After looking online at several smaller riads, I chose Les Borjs de la Kasbah because I wanted a riad in the medina. As a woman traveling with two other women, I also wanted to have hotel services such as a bar and restaurant.
Les Borjs is absolutely beautiful -- even better than the website -- with wonderful service. The staff made arrangements for day trips to the Ourika Valley and Essaouria, a half-day guide in the medina, and last-minute manicures and pedicures in the hotel's peaceful spa. The hotel bar serves an excellent Moroccan rose.
My only quibble was with the hotel's restaurant recommendations. On two separate occassions, we asked for suggestions for dinner. Both times we were directed to Al Baraka in the Djemma el Fna. When I heard the location the first time, and that there was belly dancing, I asked for another recommendation but was told that other guests liked it because of the belly dancing. Then on our last night, we asked the woman at the front desk, who wasn't the same one as earlier in the week, for a nearby restaurant. We said we had an early flight and wanted a casual dinner. Once again, we were directed to Al Baraka. Fortunately another guest recommended the Kasbah Cafe, which was less than a 10 minute walk from the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Les Borjs De La Kasbah Hotel
- Les Borjs De La Kasbah Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Les Borjs de la Kasbah is a charming boutique hotel (opened in 2007) combining all the character of a traditional riad with the modern comforts and professionalism of a luxury hotel. Adjoining two borjs (defensive towers), the hotel stands at the southern edge of the walled city, close to the royal palace, a 15-20 min walk through the kasbah from the Place Jemaa. There are 18 rooms, 3 lounges, a bar, restaurant and meeting room, all with free internet access. In a separate, secluded part of the complex there is also a 10m swimming pool (a rarity in the kasbah), with poolside bar, and a spa with traditional hammam, massage rooms and sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Les Borjs de la Kasbah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.