We are a group of 40-something women who have just returned from a 4 day trip to Marrakech (March 2013)' One had a birthday the day we arrived and another during the stay.
We picked Les Borjs de la Kasbah after reading extensive reviews on Tripadvisor of various Riads available and couldn't fault it. Before arriving there was some email correspondence which was always answered within 24 hours, efficiently and courteously. The hotel arranged for a taxi to collect us from the airport. Not a long trip but the taxi can drop you directly outside the hotel which makes life a lot easier!! It worked out at 15 euros per room, so 7.50e each which seemed comparable to the prices at the airport and a lot more efficient.
The hotel is beautiful as you can see from the photos already posted. We were in room 206 - a double with really nice bathroom, sitting area, tv (never switched on but I believe they have all the cable channels!!) fridge etc. There is an enclosed terrace outside 205 and 206 with sliding windows overlooking the breakfast area and a small table and chairs outside the room. perfect for sitting and having a drink (or a cigarette!!!)The whole roof of the breakfast area slides back 'a la Wimbledon' which is lovely!!
The courtyards are beautifully kept with a library area (book exchange) tv room, comfy area with couches and cushions. This is also the best place to get a strong wi-fi signal. The pool area is perfect. Heated pool that is a decent enough size to swim in, lots of sunbeds and umbrellas. No stress, no grabbing of sunbeds - just peace and quiet :-)
The staff could not do enough to help. Always smiling and helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them. The birthday girls received 'Happy Birthday' cards and their names spelled out in flowers on their beds!!! The rooms were kept immaculately as were all areas of the hotel.
Breakfast was a real treat. Lots of choice; eggs cooked to order, wonderful pastries, moroccan breads, fresh fruit, cereals, cheeses etc. I don't think anyone could fault the choice. We also ate there one evening, and again the food was fabulous and exceptionally good value.
All in all the hotel was a joy to stay at and I would certainly go back there again.
Boring bits but may be useful!!! Rooms have a safe deposit box with a key. Hairdryers are in the bathrooms, quite powerful but no styling nozzles if you need one!! No kettles in room (we took a travel kettle which was perfect for early cups of tea on the terrace - how terribly British!!). Brilliant showers and constant hot water and pressure. Towels and bathrobes provided. Didn't have any problems with mozzies or flies. Easy straightforward walk to the main square (about 15-20 minutes saunter). 2 minutes to the Tombs. Bombarded by every stall-keeper and shop owner you pass. A smile and some patience goes a long way :-). We did get fed up with people trying to show us the way to places (and expecting payment) so had to be quite firm in our 'No's' !! Money changing is easy. We tended to use the exchange at the Government Department store with the big stone lions outside on the way to the square. The rates didnt vary enough for us to need to hunt around. This shop is expensive but hassle-free, so a good place to look at the sort of things you might want to haggle for in the souks!!
A beautiful city that requires a lot of walking but is worth every step. I think 4 days is enough for Marrakech - if I had been staying longer I would have wanted to visit the mountains or the coast. Places we enjoyed: tombs, Jardin Majorelle, Tanneries, Dyers Souk, Spice Souk (jewish quarter), Maison de la Photographie, sunset over the square on a rooftop terrace. Dinner on the roof at Cafe Kasbah. The beautiful architecture and just ambling around getting constantly lost!!
- Also Known As:
- Les Borjs De La Kasbah Hotel
- Les Borjs De La Kasbah Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Les Borjs de la Kasbah is a charming boutique hotel (opened in 2007) combining all the character of a traditional riad with the modern comforts and professionalism of a luxury hotel. Adjoining two borjs (defensive towers), the hotel stands at the southern edge of the walled city, close to the royal palace, a 15-20 min walk through the kasbah from the Place Jemaa. There are 18 rooms, 3 lounges, a bar, restaurant and meeting room, all with free internet access. In a separate, secluded part of the complex there is also a 10m swimming pool (a rarity in the kasbah), with poolside bar, and a spa with traditional hammam, massage rooms and sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Les Borjs de la Kasbah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.