“A...MAZING!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad le Clos des Arts

Orbitz.com Booking.com
Riad le Clos des Arts
Riad Zitoune Jdid, Derb Tbib 50 | Near Dar Si Said and Bahia Palace, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #3 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“A...MAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Right from the start it is clear why soooo many people have written so many lovingly, long and thoughtful reviews!

Read just one and book it!...(with dinner...mmm)... You won't be disappointed!

For nervous travellers to Africa and Marrakech... Here you will feel safe, spoilt and informed.

For Georgina, Massimo and the team ....thank you for making the start of our honeymoon so special, we felt like part of the family x

817 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

All the reviews sum this place up perfectly, with Massimo and Georgina amazing hosts from the moment you arrive to the end of the stay. The other staff are similarly amazing, and truly make you feel at home.

Location is great, and room was perfectly sized and very nicely decorated (Rubis), which was the only room available demonstrating how popular this place is.

Evening Cous Cous dinner was great, and definitely recommended for any night of the stay.

Breakfast was amazing as were the activities we booked through Georgina (home cookery class and thai Luxury spa / massage).

Thanks Massimo and Georgina for being amazing hosts and for a fab 3 night break.

Tim and Vanessa

• Stayed May 2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

As many others have said, its really difficult to add anything to the reviews of this Riad but I can say they are all true.

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left we were looked after incredibly well, from being introduced to the Medina and the surrounding areas to incredible food and impeccable service. For me, the highlight though was the incredible generosity with which Giorgina, Massimo and the Riad staff celebrated my birthday (my 40th). From breakfast through to very last thing at night everyone was incredible kind. The two highlights were the staff bringing me flowers and lighting a candle for me at breakfast and then being given an incredible chocolate cake (Massimo's grandmother's recipe) at dinner (with a chorus of happy birthday).

The food in the Riad was excellent (highlight being the chicken tagine with olives, preserved lemons and garlic - delicious) and the room (Amethyste) was beautiful. The best thing about this riad is the escape it offers from the craziness of the medina. We were able to experience the best of Marrakech, and then retire to an oasis of calm. We were also grateful to Giorgina and Massimo's help in organising a guided tour of Marrakech and a trip into the Atlas mountains, both excellent (see separate reviews).

All in all, I would highly recommend this Riad, its simply wonderful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I am not sure i have anything new to say so won't repeat what has gone before. The commitment Massimo and Georgina give to the Riad and its guests make it an exceptional experience. It is particularly their knowledge and guidance that allows you to make the best of your stay in this frantic and fascinating city. Unreservedly recommended.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rural Cambridgeshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I put off writing a review here, because directly after our trip I felt like my words cannot do this amazing place justice. And they still can't - but I cannot put this off any longer.

I think about this place almost every day, and how much I would love to return. I celebrated my 40th birthday here, with my husband and baby son, and we just had the MOST amazing and memorable experience. The riad itself is beautiful and tranquil, with the smell of jasmine wafting gently around. We ate here the first night, and had the most delicious and authentic tagine, and just a lovely relaxed dining experience that was amongst the best of our holiday - and full marks to the amazing staff team, who could not do enough for us, from tasty babyfood served on a gold platter for our 8 month old, to delicious breakfasts, to refreshing drinks after pounding the pavements.

But the most memorable thing of all for us were our hosts Giorgina and Massimmo - whose warm heartedness and helpfulness made us feel like old friends rather than new guests. They welcomed us with a kind of openness we have never experienced anywhere else in the world before, and suspect will never again. They gave the best cuddles to our baby son, and were always on hand with helpful advice, directions, offers of tea, places to go, how to observe local custom, and how not to get ripped off by taxi drivers. Nothing was too much trouble, and they bought a personal touch to everything. The warmth and humility of this lovely couple is what we take as our lasting memory of Marrakech. Its a beautiful city, made all the better by these lovely people and an amazing place to stay. Book your stay at this hidden gem now, it will be one of the loveliest of your life.

Thankyou peronally Giorgina and Massimmo, from Julie, Roger and baby Edward xx

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

When you read this review, you’ll read the trail of other fantastic reviews about Riad le Clos des Arts. This is exactly what I did a few months ago when I was booking my first trip to Marrakesh, to celebrate my 40th. I wanted the best and I did not want to stay in a hotel outside of the medina. So I contacted Giorgina & Massimo to guide me through what rooms were available and what activities I could plan. From the outset I received a friendly and attentive service. On arrival I was delighted with our room, the Riad, the homely cooking and the way Giorgina & Massimo looked after us. We took Massimo’s recommendation on pretty much everything, and everything was great. From massages, to balloon trips, quad biking to belly dancing, Massimo knows all the best contacts and helped make my birthday one special occasion. And it’s not just Giorgina & Massimo that make your stay perfect at this Riad, it’s all the staff as well, they are helpful, welcoming and also go the extra mile. As many others have said ‘don’t think twice book your stay now’ – I would agree, but you’re going to have to move quick.

Watford,UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Marrakech can be a bewildering place for a visitor. Choosing a riad is not easy as there are so many with wonderful reviews. I took ages to do this, but in the end put my faith in Trip Advisor and we were delighted with our choice. With this many excellent reviews, you know you are making a good decision.
Location is excellent , just south of the J'maa . It is a safe tourist area with lots of pretty shops and cafes. Easy access to the souks.
Every riad has its own particular unique point. It may be the food, the decor, a pool or a hamman. What Clos des Arts has as its special feature is the warm and personal welcome each guest receives. This is particularly good for the first time visitor. Massimo, the owner , took time to sit with us and give us a map and go through what we were interested in doing and what he would recommend. From the best hamman to where to buy hand-made , high quality babouches from an artisan we would otherwise never have found.
When I felt a bit off-colour Giorgina got the staff to make me ginger tea and Massimo sent someone out to a pharmacy for me . Very kind and much appreciated.
Everyone on this site has said all we could ever say about the food, the rooms and the home-from-home atmosphere.
Choose your riad as you wish : if you are looking for making your stay easy and comfortable then look no further .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad le Clos des Arts? Share your experiences!