“A Wonderful Oasis in an Amazing City” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
FREE NIGHT OFFERS
Ranked #55 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
Romford
“A Wonderful Oasis in an Amazing City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at Les Borjs de la Kasbah with my sister and 2 female friends for 3 nights from 28th June 2012. It really is a lovely place. The rooms are huge, beautifully decorated and wonderfully clean. The pool area is fabulous - a real oasis in the heart of the Kasbah. Lunch by the poolside was great and after the first day the staff set 'our' table for us right by the poolside. The staff are very friendly and were only too happy to help out with ordering taxi's and recommending places to visit. Breakfast was plentiful and the dinning room in a lovely setting. I didn't try the spa but my sister and friends all had a massage and said it was very good. Marrakech is an amazing city - vibrant and lively and full of contrasts. The hotel is not in the best of areas but please don't let this put you off - I'll definitely return to this wonderful place - one of the best places I have ever stayed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Just returned from yet another relaxing stay at Les Borjs. It's like being home from home for me, after coming here many times since January 2011, so I can vouch for the other reviews in excellence. I am over 65 and travel to different countries every 2 months, mostly combining business with leisure. On one occasion I hadn't booked ahead so swiftly and Les Borjs was full, so I stayed at the newly revamped famous landmark 4* Design Hotel in Gueliz 4* La Renaissance ( #236 of 437 Hotels in Marrakech). Much more expensive, soulless, and certainly not the kind of personal service I had got used too staying in the 4* Les Borj de la Kasbah (#76 of 437 Hotels in Marrakech). I soon learnt to book ahead.

The difference between this family owned boutique hotel in the Kasbah, and a swanky corporate like La Renaissance, is the love and detail that dwells within at Les Borjs. Tom, Jihane ( the lady in the office ) Sofia the attentive maid, and Hassna in the Spa rooms are just examples of care toward me, pampering and devotion to the craft of service. Nothing is too much. Sometimes I would work in Casablanca for 10 days, topping and tailing work with a 4 day Les Borjs relaxation stay either side, which proved invaluable, as did being able to leave small bits of shopping and luggage behind, saving me lugging it all the way to Casa and back. This is high personal service. Incidentally, I don't speak french and on more than one occasion Reception organised train tickets for me or written details down on paper for me to hand into the ticket office. I tried this at La Renaissance Reception and got blank looks. Nothing is too much trouble at Les Borjs.

A recent addition to Les Borjs, is updated cable TV, prior to this visit BBC World on a loop was the only English option, while now you can get all UK terrestrial Channels,( plus European networks ) great if you plan a long visit and want a night in. I'm not really a 'pool person', but the laid back serenity of the open air pool, is exactly what is required somedays, reading a book and for me a plus - an almost child free zone. Only seen one child on all my 10 visits to Les Borjs, larger 'family' hotels inevitably have a more vibrant pool area, which I am inclined to avoid.

I aways book half board upfront, not just for it's outstanding value but simply because I have never had a bad meal in 10 visits. Not one. Stylish, beautifully presented, clean wholesome Moroccan/French/ with an Asian fusion dinner menu. Restaurants in London charge more than double for less. Service is exemplary and the breakfast buffet is a feast of invention, difficult to know where to start, the choice is huge but I always go for the homemade yogurt first, with the good coffee and the sweetest, freshest orange juice to follow, then I start eating as the stomach takes me. You won't fail to be impressed by Naoual & Fatima in the Restaurant & Bar, long term employees and always welcoming, made my stay as a single person, not feel out of place with the couples at table, and never made to feel "alone' in a restaurant. As I said FAULTLESS, and my moroccan home from home. See you again this year Les Borjs!

Room Tip: for wifi in your room, ask in advance for a room overlooking the patio.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed in Les Borjs de la Kasbah for a week and loved it. The staff were lovely, particularly on reception, the rooms, and all other areas, were really well decorated and very well kept. Breakfast was good and, when we chose not to go out in the evening, the standard of evening meals was also very good. There was about a 15 minute walk to the main square in the old town but apart from having to stay aware of the numerous mopeds it was fine. Staying there was very relaxed and friendly and when we left we were even waved off at the door by the owner.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New Forest, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I can but only agree with all the other reviews given here. This place is wonderful, and without fault, the staff do their utmost to make you feel welcome and happy - from the welcome mint tea (delicious) and moroccan biscuits on arrival, to the amazing breakfasts each morning (yes, the avocado smoothie really is as good as Rosemary described), and the lovely - well priced - Moroccan dinner, which we had one evening.
Not forgetting the lovely salad lunch in the main courtyard we had on our last day.
The rooms are individually designed, with each and all opening out onto beautiful courtyards.
The pool and Spa/Hamman area is tranquil - pool is heated too!
Special mention to Darek, who actually went out of his way to buy us a Supratours coach ticket, as we mentioned one day that we had to go across to the station in the new town to buy it to go to Essaouira after our time in Marrakech - he just said leave it to me, and we only found out afterwards that he actually went to get it personally - and he asked for no commission either - just the face value.
He also organised a great daytrip for the two of us and another solo traveller in the hotel's minibus up to the Ourika Valley to see the waterfalls at Setti Fatma. The driver was a great tour guide, giving lots of tips and stopping at the places we wanted to go to.
You sensed that this level of service is the norm here.
There is nothing not to love here (unless your idea of a good holiday is to stay in your room on t'internet and you find that the hotel wifi doesn't extend to the rooms - which would not be my idea of a holiday, but I guess it is for some people?) As it happens there is a free to use PC in one of the rooms off the main courtyard, for essential net and email use - more than good enough for us.
One tip, don't take any notice of scroungers outside and on the walk up to the tourist areas (and everywhere else in Marrakech too) - they will try to tell you that the road ahead is "closed". its a ploy to ask you for money when they have you all alone, or to direct you subltly to their mate's spice/slipper/etc shop- even the ones who engage you with that old classic: "I am a university lecturer and i was lucky to meet your lovely Queen when i was at a reception held by our crown prince". the whole idea is to get you somewhere a little quiet before requesting in sinister tones for some money to buy milk for "my newly born twins, who's mother cannot lactate". As anyone who's been to Marrakech before will attest, It's virtually impossible not to fall for someone's story at some time. the best insurance is just not to have a 100dirham note as your smallest change - just make sure you have a few 5 dirham coins in your pocket to quickly hand over and scarper quickly - and put it down to experience, and enjoy laughing about it when you tell the tale later (as i am doing now!)
Would I stay here again? Yes, Yes, Yes

Room Tip: Would not expect a bad room here, fro what we could see.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Les Borjs de la Kasbah is a beautiful tranquil haven situated in the heart of the Marrakesh old town, right next to the Royal Palace. The rooms are spacious and cool, with excellent en suite bathrooms. Wonderful selection at breakfast, heated swimming pool, fabulous service. There's nothing not to love about this place. Go.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed here 3 nights in late Feb. Hotel and room were immaculate. Staff very helpful kind and friendly. Breakfast was good, a bit disorganised but in a laid back kind of way. Pool and patio areas gave space and peace.... I imagine the pool must come as a welcome cooling off place in the hotter weather.

Marrakech was a bit of culture shock for us. The hotel is in a cobbled street full of workshops and shops for the locals, it is slightly off the beaten track yet still inside the city walls. It took a bit of getting used to, but once you know your way round the kasbah area and up towards Jemma n Fnaa square is great for exploring by foot. But a taxi can stop outside the hotel as well if you feel too tired to walk to one of the sights. So all in all the location is fine.

It is a 5 min walk to the Saadian tombs and the nearby mosque. There is a nice rooftop cafe there..the Kasbah cafe..which we can recommend.. For one evening meal we went to Pepe Nero which was excellent..... and we enjoyed the meal and belly dancing show at Le Salama restaurant (near Jemma n Fnaa..be there by 9pm for a nice 15 min show).

Thanks to all the staff at les Borjs...and for our anniversary surprise... much appreciated.

Room Tip: We stayed in 303... really nice
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a heavenly place to stay. I went recently feeling very tired and as soon as I stepped through the doors I felt revived. The staff were very kind and the lovely building a delight to be in - the open central courtyard, very calming. Food very good, particularly the breakfasts - avocado smoothie mmmm. Also a hammam and excellent masseuse. The situation in the Kasbah area is perfect. The hotel arranged for a walking tour of the Medina with a guide on my first day and a visit to the Atlas Mountains, which was inspiring. I would love to return. Thank you!

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Les Borjs de la Kasbah? Share your experiences!