“Simply perfect! Unreservably recommended!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad le Clos des Arts

You added Riad le Clos des Arts to your Saves list
Riad le Clos des Arts
Riad Zitoune Jdid, Derb Tbib 50 | Near Dar Si Said and Bahia Palace, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #3 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Simply perfect! Unreservably recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Beautiful small Riad which is an oasis of calm from the busy city. Located on a quiet road but minutes away from the main square, it is perfectly located to explore Marrakech. The staff are friendly and extremely helpful. The night we arrived we were welcomed with tea and a very informative run through of the city map and local customs which meant we could blend in with the the locals and avoid the pitfalls some travellers may find themselves in. Breakfast and dinner are home cooked and delicious. I would definitely recommend booking dinner here for a real flavour of Morocco. Georgina and Massimo certainly make you feel at home. They can recommend and book excursions and a hamman. I can't recommend this Riad enough, it was simply perfect!

Room Tip: We stayed in 3 different rooms as we returned back to Riad after a trip to essaouira and all were be...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Greek first
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Right from the start it is clear why soooo many people have written so many lovingly, long and thoughtful reviews!

Read just one and book it!...(with dinner...mmm)... You won't be disappointed!

For nervous travellers to Africa and Marrakech... Here you will feel safe, spoilt and informed.

For Georgina, Massimo and the team ....thank you for making the start of our honeymoon so special, we felt like part of the family x

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

All the reviews sum this place up perfectly, with Massimo and Georgina amazing hosts from the moment you arrive to the end of the stay. The other staff are similarly amazing, and truly make you feel at home.

Location is great, and room was perfectly sized and very nicely decorated (Rubis), which was the only room available demonstrating how popular this place is.

Evening Cous Cous dinner was great, and definitely recommended for any night of the stay.

Breakfast was amazing as were the activities we booked through Georgina (home cookery class and thai Luxury spa / massage).

Thanks Massimo and Georgina for being amazing hosts and for a fab 3 night break.

Tim and Vanessa

• Stayed May 2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

As many others have said, its really difficult to add anything to the reviews of this Riad but I can say they are all true.

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left we were looked after incredibly well, from being introduced to the Medina and the surrounding areas to incredible food and impeccable service. For me, the highlight though was the incredible generosity with which Giorgina, Massimo and the Riad staff celebrated my birthday (my 40th). From breakfast through to very last thing at night everyone was incredible kind. The two highlights were the staff bringing me flowers and lighting a candle for me at breakfast and then being given an incredible chocolate cake (Massimo's grandmother's recipe) at dinner (with a chorus of happy birthday).

The food in the Riad was excellent (highlight being the chicken tagine with olives, preserved lemons and garlic - delicious) and the room (Amethyste) was beautiful. The best thing about this riad is the escape it offers from the craziness of the medina. We were able to experience the best of Marrakech, and then retire to an oasis of calm. We were also grateful to Giorgina and Massimo's help in organising a guided tour of Marrakech and a trip into the Atlas mountains, both excellent (see separate reviews).

All in all, I would highly recommend this Riad, its simply wonderful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I am not sure i have anything new to say so won't repeat what has gone before. The commitment Massimo and Georgina give to the Riad and its guests make it an exceptional experience. It is particularly their knowledge and guidance that allows you to make the best of your stay in this frantic and fascinating city. Unreservedly recommended.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rural Cambridgeshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I put off writing a review here, because directly after our trip I felt like my words cannot do this amazing place justice. And they still can't - but I cannot put this off any longer.

I think about this place almost every day, and how much I would love to return. I celebrated my 40th birthday here, with my husband and baby son, and we just had the MOST amazing and memorable experience. The riad itself is beautiful and tranquil, with the smell of jasmine wafting gently around. We ate here the first night, and had the most delicious and authentic tagine, and just a lovely relaxed dining experience that was amongst the best of our holiday - and full marks to the amazing staff team, who could not do enough for us, from tasty babyfood served on a gold platter for our 8 month old, to delicious breakfasts, to refreshing drinks after pounding the pavements.

But the most memorable thing of all for us were our hosts Giorgina and Massimmo - whose warm heartedness and helpfulness made us feel like old friends rather than new guests. They welcomed us with a kind of openness we have never experienced anywhere else in the world before, and suspect will never again. They gave the best cuddles to our baby son, and were always on hand with helpful advice, directions, offers of tea, places to go, how to observe local custom, and how not to get ripped off by taxi drivers. Nothing was too much trouble, and they bought a personal touch to everything. The warmth and humility of this lovely couple is what we take as our lasting memory of Marrakech. Its a beautiful city, made all the better by these lovely people and an amazing place to stay. Book your stay at this hidden gem now, it will be one of the loveliest of your life.

Thankyou peronally Giorgina and Massimmo, from Julie, Roger and baby Edward xx

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

When you read this review, you’ll read the trail of other fantastic reviews about Riad le Clos des Arts. This is exactly what I did a few months ago when I was booking my first trip to Marrakesh, to celebrate my 40th. I wanted the best and I did not want to stay in a hotel outside of the medina. So I contacted Giorgina & Massimo to guide me through what rooms were available and what activities I could plan. From the outset I received a friendly and attentive service. On arrival I was delighted with our room, the Riad, the homely cooking and the way Giorgina & Massimo looked after us. We took Massimo’s recommendation on pretty much everything, and everything was great. From massages, to balloon trips, quad biking to belly dancing, Massimo knows all the best contacts and helped make my birthday one special occasion. And it’s not just Giorgina & Massimo that make your stay perfect at this Riad, it’s all the staff as well, they are helpful, welcoming and also go the extra mile. As many others have said ‘don’t think twice book your stay now’ – I would agree, but you’re going to have to move quick.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad le Clos des Arts? Share your experiences!