Giorgina and Massimo are warm and natural hosts, making our first visit to Marrakech much easier than it may otherwise have been. We were greeted at the nearest car park to the Riad where Giorgina was waiting with a porter to help with our bags. It's only a couple of minutes walk to the Riad and all the way Giorgina pointed out directions and memorable signposts so you don't get lost in the tangle of narrow alleys. The Riad itself is beautiful with very tasteful decor and the welcoming scent of orange blossom as soon as you leave the dusty little alley way outside and step in. On arrival you are greeted with glasses of mint tea, little biscuits, tangerines and a very useful introduction and map to what can be an intimidating town.
We stayed in two rooms, the Rubis room on the ground floor - small, comfortable and (I think) the cheapest option and on our return from a few days in Essaouira, we had a couple of nights in the Corail room in the first floor, larger, lighter and just gorgeous!
Even in early Feb you can eat breakfast on the terrace each morning served by the multi lingual staff. The selection is tea or coffee with freshly made yoghurt, fresh fruit salad, a variety of breads and the offer of eggs how you like them.
If you choose to eat dinner here, let them know in the morning and prepare to be spoiled! We were served a very generous mix of salads followed by delicious tagine and fresh fruit jelly. Afternoons on the terrace after hectic haggling in the nearby souks are accompanied by mint tea on request. Nothing is too much trouble.
Le Clos Des Arts really is an oasis of calm and we very much appreciated the obvious thought and care that goes into making everyone's stay here special and memorable.
Thank you Georgina, Massimo and Team.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Le Clos Des Arts Hotel
- Riad Le Clos Des Arts Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a narrow street of the Medina of Marrakech come and discover Riad le Clos des Arts: a charming Arab house renovated in pure Moresque style. Be seduced by this fascinating oriental atmosphere, be tempted by the authenticity of traditional Moroccan flavours, be refreshed by a plunge into the small pool on the terrace.The riad offers 4 suites and 2 rooms, all with ensuite bathrooms and the possibility to have dinner on order. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and HostelBookers so you can book your Riad le Clos des Arts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.