We stayed at this hotel from January 25th - 29th, the hotel is a couple of miles out from the centre of the city, which is a good and bad thing. It is a fair distance to walk every day and taxis in the evening can sometimes get a bit pricey, depending on your haggling skills! The plus side about being out of the city centre however is that it is quieter and away from all the madness of Jemma El Fna.
Our overall stay here was very good, when we arrived we got greeted and taken to our room, the page boy took our bags for us and did not request a tip (although I gave him one anyway). The rooms are spacious and very clean, the bathroom had a separate bath and shower and again was fairly spacious, our particular room had a terrace which was a nice place to relax.
There were only two bad points about the hotel (which I am probably being overly picky about)
1) It was very quiet, as in there were very few people staying there, I must have only seen 7 or 8 other guests the whole time I was there, every time I looked into the restaurant there was never anyone eating there, same goes for the bar.
2) Nobody spoke any English, a few of them knew "hello" but that was it, although I found Marrakech in general to be like this, but not really a bad thing and certainly not something which should put you off staying here.
All in all we really enjoyed our stay in this hotel and it was a nice place to sleep after a long and tiring day of the hustle and bustle which is Marrakech.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Marrakesh, in front of the ramparts of the former Royal Palace and Agdal Gardens, the Ryad Mogador Agdal Hotel & Spa is about ten minutes from the airport, Jamaa El Fna Square and other downtown attractions . A free shuttle is available to reach the main places of interest of the ocher city. It features two large outdoor pools with an area of 2000 m2 each, a spa with an indoor pool, a steam room, a sauna, a hot tub, a hairdressing salon and a fitness to relax during the stay of the guests. Free of charge Wi-Fi is available throughout the property. Its traditional architecture and exterior walls give it an irresistible charm that people can find in the public areas, guest rooms and suites. Very spacious, all guest rooms are equipped with large private terraces overlooking the pools and gardens of the hotel, the city, or even the Atlas mountains. Guests can find comfortable bedding, air conditioning and a bathroom with a bath and shower for their convenience. People can enjoy quality food in the many restaurants serving traditional Moroccan and international cuisine. Buffets and snacks at the pool are also at the disposal of the guests. The property has non-alcoholic bars and tea lounges where people have the opportunity to enjoy the captivating flavors of Morocco and its traditions. For small or big events, the property offers a conference center that can accommodate up to 3000 people with an amphitheater of 1600 seats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, HostelBookers, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ryad Mogador Agdal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ryad Mogador Agdal Hotel Marrakech
- Ryad Mogador Agdal Marrakech