“Just perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad le Clos des Arts

Save Saved
You added Riad le Clos des Arts to your Saves list
Riad le Clos des Arts
Riad Zitoune Jdid, Derb Tbib 50 | Near Dar Si Said and Bahia Palace, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #3 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Rural Cambridgeshire
“Just perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I put off writing a review here, because directly after our trip I felt like my words cannot do this amazing place justice. And they still can't - but I cannot put this off any longer.

I think about this place almost every day, and how much I would love to return. I celebrated my 40th birthday here, with my husband and baby son, and we just had the MOST amazing and memorable experience. The riad itself is beautiful and tranquil, with the smell of jasmine wafting gently around. We ate here the first night, and had the most delicious and authentic tagine, and just a lovely relaxed dining experience that was amongst the best of our holiday - and full marks to the amazing staff team, who could not do enough for us, from tasty babyfood served on a gold platter for our 8 month old, to delicious breakfasts, to refreshing drinks after pounding the pavements.

But the most memorable thing of all for us were our hosts Giorgina and Massimmo - whose warm heartedness and helpfulness made us feel like old friends rather than new guests. They welcomed us with a kind of openness we have never experienced anywhere else in the world before, and suspect will never again. They gave the best cuddles to our baby son, and were always on hand with helpful advice, directions, offers of tea, places to go, how to observe local custom, and how not to get ripped off by taxi drivers. Nothing was too much trouble, and they bought a personal touch to everything. The warmth and humility of this lovely couple is what we take as our lasting memory of Marrakech. Its a beautiful city, made all the better by these lovely people and an amazing place to stay. Book your stay at this hidden gem now, it will be one of the loveliest of your life.

Thankyou peronally Giorgina and Massimmo, from Julie, Roger and baby Edward xx

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

865 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

When you read this review, you’ll read the trail of other fantastic reviews about Riad le Clos des Arts. This is exactly what I did a few months ago when I was booking my first trip to Marrakesh, to celebrate my 40th. I wanted the best and I did not want to stay in a hotel outside of the medina. So I contacted Giorgina & Massimo to guide me through what rooms were available and what activities I could plan. From the outset I received a friendly and attentive service. On arrival I was delighted with our room, the Riad, the homely cooking and the way Giorgina & Massimo looked after us. We took Massimo’s recommendation on pretty much everything, and everything was great. From massages, to balloon trips, quad biking to belly dancing, Massimo knows all the best contacts and helped make my birthday one special occasion. And it’s not just Giorgina & Massimo that make your stay perfect at this Riad, it’s all the staff as well, they are helpful, welcoming and also go the extra mile. As many others have said ‘don’t think twice book your stay now’ – I would agree, but you’re going to have to move quick.

Watford,UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Marrakech can be a bewildering place for a visitor. Choosing a riad is not easy as there are so many with wonderful reviews. I took ages to do this, but in the end put my faith in Trip Advisor and we were delighted with our choice. With this many excellent reviews, you know you are making a good decision.
Location is excellent , just south of the J'maa . It is a safe tourist area with lots of pretty shops and cafes. Easy access to the souks.
Every riad has its own particular unique point. It may be the food, the decor, a pool or a hamman. What Clos des Arts has as its special feature is the warm and personal welcome each guest receives. This is particularly good for the first time visitor. Massimo, the owner , took time to sit with us and give us a map and go through what we were interested in doing and what he would recommend. From the best hamman to where to buy hand-made , high quality babouches from an artisan we would otherwise never have found.
When I felt a bit off-colour Giorgina got the staff to make me ginger tea and Massimo sent someone out to a pharmacy for me . Very kind and much appreciated.
Everyone on this site has said all we could ever say about the food, the rooms and the home-from-home atmosphere.
Choose your riad as you wish : if you are looking for making your stay easy and comfortable then look no further .

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This Riad is the ultimate! Situated in a quiet area of the old medina and minutes from the Jemaa-el-Fna Square, it is an oasis of calm. With well appointed rooms, this Riad is filled with charm. There is a terrasse where a delicious breakfast is served each morning. Also on the terrasse is a dipping pool and several lounge chairs where you can go to relax after getting tired from walking around the busy medina of Marrakech.

When we arrived we were greeted by Giorgina, a charming, attractive young woman. She and her husband, Massimo are co-owners. Together they have impeccable taste and have added their personal touch to the entire Riad. They have scored in creating one of the finest Riad's in all of Morocco (we spent 12 days travelling all over the country)!

For our first night, we knew that we would arrive very late in the afternoon, so we made a dinner reservation in the Riad. Once we tasted the fabulous home cooking of Laila, the chef, we were definitely hooked! We decided at that very moment, that it was not worth the effort to go out each night to try and find any other place to dine. Staying at this Riad was like being in our own home - with staff preparing and serving us the finest authentic Moroccan food made with the freshest ingredients (and we knew that everything on the table would be safe to eat). Then after having dinner all we had to do was just walk up the stairs to our suite and go to sleep.

Giorgina and Massimo highly recommended a place to go and have a Hammam. We were apprehensive at first, but we went anyway. So happy that we did! We would have missed out on one of the best experiences of our entire trip, if we had not gone.

Without a doubt, this Riad is just wonderful! We left feeling we had made two new friends and go would back to stay there in a heartbeat. Pamper yourself -and make a reservation NOW!

Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

What did I like the most in Marrakech? The people, the food and the atmosphere. The Riad Le Clos des Arts? The exact representation of all of them in a calm accommodation in the heart of the Medina.
The staff will go above and beyond to meet any expectations you may have, always smiling, polite and extremely helpful.
The rooms and the suites are second to none, the interiors have been beautifully decorated, with great attention to details and with the aim of creating in the Riad the same atmosphere that you find everywhere else in the Medina. As to the food…well, there is no much to say…it is for sure the best I had in Marrakech!! I strongly suggest you to have dinner there at least once!
Situated in the ancient medina of Marrakech, five minutes walk from Jemâa El Fna, with an exceptional combination of efficiency and great charm, this resort is what made my three days in Marrakech unforgettable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Wittlich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

You absolute won't regret choosing the Riad le Clos des Arts for your trip to Marrakech. The entire place is beautiful and serene, and the customer service is second to none. Giorgina was so charming and helpful, not to mention the Riad has a fantastic location....close to the Djemaa el-Fna, but still tucked away in a quiet Derb. I highly recommend the Riad le Clos des Arts!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

As everyone else has said this is a beautiful riad with amazing attention to detail. It was voted the best hotel our family has ever stayed in. Nothing was too much trouble for massimo and giorgina they made special dinner for our youngest and more fussy member and really made us feel at home. The food is delicious and the roof top terrace was a lovely place to have breakfast and sit in the evening. Highly recommended.

Been to Riad le Clos des Arts? Share your experiences!