“The Best Riad in Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad le Clos des Arts

Save Saved
You added Riad le Clos des Arts to your Saves list
Riad le Clos des Arts
Riad Zitoune Jdid, Derb Tbib 50 | Near Dar Si Said and Bahia Palace, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #3 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Boston, Massachusetts
“The Best Riad in Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This Riad is the ultimate! Situated in a quiet area of the old medina and minutes from the Jemaa-el-Fna Square, it is an oasis of calm. With well appointed rooms, this Riad is filled with charm. There is a terrasse where a delicious breakfast is served each morning. Also on the terrasse is a dipping pool and several lounge chairs where you can go to relax after getting tired from walking around the busy medina of Marrakech.

When we arrived we were greeted by Giorgina, a charming, attractive young woman. She and her husband, Massimo are co-owners. Together they have impeccable taste and have added their personal touch to the entire Riad. They have scored in creating one of the finest Riad's in all of Morocco (we spent 12 days travelling all over the country)!

For our first night, we knew that we would arrive very late in the afternoon, so we made a dinner reservation in the Riad. Once we tasted the fabulous home cooking of Laila, the chef, we were definitely hooked! We decided at that very moment, that it was not worth the effort to go out each night to try and find any other place to dine. Staying at this Riad was like being in our own home - with staff preparing and serving us the finest authentic Moroccan food made with the freshest ingredients (and we knew that everything on the table would be safe to eat). Then after having dinner all we had to do was just walk up the stairs to our suite and go to sleep.

Giorgina and Massimo highly recommended a place to go and have a Hammam. We were apprehensive at first, but we went anyway. So happy that we did! We would have missed out on one of the best experiences of our entire trip, if we had not gone.

Without a doubt, this Riad is just wonderful! We left feeling we had made two new friends and go would back to stay there in a heartbeat. Pamper yourself -and make a reservation NOW!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

865 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Greek first
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

What did I like the most in Marrakech? The people, the food and the atmosphere. The Riad Le Clos des Arts? The exact representation of all of them in a calm accommodation in the heart of the Medina.
The staff will go above and beyond to meet any expectations you may have, always smiling, polite and extremely helpful.
The rooms and the suites are second to none, the interiors have been beautifully decorated, with great attention to details and with the aim of creating in the Riad the same atmosphere that you find everywhere else in the Medina. As to the food…well, there is no much to say…it is for sure the best I had in Marrakech!! I strongly suggest you to have dinner there at least once!
Situated in the ancient medina of Marrakech, five minutes walk from Jemâa El Fna, with an exceptional combination of efficiency and great charm, this resort is what made my three days in Marrakech unforgettable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Wittlich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

You absolute won't regret choosing the Riad le Clos des Arts for your trip to Marrakech. The entire place is beautiful and serene, and the customer service is second to none. Giorgina was so charming and helpful, not to mention the Riad has a fantastic location....close to the Djemaa el-Fna, but still tucked away in a quiet Derb. I highly recommend the Riad le Clos des Arts!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

As everyone else has said this is a beautiful riad with amazing attention to detail. It was voted the best hotel our family has ever stayed in. Nothing was too much trouble for massimo and giorgina they made special dinner for our youngest and more fussy member and really made us feel at home. The food is delicious and the roof top terrace was a lovely place to have breakfast and sit in the evening. Highly recommended.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I've stayed in hotels and B & B's all over the world and this is one of the best I've encountered. Not only is the Riad itself beautiful and clean and well-maintained, the owners, Massimo and Georgina go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need and attend to your every want. They meet each guest at the taxi stand and escort you to the Riad, and then give you a detailed introduction to the Riad and to Marrakech. Every guest gets individual attention and they are always available for any questions or problems.

I wanted a guide the first day to figure out the sprawling Medina and to see the top sites. They called Yousseff, who was extremely knowledgable, gave me a detailed tour and took me to find the hidden shops that I never would have found on my own. I also wanted to take a three day trip over the Atlas Mountains into the desert, so they made all the arrangements for the entire trip and for me to go with Aziz. Aziz was a very careful and expert driver, exactly what you want for the hairpin turns and narrow passes over the mountains. He was also a great guide and we wound up visiting his relatives in a Berber village who invited us for lunch, perhaps the highlight of the trip. I have a new friend in Morocco.

I had fabulous dinners in the Riad twice. On the way back from the desert trip there were people selling Morel mushrooms beside the road, so I bought some and the Riad cook, Layla, made me a special dinner of a Morel chicken tanine; I wound up proposing to her after that meal, but she's already married.

Stay here, you won't regret it. The taxi stand is close, the main square is close, but the Riad is on a little side street that isn't buzzing with motorbikes and crowds, a quiet haven. I loved it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed a week in the Riad le Clos des Arts which had been recommended by a friend and I wish I could have stayed longer. On arrival Giorgina and Massimo were there to help us settle in and find our feet and made us feel at home straight away.

The Riad is calm, peaceful and very beautiful. As soon as we arrived we felt very relaxed. The rooms are really nice and each room is unique and has something different to offer.

We wanted to eat out and sample the cuisine in restaurants but as we arrived late(ish) on the first night, we decided to "eat in". The food was so delicious that we had to opt to "eat in a couple more times. The atmosphere was very homily but the food was superb and I would suggest that everyone tries it at least once. Equally delicious were the breakfasts on the roof - we still talk about how yummy the yoghurt was. There was always plenty of it too!

All of the staff are incredibly friendly and polite. Massimo and Giorgina were always around to help us with anything we need and it is obvious that they want to help their guests enjoy their stay in Marrakesh. They are the perfect hosts welcoming us on arrival, helping us to settle in and find our feet, giving tips for birthdays celebrations (I spent my birthday there), recommending hammans, organising taxis etc. Both Massimo and Giorgina seem to know exactly what you want and I felt very pampered on this holiday.

I can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Ripon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Recently my wife surprised me with a trip to Marrakech, Morocco for my fiftieth birthday. As if that wasn't enough she made us reservations to stay at this gorgeous Riad just outside the main square or "Jemaa el-Fnaa". It's called Riad le Clos des Arts. Our hosts Massimo and Giorgina were extremely gracious throughout our entire stay. From greeting us personally from the moment we arrived, to seeing us off to the airport on our final day, they were very hospitable. The Riad itself was delightfully accomodating with plenty of room and gorgious decor inside. Our meals were also tastefully prepared with a bit of variety throughout the week. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad le Clos des Arts? Share your experiences!