If you stay here, get a pool-view room. The non-pool facing rooms face an extremely noisy highway with lot of traffic. My husband, I and a group of friends stayed at this hotel for three nights, and we shared fours rooms. Many of us had issues getting good, restful sleep. I usually sleep like a rock, but I could not sleep here even with earplugs buried deep in my ears. My apartment in the US is on a busy street, and I am not new to noise, but the noise at this hotel is unbearable. This hotel is also close to an airport, and, hence, there is loud noise during take-off and landing. The worst part is that a pool-view room is not guaranteed even if you book it.
The noise issue is a shame because the hotel is pretty. The lobby has a ceiling that is amazing. The rooms are spacious and clean. The mattress is very firm and I love it that way, but I could see some people having issues.
The WIFI did not work for us, and we requested Ethernet connection. It was still extremely slow (a 50kbps dial-up would put this speed to shame). This should not be an issue unless you plan to get some work or entertainment via Internet.
Breakfast was fair. There were many options including traditional and continental choices. On the first day, I saw flies around the fruit trays, and I was somewhat concerned about health issues. It's probably not a big deal.
Most of the staff is friendly, but they do not understand English. Couple of my friends can speak French, and that saved us. This was important for us as we had to discuss WiFi, noise and other issues.
Overall, my recommendation would be to avoid this hotel as there are other excellent choices, both in terms of value for money and amenities, in Marrakesh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Marrakesh, in front of the ramparts of the former Royal Palace and Agdal Gardens, the Ryad Mogador Agdal Hotel & Spa is about ten minutes from the airport, Jamaa El Fna Square and other downtown attractions . A free shuttle is available to reach the main places of interest of the ocher city. It features two large outdoor pools with an area of 2000 m2 each, a spa with an indoor pool, a steam room, a sauna, a hot tub, a hairdressing salon and a fitness to relax during the stay of the guests. Free of charge Wi-Fi is available throughout the property. Its traditional architecture and exterior walls give it an irresistible charm that people can find in the public areas, guest rooms and suites. Very spacious, all guest rooms are equipped with large private terraces overlooking the pools and gardens of the hotel, the city, or even the Atlas mountains. Guests can find comfortable bedding, air conditioning and a bathroom with a bath and shower for their convenience. People can enjoy quality food in the many restaurants serving traditional Moroccan and international cuisine. Buffets and snacks at the pool are also at the disposal of the guests. The property has non-alcoholic bars and tea lounges where people have the opportunity to enjoy the captivating flavors of Morocco and its traditions. For small or big events, the property offers a conference center that can accommodate up to 3000 people with an amphitheater of 1600 seats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, HostelBookers, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Ryad Mogador Agdal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ryad Mogador Agdal Hotel Marrakech
- Ryad Mogador Agdal Marrakech