This hotel is well outside the Old City (~ 3km) so you will be spared the muezzin's call and mayhem of the medina, but you will also miss all the action. The hotel does provide free shuttle every 2 hours but ready to hop because they often are more guests than seats, and the unlucky ones have to hire a cab.
The negative reviews below made me a bit uneasy, but my experience with the hotel was, on the whole, positive. It is not a 5 star by any stretch, yet the staff has been invariably helpful and food good. Moroccans are proud and prickly folk and i can easily imagine that the guest who feels superior or wants to push the 'servants' around gets more that they bargained for - the tea never arrives, the safe does not work and the odd camera disappears from the room. I found the room service to be excellent. left my Mac laptop, forgot money on the table - when i came back the money wasn't touched.
Rooms, incidentally, are large and nice. The shower does not have a curtain, so the water sprinkles down on bathroom floor. there was a leak at the bottom of my toilet so there was a steady trickle which the maid had to wipe off every day. Not a big deal. More irritatingly, rooms do not have WiFi so you have to go to the lobby.
The swimming pool is large and nice but no one ever swims so i felt self-conscious about exercise. There is an exercise room in the spa but needs to be paid for separately.
What i liked was the Gnawa, Gharnati music in the lobby every day. Good musicians!
In short, it's basically a generic tourist place, good for meetings etc. Beware of the cabs at the airport - I paid 100 dirhams after some haggling (they knew they had me) and that was perhaps a bit too much. I'd recommend moving into a riad if you have time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Marrakesh, in front of the ramparts of the former Royal Palace and Agdal Gardens, the Ryad Mogador Agdal Hotel & Spa is about ten minutes from the airport, Jamaa El Fna Square and other downtown attractions . A free shuttle is available to reach the main places of interest of the ocher city. It features two large outdoor pools with an area of 2000 m2 each, a spa with an indoor pool, a steam room, a sauna, a hot tub, a hairdressing salon and a fitness to relax during the stay of the guests. Free of charge Wi-Fi is available throughout the property. Its traditional architecture and exterior walls give it an irresistible charm that people can find in the public areas, guest rooms and suites. Very spacious, all guest rooms are equipped with large private terraces overlooking the pools and gardens of the hotel, the city, or even the Atlas mountains. Guests can find comfortable bedding, air conditioning and a bathroom with a bath and shower for their convenience. People can enjoy quality food in the many restaurants serving traditional Moroccan and international cuisine. Buffets and snacks at the pool are also at the disposal of the guests. The property has non-alcoholic bars and tea lounges where people have the opportunity to enjoy the captivating flavors of Morocco and its traditions. For small or big events, the property offers a conference center that can accommodate up to 3000 people with an amphitheater of 1600 seats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Ryad Mogador Agdal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ryad Mogador Agdal Hotel Marrakech
- Ryad Mogador Agdal Marrakech