“Excellent - would recommend.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
3 nights for price of 2
Ranked #57 of 463 Hotels in Marrakech
Bath, United Kingdom
“Excellent - would recommend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The photo's match reality: well maintained & attractive. The staff are absolutely delightful: attentive without being intrusive, responsive, charming & helpful. The pool is quite small, but clean & a Godsend in the heat, the bar is good & well staffed. The rooms are clean, well equipped & attractive. The only possible criticism is that due to the architecture with the doors fitted to the outside of the wall mine wasn't very sound proof, but it is traditional and picturesque. Position: a good distance from the centre which means it is quiet. Food: Very good.

I hope mamon enjoys the roses :)

Ruth

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Utrera, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This 'riad' experience was priceless! There is nothing about going to a fantastical place and have even better accommodations. The women at the front desk are the sweetest and so delightful, not to forget very resourceful.
With our arrival, they seated us in the courtyard and served us Moroccan tea and cookies while we waiting for them to check us in and gather room keys! That was the best, nothing like after a long travel, resting out on a beautiful courtyard, sitting in comfy and cushioned sofas to enjoying tea and cookies :-)

My room was so adorable. The sizing was perfect with closet space, nice sized bathroom, a/c unit, and some really nice accessories in the room. I enjoyed the doors and of course the windows! I wish I could've bought some to bring home!

The ladies at the desk helped us arrange a guide and a tag-along guide as well, also where ATMs were and the best places to get some awesome buys. The Riad was walking distance from many main things and elements of Morocco, especially Jmaa el fma square, the Jewish Quarter, etc. You can easily find your way after getting lost a few times! lol

I had the pleasure of eating lunch and dinner and the dinner was the best Lamb tangine I experienced my whole trip! The tangia was splendid, full of flavor and tender as it could be! I fell in love at first bite. I then decided to take their cooking class they offer and I am so glad I did. The chef was a pleasure learning with and we made him laugh dearly by trying to repeat his French for ingredients! We had a blast and learned so much. He taught us how to prepare lemon chicken tanginess, milk pastille, the moroccan salads, french, native tongues of Morocco, how to prepare the Moroccan style tea, and so much more!

The Hammam spa was an experience...I never been scrubbed like that in my life and I loved it! The steamy room calms you and you forget you are completely nude for the most part, but believe it or not, the roughness of scrubbing is enjoyable. The ladies was fun! We shared some laughs, but I love to share laughs with people because I am a little silly :-)

I enjoyed my stay and would go back and stay a complete isolated day at the riad sharing time laying by the tranquil pool, partake on a massage and scrub, a few drinks at the bar, surf the web out in the courtyard, day-dream, eat, sleep, eat, walk around gather my thoughts and just embrace all that Les Borjs de la Kasbah has to offer, and it's a little bit of heaven!
By the way if I have a daughter I will name here Miriam :-)

Room Tip: Anywhere!! You can get a personal patio with the deluxe, but everywhere is blissful.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The hotel is in a fantastic location. You just walk outside and you are in the centre of the Medina. No need to get a taxi. The hotel staff are incredibly warm and friendly, in fact it is the genuine hospitality of the staff which make this hotel so special. This was my fifth visit to Marrakech and I would definitely book this hotel again. The rooms were very spacious as were the bathrooms. We were given rooms for my daughters right next door to each other which was very convenient. One negative was that the bed was very hard for us, but I think this is just a matter of personal preference. It was also great to have a decent sized pool in such a central location. I think it was good value for money and the breakfasts were also very good. A definite thumbs up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I can't rate this hotel more highly. From the moment we set foot in there, we were treated with such warmth and hospitality. The staff are wonderful, especially Fatimah. It is in a brilliant location because it is away from the direct hustle and bustle of the Jamaa square, yet only a 10 minute walk away from it all! Staying in the old city is also a really unique experience that I would recommend. We stayed in room 202 which is a suite. It was gorgeous. Not good for people who don't like steps as there are 3 steps leading up to the bed. Everyday there were fresh rose petals sprinkled on our bed and around the room. Totally gorgeous.

A slight smell of drains came from the bathroom in the late afternoon but this was completely understandable - it was 46 degrees when we went!

This is also one of the only hotels/riads that has an outdoor pool (as opposed to a plunge pool that is shaded). The pool has a handy sitting area around the shallow end so you can sit happily in the water to your hearts content.

Only thing I would say is that it took quite a long time to get our food when sitting around the pool. For example between 30 - 60 minutes. Actually, if you take this into consideration and order in good time, it is no problem at all. Just bare this in mind.

We attended the Moroccan evening which was fun - great food, music and a belly dancer.

There is a spa on site that does not charge through the roof. I went twice because of this fact.

We happened to pop to Essaouira for a few nights and when we returned we had a day to spend back in Marrakech. The manager went over and above to help us out. Even though we had not paid to go back, they offered us a room for the day at no extra cost and let us use the facilities as if we were guests again. Honestly it was fabulous and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We loved our suite, room 202
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Quite possibly the best hotel I have ever stayed in. All the wonderful qualities of this hotel have already been posted so there is little to add. The walk to and from the sights of Marrakech can seem very long in 46 degree heat but you are soon revived by a dip in the pool and a cup of mint tea. The hotel is also well set for making a winter stay memorable. If you are looking for a hotel in Marrakech, look no further.

Room Tip: Junior sweet gives you seating for a family or group
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

An oasis of away from the craziness of Marrakech. Beautiful courtyard with fountain, great pool - larger than most Riads IT facilities and lovely comfortable relaxing sofa areas Room was delightful and large and retaining all the traditional features that you would expect from a classic Moroccan Riad, while containing all modern comforts including great bathrooms, wonderful beds and air conditioning.
Situated centrally in the Kasbah, close to the Royal Palace and within easy walking distance of all the main sites, its in a lovely neighbourhood but within walking distance of Jma. The breakfasts were lovely and the staff delightful so eager to please. The one dinner i had from restaurant was one of the best meals I had in Marrakech. Will definitey go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 303 and it was just lovely with lots of windows and very very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

What can I say about this hotel that hasn't already been said? The Staff are wonderful, charming and helpful. The rooms are beautiful and the food superb.To have a lovely pool and on-site hamman is the icing on the cake. It's a haven of tranquility away from the non-stop activity of the medina and we loved every minute.In fact we are planning our next visit. You must stay here!

Room Tip: Any room is a good one!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Les Borjs de la Kasbah? Share your experiences!