Got a last minute deal so had little idea of where we were staying, but we weren't disappointed. Hotel was spacious, spotless, comfortable. Our room (for 2) was huge - 2 showers and bidet in the bathroom, bed big enough for a family of 4! There very few people the week we were there (late June), only half the hotel seemed to be occupied; we had the use of one of two massive, beautiful pools which were very clean, and there were always loads of sunbeds. Food in the restaurant was buffet fare, but was very good and there was always plenty of choice. Staff are friendly, polite, helpful. You need to ask for the information you need, though; it isn't offered. Have a walk around and see what there is in the hotel: there's a tea room and a spa. I have to say, speaking French does help; we were the only English people in the hotel during the week we stayed. I can't speak highly enough of our hotel experience though; very, very relaxing.
The hotel is dry, so if you want/need booze, you'll have to pop along to the Carrefour in the nearby shopping centre and drink it discreetly in your room. Soft drinks and water are available in the hotel, but they are expensive. While we're talking money, don't forget the Moroccan hotel tax you're required to pay when you check out (in June 2013 it was about the equivalent of £40 for 2 of us for a week) - factor it into your holiday budget.
The Jemaa El F'naa is 3.5k away, which is do-able if you're walkers like us and don't mind the heat. We wandered into the city via the Kasbah, or through the jardins d'Agdal. Otherwise you're reliant on taxis. Agree the price first, or you might get ripped off. We started to walk on our first day and were hailed by a caleche (horse-drawn carriage); we negotiated with the driver and spent 180 dirham (less than 20 euros) on a delightful 2 1/2 hour ride around the medina with expert commentary from the driver, a native of Marrakech. Very well worth it and a delightful experience.
Marrakech is a wonderful, vibrant city. We'll probably stay in a riad in the city centre next time, good as this hotel was. But I can honestly say we had a fantastic holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Marrakesh, in front of the ramparts of the former Royal Palace and Agdal Gardens, the Ryad Mogador Agdal Hotel & Spa is about ten minutes from the airport, Jamaa El Fna Square and other downtown attractions . A free shuttle is available to reach the main places of interest of the ocher city. It features two large outdoor pools with an area of 2000 m2 each, a spa with an indoor pool, a steam room, a sauna, a hot tub, a hairdressing salon and a fitness to relax during the stay of the guests. Free of charge Wi-Fi is available throughout the property. Its traditional architecture and exterior walls give it an irresistible charm that people can find in the public areas, guest rooms and suites. Very spacious, all guest rooms are equipped with large private terraces overlooking the pools and gardens of the hotel, the city, or even the Atlas mountains. Guests can find comfortable bedding, air conditioning and a bathroom with a bath and shower for their convenience. People can enjoy quality food in the many restaurants serving traditional Moroccan and international cuisine. Buffets and snacks at the pool are also at the disposal of the guests. The property has non-alcoholic bars and tea lounges where people have the opportunity to enjoy the captivating flavors of Morocco and its traditions. For small or big events, the property offers a conference center that can accommodate up to 3000 people with an amphitheater of 1600 seats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Ryad Mogador Agdal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ryad Mogador Agdal Hotel Marrakech
- Ryad Mogador Agdal Marrakech