Positive aspect - Jaw droppingly beautiful chandelier and impressive entrance lobby. Attention to detail of decoration in public areas also very impressive. Staff friendly and helpful despite comments by others to the contrary. A little out of town but given the noise and traffic and smell in the city this was a bonus and the hotel shuttle bus went to and from town 6 times per day to both the old and new city and was always on time. Glad we only booked B&B as selection of food for evening meal not large and could get a little boring. Ate in hotel one night and it was quite expensive as it is a set price for 'eat what you want'. Snacks at pool bar quite reasonably priced.
This is a VERY quiet hotel and I do not know how they survive given the number of the guests but if you want a hotel without crowd of people this is ideal.
We left at 4am in the morning and despite breakfast not being available until 6.30 they had made arrangements for a drink and pastries.
Can recommend the spa - not that expensive and Hamman nice and private, also a very good massage.
Negative points - general standard of decoration in rooms, especially tiling, very shoddy. Interconnecting doors (experienced throes of ecstasy from another room on 2 occasions). Piped music around pool is on a constant loop and drives you mad after a while as they don't change it. Would have been nice if they had provided bath robes. Be wary of a 'very large' bed as it's 2 pushed together and the sheets don't fit. Found that the rooms on the upper floor better than on ground floor.
The hotel exchange rate for the Dirham isn't the best but try the post office in the Old Town Square which gave the best we found. You can't miss it as it's a huge building!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Marrakesh, in front of the ramparts of the former Royal Palace and Agdal Gardens, the Ryad Mogador Agdal Hotel & Spa is about ten minutes from the airport, Jamaa El Fna Square and other downtown attractions . A free shuttle is available to reach the main places of interest of the ocher city. It features two large outdoor pools with an area of 2000 m2 each, a spa with an indoor pool, a steam room, a sauna, a hot tub, a hairdressing salon and a fitness to relax during the stay of the guests. Free of charge Wi-Fi is available throughout the property. Its traditional architecture and exterior walls give it an irresistible charm that people can find in the public areas, guest rooms and suites. Very spacious, all guest rooms are equipped with large private terraces overlooking the pools and gardens of the hotel, the city, or even the Atlas mountains. Guests can find comfortable bedding, air conditioning and a bathroom with a bath and shower for their convenience. People can enjoy quality food in the many restaurants serving traditional Moroccan and international cuisine. Buffets and snacks at the pool are also at the disposal of the guests. The property has non-alcoholic bars and tea lounges where people have the opportunity to enjoy the captivating flavors of Morocco and its traditions. For small or big events, the property offers a conference center that can accommodate up to 3000 people with an amphitheater of 1600 seats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Ryad Mogador Agdal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ryad Mogador Agdal Hotel Marrakech
- Ryad Mogador Agdal Marrakech