My wife and I have just returned from a weekend here with friends. We got a very good deal on the stay but had I paid three times as much as we did I would still have been very pleased with it.
The hotel is huge, with two massive twin pool areas in its central courtyard. It is in typical low rise terracotta Marrakech style. It is 10 minutes from the medina by taxi and a similar distance from the airport. The medina run was 50Dh while the airport journey was 150 Dh.
The reception area is very large with a magnificent chandelier and domed roof which provides an impressive echo. All the rooms are very spacious although on our first night we were placed in one next to the busy and noisy main road into town. We asked to be moved and this was done without any fuss and we were given a pool-view room. Definitely worth requesting. The change was dramatic as it became very peaceful at night and the pool view is delightful. We had two queen-sized beds and a huge bathroom complete with large bath and two separate showers.
There was one evening meal included in our deal and we had it on our first night but it was typical buffet fare. OK but with so many great eateries in town I wouldn't recommend it. Breakfast was fine with plenty of choice.
The hotel seemed virtually empty during our stay as I assume we were out of peak season but the weather was great so it was lovely lazing quietly and undisturbed by the pool. The gardens are pleasant and well tended except that is for the islands in the middle of the pool. They were a mass of weeds. If I were management I would definitely sort that out.
One big word of warning about this hotel. It's dry. No bar, no wine at meal times and only non-alcoholic drinks at the pool bar. Unusual I think for large hotels in Marrakech. I don't think you need to be a craven alcoholic to find this a bit of a nuisance. There is a big sign in reception pointing out that it is forbidden to bring alcohol or snacks into the hotel. Naturally, I would not dream of suggesting that anyone buys such items at the Carrefour supermarket 10 minutes walk away and then discreetly consume them on their lovely balconies in the sunshine. That would be wrong and very naughty.The lunchtime menu at the pool bar was pretty good by the way.
In summary I thought this hotel was great although I could understand the wish to stay nearer to the heart of things in a traditional riad in the medina. This is more of a conference style property with little but the Carrefour shopping centre within walking distance. The lovely pool area however is a big plus
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Marrakesh, in front of the ramparts of the former Royal Palace and Agdal Gardens, the Ryad Mogador Agdal Hotel & Spa is about ten minutes from the airport, Jamaa El Fna Square and other downtown attractions . A free shuttle is available to reach the main places of interest of the ocher city. It features two large outdoor pools with an area of 2000 m2 each, a spa with an indoor pool, a steam room, a sauna, a hot tub, a hairdressing salon and a fitness to relax during the stay of the guests. Free of charge Wi-Fi is available throughout the property. Its traditional architecture and exterior walls give it an irresistible charm that people can find in the public areas, guest rooms and suites. Very spacious, all guest rooms are equipped with large private terraces overlooking the pools and gardens of the hotel, the city, or even the Atlas mountains. Guests can find comfortable bedding, air conditioning and a bathroom with a bath and shower for their convenience. People can enjoy quality food in the many restaurants serving traditional Moroccan and international cuisine. Buffets and snacks at the pool are also at the disposal of the guests. The property has non-alcoholic bars and tea lounges where people have the opportunity to enjoy the captivating flavors of Morocco and its traditions. For small or big events, the property offers a conference center that can accommodate up to 3000 people with an amphitheater of 1600 seats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, HostelBookers, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Ryad Mogador Agdal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ryad Mogador Agdal Hotel Marrakech
- Ryad Mogador Agdal Marrakech