here with my daughters (ages 8 and 10) who fell in love with Massimo and his wife. Our simple room with 3 small beds made us feel like we were wonderfully bunking together..The curtains to the double doors that opened from our room into the courtyard and fountain made us feel like we were in an Arabian fairy tale. Virtually every time we stepped out, Massimo or his wife were there to calmly greet us and provide just the right amount of help, play, valuable information, and more.
Our luggage had gotten lost back in casablanca (we took a taxi to Marrakech) and Massimo went out of his way to continually follow up and arrange for us to get it. Jet-lagged, we woke up and left our room between 1 and 2pm each day, and they still gladly made us breakfast on their gorgeous terrace by the small pool --hours after the official breakfast time had ended. When we wanted to go to the nearby water park, they lent us special towels as an exception. When we had dinner in the terrace, they customized the menu to fit my children's somewhat picky palettes..
Massimo played wonderfully with my daughters and won their hearts. His wife gave them beautiful necklace gifts during our candlelit terrace dinner for "good luck .." It meant a lot to them --My daughters even bought them gifts in return ..
The entire staff was helpful, freindly..and really made us feel like we were staying in a home --yet with all the privacy and freedoms of a hotel...
The check-in complete with tales of Massimo's life living voluntarily in refugee camps and moving to a new country every 5-7 years as his chosen life experience were incredibly thorough, welcoming..intriguing ...I LOVED how he first met us in the parking area/taxi drop off and had us follow him around several alleyways and narrow lanes to this quiet getaway ...
I'm sure this review is a bit disorganized but hey, I'm having an amazing trip and me and the kids LOVE LOVE LOVE this place...There's just something about the ambiance and mostly, the service and friendliness and Massimo and his wife...that make this an unforgettable gem.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Le Clos Des Arts Hotel
- Riad Le Clos Des Arts Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a narrow street of the Medina of Marrakech come and discover Riad le Clos des Arts: a charming Arab house renovated in pure Moresque style. Be seduced by this fascinating oriental atmosphere, be tempted by the authenticity of traditional Moroccan flavours, be refreshed by a plunge into the small pool on the terrace.The riad offers 4 suites and 2 rooms, all with ensuite bathrooms and the possibility to have dinner on order. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Riad le Clos des Arts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.